How many planetary 4-mans do you wind up abandoning?

TheSwamper

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a High Pop server, I've done 0 on my current (second) toon. On my first one I stopped doing them after I worked out that those 30 minutes spent spamming /1 to form and 10 minutes+ waiting for everyone else to get to the instance could have been better spent questing solo.

You're doing it wrong. I spam while questing. I don't head to the zone until everyone is close. I never waste time while doing heroic quests.

Mostly all of them. Sometimes I take a peek at the kind of mobs I'll be facing to see if there is some way I can pull it off with just me and the companion. I drop them because by the time I do get a group for them I'm probably in a different part of the region :|

After Coruscant I pretty much don't expect to do them, I made the mistake, and really it was obviously silly me. When given the choice to go to EITHER Taris or Coruscant 2.0 - Nr Shadarr. I figured I could do both or skip one so I went to NS only to be told I HAD TO do the now out leveled Taris so I didn't even bother with them on Taris.

On Tat I couldn't even find a group for the 2+ and unfortunately every time a 4 man was forming I was either on the other end of the planet or in a story area.

Since I'm apparently one of those crazies who would rather be doing something rather sitting in one area spamming "LFG/LFM...." I just don't even bother.

After Coruscant I pretty much don't expect to do them, I made the mistake, and really it was obviously silly me. When given the choice to go to EITHER Taris or Coruscant 2.0 - Nr Shadarr. I figured I could do both or skip one so I went to NS only to be told I HAD TO do the now out leveled Taris so I didn't even bother with them on Taris.

On Tat I couldn't even find a group for the 2+ and unfortunately every time a 4 man was forming I was either on the other end of the planet or in a story area.

Since I'm apparently one of those crazies who would rather be doing something rather sitting in one area spamming "LFG/LFM...." I just don't even bother.

You can periodically type "LFG..." while doing other things. You don't have to sit in one area and spam.

I usually respond to other people typing "LFM..."

I don't try to organize them myself.

I've been abandoning almost all of them since the very beginning of act one. It seems like the further you get the less people play, and or even want to do the 4 mans or even the 2 man heroics.

I almost always see at least one guy asking for people to do them but whenever I join we never get past the two of us.

I've been abandoning almost all of them since the very beginning of act one. It seems like the further you get the less people play, and or even want to do the 4 mans or even the 2 man heroics.

I almost always see at least one guy asking for people to do them but whenever I join we never get past the two of us.

people get trolled by all the bugs in the heroic quests. I'd be turned off too.

Edited by justamemory

I don't do any Heroics/Flashpoints.

I solo 100% of the time on all of my characters so as soon as I get a Heroic/FP mission, I immediately remove it from the mission tracker so that it doesn't show up on my map & then abandon it once I leave that planet.

o datz hardkoar meng.

I'm just curious, because it's very rare I see any LFMs for these and the few I've done just seem so not worthwhile.

I find the Fleet FPs much more fun, as they seem to have many more things going on.

My 4th alt is just completing chapter 1 and it's fair to say that between all of them I've abandoned almost every planetary 4-man. In fact, at this point, I'd be happy for an option to have the quest givers for them not even show up on my radar.

I'm not anti-grouping, but I am very much anti-waiting around not playing while trying to convince three players out of the twenty-odd on that planet at the time to do the quest.

The earlier levels have lots of people, so I usually do them. Nar Shaddaa is the first zone where things tail off and there aren't that many calls for teams. I expect it will improve with time as people level up.

I've done all of them so far. I'm on Balmorra, Republic side. I can always find groups within 15 minutes tops, and I don't stand around waiting, I keep playing while advertising on the general chat.

Honestly the views here are so different from what I see ingame, I'm calling you all out as liars.

Edited by SkilledSeeker

Didn't read all 8 pages, but I have a 50, a 45, and more than a few on the way to 50 (Hello, I'm an altaholic). I have not run one heroic 4, and realy don't plan to.

I do like the concept of an LFG Bioware has, if only people used it. I can spend hours on a planet with 50+ players and I'm in LFG with no hits. And I can be on a planet with 50+ players and not one is flaged LFG.

Ofcourse with the race to max level and raiding, lower level stuff is offten pased over. I think that with a game like this, that is a hugh mistake. Maybe I'll have better luck on a RP server, where people are more intersted in the story and not the race to end game.