The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will there be a new Star Wars film series?

Zemeckiss

I have been reading up on the "story" of Star Wars and have found that the story involved has actually continued long after the end of Episode IV.

Many interesting things happen that would make great film series; such as when Luke becomes Jedi Grand Master, marries someone called Mara Jade, trains Leia in the Force, creates the New Jedi Order and teaches new Jedi. Leia marries Han Solo, have three kids, one of them, Jacen Solo, turns to the dark side and takes up the name Darth Caedus, replacing Darth Vader as Dark Lord of the Sith

I have been reading up on the "story" of Star Wars and have found that the story involved has actually continued long after the end of Episode IV.

Many interesting things happen that would make great film series; such as when Luke becomes Jedi Grand Master, marries someone called Mara Jade, trains Leia in the Force, creates the New Jedi Order and teaches new Jedi. Leia marries Han Solo, have three kids, one of them, Jacen Solo, turns to the dark side and takes up the name Darth Caedus, replacing Darth Vader as Dark Lord of the Sith

That's something that been asked for a long time, though I doubt he personally will continue the series (cause theres so much in the books before and after that he couldn't possibly fit it all in before he's dead, and who the heck would wnt to base their whole life round making one theme'd movies) he did however leave it up to one of his employees to carry on the story, maybe he or a director will take on the challenge. Sad thing is, who would want to try to take on Lucas's baby, and whoever does is just gonna mess it up anyway.

You can't recreate such a creative mind.

Edited by DarkoDon

Movies aren't gonna happen. The lore in written form has gone from right after ROTJ up for another 40 years. There is a massive amount of material and yes cannon there now. No way anyone could make good movies in this period while keeping with the books, just too much has happened. My suggestion would be to read these books, many of the series and books are very good, well worth the read. They could try to do visual media with some of it on minor characters, but not major ones. You really think Hamell and Ford are going to be running around on screen at their age? Fisher? Yikes...

Gee-Ell takes tons of money from nerds. Why would he need to bother with making a movie and then the same nerds flaming him for his latest movie being worse the ones before and having crap like gungans in it ?!?

Who cares? It's all about the creds! :p

There was surpose to be a Live action TV series set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But no word on it. Was surpose to start last year.

Yea heard about this too, but i also heard this was going to be mostly from a militaristic standpoint and involve none of the beloved characters from the OT. And that there would basically be no jedi/sith and IMO i would never want to watch anything SW if there is no force users at all in it.

As far as the books, Ive read over 60 now! And I love them, the EU is pretty sweet, so if you craving SW action then start with the Timothy Zahn Thrawn Trilogy set 5 years after ROTJ. There are literally dozens of books from the from right after Endor up to 40 years later.

Not to mention all the books based in other areas CW, TOR era, Banes era, they all have good stuff. Cant forget the new jedi order the Vong war IMO again is almost better than the any of the wars documented in the movies or even in this game. For those of you that have read it imagine if the Vong actually had the force!

Edited by LordDeschain

That's something that been asked for a long time, though I doubt he personally will continue the series (cause theres so much in the books before and after that he couldn't possibly fit it all in before he's dead, and who the heck would wnt to base their whole life round making one theme'd movies) he did however leave it up to one of his employees to carry on the story, maybe he or a director will take on the challenge. Sad thing is, who would want to try to take on Lucas's baby, and whoever does is just gonna mess it up anyway.

You can't recreate such a creative mind.

One of his daughters already writes scripts for the Clone Wars series, so maybe she will also inherit Star Wars.

Once George Lucas has passed on, I'm sure that those who will then own the rights will make another set of movies.

Unless Lucas specifically passes the rights on to someone after his death, no one will be able to create any Star Wars-related material until at least 2072, outside of any projects that are already in the works or agreed upon beforehand.

As an avid fan of starwars...I say, NO THANKS. Already seen the kind of spin offs lucas likes to do, Caravan of Courage, DROIDS, Christmas Special. We have seen his attempt to bring back the magic and now we have Episode 1 were Vader became Space Jesus.

No more. More Games YES. More books YES. More Films NO. Clone wars cartoon has been decent, but maybe its just we dont expect much, we will take anything that is not Bad.

If they use the same effects that BW is using in the movie openings to this game I think they could continue doing tons of movies (even starring the original characters) with it.

I hate CGI crap, but the movie intro to Republic/Empire in this game are awesome.

As for live action, I don't know; Depends if he wants another 5 billion $.

Heres my thing about all this, if there was any other movies made. No one would like them they would bash them and be all upset because it didnt follow the story they wanted. You really think they would use one of the books, or would they just write up a new script for a new story all togeather. I have a feeling a whole new script would be written. Once again everyone one would be mad a bash Lucas for not using whats in front of him.

As for if for some reason they did make more movies I think the CGI would be cool then they could use the actor's from the original series for voice acting. But once again my statement above is why they prolly would not.

Yes I believe eventually there will be. George Lucas most likely will not direct them but I am sure he will produce them.

Look to your history. George Lucas has said this before. He once said he would never film anymore Star Wars movies after he made Return of the Jedi. Eventually he relented since film technology caught up to his vision.

Money has a funny way of making things happen. I'm not saying he will do this anytime soon. It is going to be a long time before we see another Star Wars film, but it will someday happen.

For a long, long time they said The Lord of the Rings will never be made into a film. Well look how that turned out.

All it takes is the right time, right people, right money, and right conditions and it will happen. Never say never.

The EU is the new films.