US or EURO servers for Australians?

thebensonmethod

Hi guys,

Thought i'd post something instead of complaining i'm not in yet. As it's not going to help me get in any faster.

I am one of the people in Australia who preordered. And for some reason I was assuming EU servers would be faster, but I did a search and on another mmo they are saying US is faster for me.

So can anyone clear this up for me, would it be better/faster for me on US or EU servers?

I was hoping it was EU because most of them don't have many people yet. The 'unoffical' Australian server is apparently Harbinger, which is full at the moment.

Hi guys,

Thought i'd post something instead of complaining i'm not in yet. As it's not going to help me get in any faster.

I am one of the people in Australia who preordered. And for some reason I was assuming EU servers would be faster, but I did a search and on another mmo they are saying US is faster for me.

So can anyone clear this up for me, would it be better/faster for me on US or EU servers?

I was hoping it was EU because most of them don't have many people yet. The 'unoffical' Australian server is apparently Harbinger, which is full at the moment.

Play with the Americans! We like your accent when we hear you guys on vent!

Hi guys,

I heard Swiftsure was an unoffical Aussie server (US-West Coast) from other Aussie players.

How did that happen?

How did what happen? Me being Australian? :)

Play with the Americans! We like your accent when we hear you guys on vent!

hahahaha I don't talk like crocodile dundee though "Gday mate, you think that's a knife!"

Aussies are nice, you're welcome in European servers.

I heard Swiftsure was an unoffical Aussie server (US-West Coast) from other Aussie players.

I read that on a site, but trying to post it, it keeps changing the address to swtor.com

***!

Edited by thebensonmethod

Hi guys,

Well think, geographically, the west coast of the united states is closer to Australia than Europe, and being that their servers for Europe are hosted in Ireland, you're definitely better off with the West coast American servers. Seems to be really high pop on the English speaking European servers as well.

Proposed PvE servers for Aussies are "The Harbinger" and "The Jekk'Jekk Tarr" with guilds split across both (follows on from a call yesterday between major Aussie guild leaders). Details can be found on TorOz.com site if you wish.

Similarly, PvP server of choice is "The Swiftsure"

Is there any way we can ping servers individually to check them?

edit: oops I had a list earlier but can no longer find it. I live in maryland and pinged my server of choice had ~5 ms response time, pretty stoked. If i happen to come across it ill update

Edited by iscis

I am happy to suffer long Q's to not be on a server that sounds too much like Jar Jar Binks...

Anyone remembere the old starwars RTS? You could make your own maps and populate it. So i made a flat map with every inch covered with Jar Jar's...and gave my self Darth Vader and General Veers in an AT-AT....ah...the screams were music....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.