Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Who wins in 1v1 Sentinel Vs Sage/sorc?

Darth_Dynas

I consider myself a very good sage, but I have a sentinel friend in the guild who always wins me in 1v1.

That's when you realize that sages aren't OP at all, when two people who're good at the game and have about the same gear fight in a 1v1.

Your argument fails where you ask us to assume you and your friend are good. You will get Nerfed, so enjoy the good times while they last. And don't re-roll to a new FOTM because you will have squandered all that valor you grinded. That would be such a shame.

Edited by Ravenolf

Maybe it's different. Can you please tell me what level sentinel and what level sage/sorc you play when posting?

Also if i'm doing something wrong give me some advise. Because I have tried just about everything. If I go up against a (i think it's dps sorc, the one that can area push and stun in place) I'm beaten every time.

No matter what I do to them. Maybe If I could magically get my zen up fast enough but that isn't an option for a few more levels.

You haven't really given me enough information here.

what do you mean?

I'm rank 40 - sentinel - watchman.

I jump in or walk in and user saber overload, then zealious for focus and try to cauterize. By then they have already stunned me, pushed me back and froze me in place and i'm not cut through their armor yet.

what info you need?

what do you mean?

I'm rank 40 - sentinel - watchman.

I jump in or walk in and user saber overload, then zealious for focus and try to cauterize. By then they have already stunned me, pushed me back and froze me in place and i'm not cut through their armor yet.

what info you need?

K so full champion gear?

K so full champion gear?

you can't have full champion gear at those ranks or any of it right?

My sage is about close to same level.

So are people saying that republic animation causes that much of a difference in pvp!?

I do notice that when i leap allot of times i don't get the focus and end up stunned soon as i land. Then I 've got no focus and cd on my leap is ticking away.

Is this a bug and people are exloiting it?

Sent/Mara easily if they have cooldowns.

again - please post your levels of your sent and/or sorc.

I run into this countless times with all my cool downs which i think i posted. I've even gone in with the stims and relics flar'n. The only time I rock them is if I happen to have my zen up, and even then.

I JUST now got finished with a match and ran into a levle 33 sorc. I had about half my life left and they had about 10% left. I jumped in and nailed that mofo with everything i had before their team mates ganked me. I couldn't even touch that 10% before i went down and I got a good 5 button presses including my cauterize.

Your argument fails where you ask us to assume you and your friend are good. You will get Nerfed, so enjoy the good times while they last. And don't re-roll to a new FOTM because you will have squandered all that valor you grinded. That would be such a shame.

Yes, definetily.

You're the typical baddy who gets killed by everything and is happy when someone is nerfed because he thinks that will give him more chances to get kills in warzones without realizing that his kills will remain the same because he will still be bad.

Edited by Spaznik

what ever i see happenign is when they pushback they actually lock you in place with lightning. Every time.

but not just hutball . i'm saying in any match anywhere any time. hehe ;)

as I said, I play a sage too - even without that little freeze in place on pushack. i have never lost in 1v1 to any sentinel. Ever.

Use your Watchman / Annialation tree... Put bleeds on them... Spec your leap for 0 meters... reduce leap cool down... decrease interupt cool downs. Leap slow, bleed, build centering /rage charges until you can flip your bleed auto crit on... interupt them like mad... and with out backup most sorc will die. Well played ones can counter you... but its no one sided match either way. Edited by Husanak

Rank 73 Sage, Port Nowhere. Assuming equal gear and skill, with all abilities available the Sentinel wins every time. No equivocating required. Without cool-downs then its a closer fight but the Sentinel still has the clear advantage. Edited by Ryvn

I'm playing a 650+ expertise battlemaster sorc , i know what i'm talking about

No - your opinion is skewed. You are a sorc.

That being said you are also in geared and at level 50. So maybe things are different. I have heard sentinels are very gear sensitive.

Either way though - I would expect a sorc/sage player to give the up to sentinels.

I play both. Perhaps I'm just going up against dumb sentinels, but as i said - I destroy them anytime I fight them. also note I spend 0 time gearing my sage. I have crafted a few things, but other then that i haven't even done the story for that gear. If I cant purchase it from the pvp vendor.. i dont' bother.

You could be right though - i'll wait until end game. I do seriously (just like anyone else playing a sentinel) think they need something to even it up.

They need harder hitting, and a passive or actived skill that makes them harder to stun, slow so on. at least slow.

Edited by Darth_Dynas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.