When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our guild is/was the big on that server (Repubblic Side) with even 40 online.

Now 10 is a very good number.

Game start to be unplayable.

at 23.00 on repubblica side there are 58 players online from lev 1 to 50 .........

While I agree the server needs alot of help (aka merger or transfers opening up), your guild (Pillars of the Force) was part of the problem Republic side;

auto-invite anyone making a character on the server and then subsequently ditching any commitment towards your members, leading to what your own deserters describe as "Barrens Chat v. 2.0" in guild chat. Of course people quit.

On the bright side Aurora just cleared 10/10 Nightmare Republic side and is still going strong.

Actually, at about 3 in the morning (on Belsavus) I was wondering about numbers (being the *only* player on the planet - so I did a "/who" - got just me (unsurprisingly) - then I blanked out the search field and tried again....

It showed me the first 100 on line - at 3 am - with me being the *only* person on Belsavus doing the dailies.

I think that you might be surprised at the actual number of players on your server.

Rift had quite a nifty little feature when they introduced server transfers. Im not sure if its already been mentioned or suggested but they had a feature where you could move with your guild to a selected server, as well as bringing your alts ect across.

With something like this it would allow those people that are "Semi-active" to follow guildies and also those that are playing to stick together.

Either way I'm hoping with the launch in Asia and Australia that they announce something to do with transfers. Hopefully after they've used their system which is already in place to transfer specific country of origin players to the new servers they will be able to offer it to low population servers.

I just feel like some servers are completely empty, on my server there is only about 633 active players with a 1.06 sith to every 1 rep player which im not complaining i just feel like the player base is extremely thin and spread out over a vast amount of servers. Even while leveling trying to find groups to do things was so hard because there was no one ever really on the planets especially when u got up 2 the higher planets. Now my data is not 100 percent accurate about my server just went to each planet for about a week and counted the amount players on about every 4 hours on sith planets as well as rep planets besides ilum and took the avg. So i suggest mabye merging some servers based on the avg population on to make a better player base, and also not waiting like 20 mins for a wz (mabye exaggerating here).

I tried rolling on high pop server but hate doing it all over again coz it's such a chore and I don't find it fun.

I will wait 2 more weeks just coz my sub is active. If char transfer or server merge remains as it is today, not even an idea, I will unsubscribe. There is no reason for me to pay something which I don't use.

I tried rolling on high pop server but hate doing it all over again coz it's such a chore and I don't find it fun.

I will wait 2 more weeks just coz my sub is active. If char transfer or server merge remains as it is today, not even an idea, I will unsubscribe. There is no reason for me to pay something which I don't use.

agreed.. :(

Rift had quite a nifty little feature when they introduced server transfers. Im not sure if its already been mentioned or suggested but they had a feature where you could move with your guild to a selected server, as well as bringing your alts ect across.

With something like this it would allow those people that are "Semi-active" to follow guildies and also those that are playing to stick together.

Either way I'm hoping with the launch in Asia and Australia that they announce something to do with transfers. Hopefully after they've used their system which is already in place to transfer specific country of origin players to the new servers they will be able to offer it to low population servers.

Rift did it very, very well.

Seeing as my thread got closed ill just copy paste my post here.

"Seriously there are way too much servers out there that are labeled as "light" when they should be labeled "Empty" for example server: "Goluud Corridor"

At any given hour every planet has less than 10 people on it (empire side) and the imperial fleet max 25.

Getting groups for heroics, dailies, flashpoints and or ops is seriously impossible.

And please do not give us the reroll ********, as people on this server invested enough time in their character or even have multiple characters which then would have been for nothing.

Offer character transfers from overpopulated servers to underpopulated ones or merge servers together already.

Bioware you are taking a lot of money from people.. the least you can do is make it worth paying.. because right now we aren't getting the maximum out of our gameplay...."

"Standard means nothing, it's more than enough people!"

No it's not. Standard means 30 on republic fleet. It is not enough, and certainly not for prime time.

There are no EU queues anymore, no servers have been on "Full" since the first patch. At that time, one or two servers were on Full, but still no queue. Now I only see Heavy on occasions (Red Eclipse and Tomb of FN). The rest of the servers are quite roomy and rarely/never go above Standard. While a few people might prefer it this way even tho it's an "MMO", it seems like very few servers on EU have what is generally considered a healthy population.

Watching the US list pretty late last night (which should be prime time in the US) the situation is even worse there, not one single server was on Heavy, and most were Light.

Again, the list is available to anybody at any time, you don't need the game to see it. No point in making things up here, it won't get you anywhere.

And no, transfers will still not solve anything, what would happen with the few remaining players?

Edited by Dash_Fiss

I look forward to this being a recurring thread.

The US side needs about 30% of their servers shut down. It's not tragic. That would still mean we'd have 90 serving the gaming community.

Still successful, lot of subs. Right now the 1 to 1.5 mil is spread way too thin.

