BioWare, what the hell?

Xanerithe

So currently my buddy is locked out of his account due to suspicious behavior. How is this even remotely possible when he has a authenticator on his account, and why the hell would you guys disable it, are you guys dumb? You are making him wait in line for hours to reclaim his account when nothing is wrong to begin with.

You guys are making it VERY hard to stick with your game.

This is totally absurd, you don't not just lock peoples account for false reasons, THERE IS NO SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR!. What the hell is wrong with you guys? Literally waiting 2 hours on the phone?

Edited by Xanerithe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So currently my buddy is locked out of his account due to suspicious behavior. How is this even remotely possible when he has a authenticator on his account, and why the hell would you guys disable it, are you guys dumb? You are making him wait in line for hours to reclaim his account when nothing is wrong to begin with.

You guys are making it VERY hard to stick with your game.

Maybe your buddy was exploiting and it has nothing to do with a question about whether his account was hacked (which is what the authenticator is for).

Maybe you should try posting your buddy's account name or something rather than pointlessly ranting here (you haven't provided any info that would be useful or asked for any action). You might wanna try the CS forum, although you're probably not going to get much help there either given that Bioware provides the worst CS of any MMO I've ever played - and it's not even close.

Maybe your buddy was exploiting and it has nothing to do with a question about whether his account was hacked (which is what the authenticator is for).

Maybe you should try posting your buddy's account name or something rather than pointlessly ranting here (you haven't provided any info that would be useful or asked for any action). You might wanna try the CS forum, although you're probably not going to get much help there either given that Bioware provides the worst CS of any MMO I've ever played - and it's not even close.

So if you know they give horrible customer service why flame me? I play with him all the time he did no suspicious behavior, Pandas here I come I welcome thee as my new overlords!

You - "Why have you locked my bank account <Bank Name> ? Its fine nothings wrong at all"

Bank - "Ok in the future anything that looks out of place we shall ignore"

3 weeks later....

You - "My account has just been cleaned out!!! Why did you not lock my account <BankName> ?..."

Bank - "you told us not too"

Your "friend" did something suspicious. Out of an abundance of caution, they are investigating whatever issue it was. What was so difficult about figuring out what's going on? I figured it out based on your post alone, so it can't be that difficult).

(By the way, if you were trying to sound like a petulant child, well done!)

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your Star Wars: The Old Republic game and website account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. While you will still be able to view swtor.com, including the community forums, you will not be able to log in to view your account information or post on the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

See where it says security? DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP!!!

Get bent BioWare, seriously.

Edited by Xanerithe

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your Star Wars: The Old Republic game and website account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. While you will still be able to view swtor.com, including the community forums, you will not be able to log in to view your account information or post on the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

See where it says security? DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP!!!

If someone enters the wrong Security Question so many times, the account locks.

Leveling up is suspicious behavior? We just got to lvl 50 together, that's it, he read me the email, it has nothing to do with doing something wrong.

And the forums are the place to solve this issue ^^

Honestly something was suspicious there checking it, if they find nothing then all is ok. But tbh i think you are telling porkies, why panic if there is nothing wrong?

And the forums are the place to solve this issue ^^

Honestly something was suspicious there checking it, if they find nothing then all is ok. But tbh i think you are telling porkies, why panic if there is nothing wrong?

Because now he has to wait on the phone for 2+ hours to get his account back, what's the point of a authenticator?

HE HAS A F***** authenticator!

Doesn't mean someone can't make multiple attempts at guessing his authentication code.

This is all hearsay anyway. "My friend's brother's uncle's cousin said we are all getting 1,000,000 creds. Where is my in-game mail Bioware!? Get bent!"

Edited by Thaltom

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

They took precautions to protect your friend's account and also his personal data (CC link to account?).

This is the thanks they get. You are a very special type of awesome. It's fine to be upset, but you're not being very productive. No one here is going to be able to help you... not that we really want to with your attitude.