Am I the only one? Seriously?

Meiu

I rarely complain about this game as I like the direction it is going, however, there is one issue that is generally frustrating for me as a player. I use an alternate key configuration that utilizes the \ key extensively for ease of use. The issue is this key ( \ ) is bound to send bug report and has no option to disable or rebind the key to something else.

All I am asking for, or at least suggesting, is for sometime in the near future to give the option to bind \ to something else so that I may use it instead of accidentally hitting it in PvP or PvE and become stuck trying to navigate the double popping up menus with the confirmation dialogue. I hope this is a reasonable request and not something that is drastic and not able to be implemented. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would like to know if I will be needing to permanently alter my key configuration if the \ key has no plans to be altered.

Anyone else have this issue?

Well I am happy I am not the only one. This is very frustrating to me, not to the point I would quit, or even remotely close. It is just annoying not knowing if they are going to change this anytime soon. I would like to know to be able to adapt to another key setup so I can stop hoping lol.

It's possibly one of the most annoying things, aside from ability delay, that will kill me.

Like when I see some imps taking a point in Alderaan, I have to quickly type "INC RIGHT!" but instead I hit \, and what's this? An operative? Oh he's killing me? Hang on Mr. Operative, lemme get outta these windows so I can hit my "Get outta a sticky situation button". Whoops, nm, you killed me. Jerk.

Well, the official response so far is that they intended for that key to be hard-bound and do not have any current plans to change it.

Now that makes me a sad Sith :(

Anyone know if you can go into the actual files of the game and rewrite some stuff like you had to do with Rift to use the Del key for binds?

Edited by Meiu

I hate it as well, whats worse is not only does the stupid ticket system not work. Thank you automated bot telling my me problem is being looked at, never to be responded to... ever.

But I am required to click a thousand times before getting back to the game. First I have to close the ticket, then say "yes I am closing the ticket" then when I close the ticket, I STILL have to unclick the window displaying previous tickets. I mean seriously its like some trolls got into Bioware and were like:

"Hey you know what sounds like a great idea? Bind our useless ticket system to a key that you can't unbind it from, that is close to the enter button and backspace button, and requires multiple clicks to get out of."

There were plenty of threads about it and apparantly "We are listening to the community, we are listening to what you want guys" is bullcrap.

We want \ keybind gone. And we asked for it many times. I hit it by accident at least a couple of times a day.

Who needs a Customer Service keybind? Just tell me... who? Is it something you have to use quickly?

Haha... the idea of it makes me laugh. To save up what, 1-2 seconds before starting the ticket? Just so you can wait 3+ days for a response, obviously.

Should I fill in a ticket every time I accidentally press the button? All my tickets will be about changing that keybind, I suppose.

If this is "working as intended" then you obviously don't know what real keybinds are intended for.

God forbid someone isn't quick enough in making a ticket, those damn clickers, right? Who cares if thousands of people would like to use that particular key for something 1000 less useful like Tenacity or agro drop abilities.