Veteran Reward System

JTShadow

With the advent of this "Founders" title I see we're getting, it made me realize that there should be some kind of veteran reward system implemented to try to reward as many players as possible and encourage users to keep their accounts. The first game I saw to implement this was City of Heroes/Villains but I know Cryptic Studios does it as well, along with most of Sony's games. I think it would be a nice way of rewarding loyal players. I know its asking a lot, especially with the Legacy system being worked on, but I do believe it should be something that should be looked into.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe add a part to the Legacy System or a Title for milestones in account activity.

3 months - pet

6 months - mount

1 year - title

2 year - mount

Ect. It would convince at least some people to leave their account active even if they don't plan on playing much for a month or two. Sometimes those people just "forget" to come back...

Also, it makes me feel good to be recognized after having subbed for so long. I don't have much to show for my 5 year WoW subscription... except maybe the achievements for WoW anniversaries. But I could have just logged in those days and gotten it, then cancelled my account again.

A veteran rewards system would be great. EQ2 has a pretty decent one in place and Aion put one in that rewarded players every month. Now i don't know if they still have it, but they gave out some pretty nice items.

i will +1

• 3 months later...
Maybe add a part to the Legacy System or a Title for milestones in account activity.

3 months - pet

6 months - mount

1 year - title

2 year - mount

Ect. It would convince at least some people to leave their account active even if they don't plan on playing much for a month or two. Sometimes those people just "forget" to come back...

Also, it makes me feel good to be recognized after having subbed for so long. I don't have much to show for my 5 year WoW subscription... except maybe the achievements for WoW anniversaries. But I could have just logged in those days and gotten it, then cancelled my account again.

I think possible better familiar Star Wars Galaxies Veteran Reward.

Problem with Vet rewards is that it leads to vet elitism sometimes. People think that because they have X title or Y mounts, they think they know better. I've seen it happen a few times in CoH. A nice way to let your players know you value them, but as the Legacy promotion has shown us, people already have a high opinion of themselves already.

Problem with Vet rewards is that it leads to vet elitism sometimes. People think that because they have X title or Y mounts, they think they know better. I've seen it happen a few times in CoH. A nice way to let your players know you value them, but as the Legacy promotion has shown us, people already have a high opinion of themselves already.

Elitism will happen any where, without any logical reason for it at all, why should you let some bottom feeder control the game's content. Somebody being an elitist? /ignore, oh look problem solved! :D

Any ways the logical system for a vet reward wouldn't reward anything game breaking, aka it would be like the CE vendor but is free and is given over time.

We had this in Star Wars Galaxies. You got an item every 3 months. Alot of the items were decoration items only but later on you could get some nice items.

Link to the, for example http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Player_reward

Also if you say had a 9 month reward, you could also choose rewards from previous veteren rewards, 3 or 6 months etc. A few items were 1 only but most you could get any amount.

Would love this item ingame, as if i am on Ilum and a guild member needs help on Coruscant, there should be a way for me to get to them quicker:

The Flight of the Veteran is a Tradable 78 Month Player Reward.

It allows a player to travel to someone with whom he/she's grouped.

Restrictions:

It has a six-hour timer before it may be used again

Will not work if you try to go to Tansarii Point Station

Will not allow a travel to Mustafar or Kashyyyk

Will not allow travel to a group member within a structure.

Will not allow travel to space.

Edited by Ziso

Personally I don't care much one way or the other. Was a long time vet in CoH and CO, got plenty of the rewards.

However vet rewards always leads to increased whining on the boards by the people who don't get those rewards, the nicer the reward the more flames.

But if you don't offer something half way decent then those who get it complain about not getting anything good.