ETA on cross-server Warzones??

Airoper

A lot of PvPers are getting Bord how long must we wait to have a chance to kill everyone on every server??

update:

server populations are low out of prime time or the server is just low in general so pops are to slow or they dont even pop, we pay to play we are not paying to wait all day or night for a WZ

Edited by Airoper

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA = Never. If you're waiting on cross-server anything, unsubscribe now. Bioware has said they do not want to implement cross server queues. This is a good thing.

They have said NO SUCH THING. What they talked about are the infamous Dungeon Finder for Flashpoints, has nothing to do with PvP. As it refers to WoW.

Edited by Zoroth

March at the latest, if this game has any future. I imagine at LEAST 10-20% of the players are PvP'ers. That's a HUGE drop in playerbase if they don't deliver.

It's a higher percentage and you are incorrect in assuming everyone wants cross server wz's. Me and my guild are enjoying the personal aspect of seeing players you know from your own server.

*********** sucks, on our server theres 1 republic pvp guild and nobody else republic queue, so every damn game our random imperial is ALWAYS against their republic pvp premade guild. if they dont queue, theres no games and i can wait 3 hours for a game.

quitting this game by end of this subscription period if they dont cross server the queues as im not willing to start the game again after all the work into my character

It's a higher percentage and you are incorrect in assuming everyone wants cross server wz's. Me and my guild are enjoying the personal aspect of seeing players you know from your own server.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying that - weighing all factors up against eachother - it's better with cross-server.

But I think your point about knowing your competition is good, definitely valid. I just don't think it's that important for most PvP'ers. But maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

ETA = Never. If you're waiting on cross-server anything, unsubscribe now. Bioware has said they do not want to implement cross server queues. This is a good thing.

It's only a good thing if every server has the population to support itself.

Many don't, including mine (and no, I don't want to reroll - I will unsubscribe before I reroll).

My server has enough queuers in prime time for 2 warzones at a time, max. We have 1 guild that is very hardcore PvP (a few of them are Battlemasters, and since no one ever goes to Ilum on my server, it's probably 99% from warzones). They queue as a premade, and don't lose.

What this has done is create a situation where everyone that's not in this guild simply queues solo until they get on their team 3 times, and then they stop queueing. Only one other guild queues as a premade 4, and they only win when they team up with the better guild.

I happened to be off work yesterday, and the weather was crap, so I did all my dailies and got my 9 weekly wins, as well. I probably entered 15 or so warzones (and 3 of them were vs Republic).

Of the dozen or so vs other Empire, the 2 best were the ones without that premade. The second of those started as 6 v 6, and was that way for 2 or 3 minutes. At that point the 4 man premade entered, 2 on each side (as they probably didn't want to wait 15 minutes to get in one). It was easily the best match of the day (ending 5-4 at time), as they weren't favoring each other - but actually going after each other.

But my point is, on a server such as mine - low pop and very low warzone participation at 50, the gear difference is such that you know, upon entering, whether you will win about 95% of the time. If you face Republics, you win (even a full on Empire pug), if you get the good premade guild, you win (they never queue more than 4 at once, ever), if you go against the good premade guild, you lose.

Most are ok with that, because if you queue solo, it seems you have about a 50% chance of teaming with the premades, so 5 or 6 queues and you should complete your daily - and that's all most people see PvP as now - a daily.

With Ilum so awful and expertise so dominant, I don't know of anyone on my server who actually "takes PvP seriously" as a competitive event. It's a joke, but it's a faster way than Flashpoints to get decent gear (removable mods, etc). But once people start getting raid drops, the warzone participation will drop dramatically (at least on my server).

So merging my server's queue with 3 or 5 other similar servers (or just merging the servers!) would spice things up and make it a bit unpredictable.

Edited by Bregah

I'm not assuming anything, I'm saying that - weighing all factors up against eachother - it's better with cross-server.

But I think your point about knowing your competition is good, definitely valid. I just don't think it's that important for most PvP'ers. But maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

You are just another example of the people who have the mindset that nothing else matters except their own personal queue times. You don't care about things that could ruin PvP for a lot of people, as long as you get near instant PvP queues.

They should make a special server just for you, where if a full group is not found in 30 seconds the missing spots are filled with NPC characters to play against. Yes, this would be really stupid for PvP WZ's, but hey, you'd have really fast queues!!