The real issue is that the population imbalance vastly amplifies the low population problem. I strongly suspect that most people that say "my server is fine" are either playing Empire or are Rep on a RP-PVE server, and most of those that say "my server is a ghost town" are playing Republic or are Imp on a RP server.

From a purely game-mechanical perspective, the only "downside" to playing the overpopulated faction is the high proportion of huttball games, and slightly more competition for resource nodes on the non-shared worlds.

From my perspective, I really can't stand playing Empire because of its' moral stances -- I've tried, and it just isn't for me. "But you can play a Light Side Imperial", you say -- well, you can make a few light side decisions, but by and large, you're doing evil things. In WoW I was generally happy to play either side, because, despite the presence of some raving genocidal maniacs on either side, by and large neither side was Evil, certainly not in the clear-cut way that the Sith Empire is.

So, if the imbalance, and the resulting low Republic population issue, is not addressed fairly soon, I really can't see myself continuing to play this game much past April or so. I don't know, I've been playing MMO's since 1998, maybe I've finally gotten too old for them.

I strongly suspect that most people that say "my server is fine" are either playing Empire or are Rep on a RP-PVE server, and most of those that say "my server is a ghost town" are playing Republic or are Imp on a RP server.

My server is a Ghost Town, and i play Empire side on a PVE server, you'r suspicions are invalid. I don't even get how you came to this conclusion... Al sorts of servers have population problems be it RP, PVP, PVE or RP-PVE servers

Edited by Tsukimara

every server on EU is atleast standard on prime time.. and alot of servers are heavy/full so you must be US?

Haha really? Lol, go and look at EU servers now. THERE IS NO HIGH POPULATED SERVER CURRENTLY!

This means :

- People are quitting SWTOR.

- Bioware has to activate server migration module.

- Bioware has to merge servers.

Otherwise :

- This game will be free after a year coz of lacking people to play it..

My server is a Ghost Town, and i play Empire side on a PVE server, you'r suspicions are invalid. I don't even get how you came to this conclusion... Al sorts of servers have population problems be it RP, PVP, PVE or RP-PVE servers

Same here.

My server is Senator Contisplex and it is like a ghost town..

Imperial fleet's population was 2 today. ( And yes, me is included ! )

You cannot do PVP or PVE..

It is like a single-player game..

While I agree the server needs alot of help (aka merger or transfers opening up), your guild (Pillars of the Force) was part of the problem Republic side;

auto-invite anyone making a character on the server and then subsequently ditching any commitment towards your members, leading to what your own deserters describe as "Barrens Chat v. 2.0" in guild chat. Of course people quit.

On the bright side Aurora just cleared 10/10 Nightmare Republic side and is still going strong.

Do you really think ?

maybe because we are doing pvp for 90% of the time and using a ts server ?

In any case The Server si dead

Seems that the server merge people just can't accept the fact that EA and BW are in no hurry to create a public image disaster by merging servers in an very early stage of the game's life, making it in the eyes of the media and gamers alike a failure and setting it on a downward spiral.

Certainly BW opened too many servers in NA in retrospect, but let's remember that more servers were demanded by folks on the forums to get rid of queus. Nothing is ever right to some people, and opening or closing servers is to them a thing of little importance, that to them has no effect on the game beyond them getting what they themselves want.

Look at the bigger picture. The game has potential to fill the current number of servers. More marketing, updates are needed to keep the current players, lure some back and gain new players. Server mergers would only help to keep part of the current base of players and would indeed drive some of them off, they wouldn't bring people back or help to get new players.

Edited by Rouge

Seems that the server merge people just can't accept the fact that EA and BW are in no hurry to create a public image disaster by merging servers in an very early stage of the game's life, making it in the eyes of the media and gamers alike a failure and setting it on a downward spiral.

Game is going to fall down soon. Either way it is gonna happen.. For instance, i will leave when my subscruption ends.. Because i dont want wondering around myself lonely..

Ilum, i was alone in Ilum for hours! I gathered all items and grinded my pvp gear.. How challanging is this right.. :/

Bye bye Swtor.

It was fine, but not anymore..

Edited by Erenus

Game is going to fall down soon. Either way it is gonna happen.. For instance, i will leave when my subscruption ends.. Because i dont want wondering around myself lonely..

Ilum, i was alone in Ilum for hours! I gathered all items and grinded my pvp gear.. How challanging is this right.. :/

Bye bye Swtor.

It was fine, but not anymore..

Poster above you is correct. I don't know how much you followed this game before launch, but devs said there would not be any cross server tools because it destroys community, and yet now they are probably going to add it, at least for WZs if not for FPs/ops. They're doing this because they know they made a mistake with too many servers with too small of pop caps, and many servers are ghost towns.

They're not going to have server mergers until AT LEAST the 7 month mark (free month +6 month subs) because it is terrible PR. I've yet to see a game where server mergers helped stop a game from tanking. Maybe all the others waited too long...IDK, but I'd bet real money server mergers won't happen any time soon, regardless of how much the pop drops.