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1422167#post1422167

It's only a good thing if every server has the population to support itself.

Many don't, including mine (and no, I don't want to reroll - I will unsubscribe before I reroll).

My server has enough queuers in prime time for 2 warzones at a time, max. We have 1 guild that is very hardcore PvP (a few of them are Battlemasters, and since no one ever goes to Ilum on my server, it's probably 99% from warzones). They queue as a premade, and don't lose.

What this has done is create a situation where everyone that's not in this guild simply queues solo until they get on their team 3 times, and then they stop queueing. Only one other guild queues as a premade 4, and they only win when they team up with the better guild.

I happened to be off work yesterday, and the weather was crap, so I did all my dailies and got my 9 weekly wins, as well. I probably entered 15 or so warzones (and 3 of them were vs Republic).

Of the dozen or so vs other Empire, the 2 best were the ones without that premade. The second of those started as 6 v 6, and was that way for 2 or 3 minutes. At that point the 4 man premade entered, 2 on each side (as they probably didn't want to wait 15 minutes to get in one). It was easily the best match of the day (ending 5-4 at time), as they weren't favoring each other - but actually going after each other.

But my point is, on a server such as mine - low pop and very low warzone participation at 50, the gear difference is such that you know, upon entering, whether you will win about 95% of the time. If you face Republics, you win (even a full on Empire pug), if you get the good premade guild, you win (they never queue more than 4 at once, ever), if you go against the good premade guild, you lose.

Most are ok with that, because if you queue solo, it seems you have about a 50% chance of teaming with the premades, so 5 or 6 queues and you should complete your daily - and that's all most people see PvP as now - a daily.

With Ilum so awful and expertise so dominant, I don't know of anyone on my server who actually "takes PvP seriously" as a competitive event. It's a joke, but it's a faster way than Flashpoints to get decent gear (removable mods, etc). But once people stop getting raid drops, the warzone participation will drop dramatically (at least on my server).

So merging my server's queue with 3 or 5 other similar servers (or just merging the servers!) would spice things up and make it a bit unpredictable.

It isn't that I don't understand the issue you are describing, but the solution isn't to introduce cross-server queing for the game. It seems like a server merge with another low pop server would be best.

i dont care who i kill as long as i get to kill, i pay to play not pay to wait just so i can kill the same people over & over, alot of people forget most people that play mmos are casual players that play after work school etc we have real lives to. just cause a hand-full of people that play prime time dont want to cross server at the expense of everyone else s play experience is silly

Hopefully the ETA is/becomes never. Cross-server anything destroys community. At a minimum, it prevents community from developing, which BioWare seems to realize from some of their past statements about it being something they didn't want to do too early in the game's lifecycle.

i dont care about you carebear community i want to play something i pay for there is no community in mmos its call join a guild but ruin a game for everyone else just cause you dont want to share you players from your server with other PvPers.

this is my community the WHOLE PvP player base i want to kill or fight everyone that likes PvP not just a few on my server i say again you are silly if you dont want to cross server not everyone live in prime time plus i dont like you enough to wait for you to log on just so i can play a game i pay for i say again not everyone lives in prime time!!!!!

i dont care about you carebear community i want to play something i pay for there is no community in mmos its call join a guild but ruin a game for everyone else just cause you dont want to share you players from your server with other PvPers.

this is my community the WHOLE PvP player base i want to kill or fight everyone that likes PvP not just a few on my server i say again you are silly if you dont want to cross server not everyone live in prime time plus i dont like you enough to wait for you to log on just so i can play a game i pay for i say again not everyone lives in prime time!!!!!

Translation: "I'm in such a hurry that I can't even communicate in coherent sentences!! I can only play 7 minutes a day so I need PvP queues to be instant!"

It isn't that I don't understand the issue you are describing, but the solution isn't to introduce cross-server queing for the game. It seems like a server merge with another low pop server would be best.

Oh I agree, which is why I mentioned it.

But I suspect that server merges are the last thing Bioware wants to do, so for myself to get any enjoyment out of PvP, cross-server queues are the most likely way it's going to happen.

If I was offered a free transfer right now, I'd take it. If paid transfers came out right now for the same price in that other game, I'd probably do it. But I won't reroll when it's in Bioware's power to do something about low population servers (and mine was "heavy" in prime time the entire first 10 days that I played, but it's one of those that has had it's population dwindle pretty dramatically).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.