All races have the same body?

Taurusaud

But don't you see that all the races they chose to implement were only chosen because it was cheap and easy to do so...

There are soooooooo many cool aliens species in Star Wars lore (you can check em out here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Essential_Guide_to_Alien_Species), and instead of choosing from them Bioware invented their own races that could utilize the human models... I mean who wants to play as a "Mirakula" (blind human...) this race never existed in anything Star Wars before and was invented purely for convenience...

Officially they were probably chosen because of their racial affinity to either side and because they wanted romance in the game and didn't want any creepy furry/tentacle thing going on.

No, you can not use this argument here. WoW at release had 8 playable races with different body models. Some drastically so.

Huh? I only remember being able to chosse between a human he-man and a female model, when going with a human.

Edited by ChipHazard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially they were probably chosen because of their racial affinity to either side and because they wanted romance in the game and didn't want any creepy furry/tentacle thing going on.

As a female trooper, my love interests range from a super-sized cat to a male weequay that looks like he crawled out of a conch shell.

So this can't be the case.

But don't you see that all the races they chose to implement were only chosen because it was cheap and easy to do so...

There are soooooooo many cool aliens species in Star Wars lore (you can check em out here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Essential_Guide_to_Alien_Species), and instead of choosing from them Bioware invented their own races that could utilize the human models... I mean who wants to play as a "Mirakula" (blind human...) this race never existed in anything Star Wars before and was invented purely for convenience...

Or perhaps they put MiraLUKA in the game for people who liked Visas Marr, what with this being the sequel to the KotOR games.

How come all the races have the exact same 4 body models? They all look exactly the same! A human, a human with a blindfold, a human with red sh*t on his face... did they cut corners with this or what?!

This is supposed to be Star Wars! I wanna play as an alien or a droid!!

Instead I gotta choose between a human, a blue human, or a green human... etc...

Wait... the free month is up... When did oyu buy this game? O_O

Anyways...

Agreed. >_>

Not only are all the models the same, but there doesn't appear to be a model for male/female children... therefore a female child simply has a scaled down adult female body... I don't think I need to explain why this is strange (there's a mission on Coruscant involving a female child and let's just say she doesn't look like a child developmentally).

Huh? I only remember being able to chosse between a human he-man and a female model, when going with a human.

or an elf, a zombie, a minotaur, a dwarf, a werewolf, a goblin, a sexier elf, a gnome, an orc, even a troll.

Wait, are you saying the Mirakula were created by BW? I'm pretty sure that's not true. I'm fairly certain the baddie in the first Jedi Knight game, Jerec, was a Mirakula and I think that pre-dates KOTOR.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerec

Edited by HanzoV

or an elf, a zombie, a minotaur, a dwarf, a werewolf, a goblin, a sexier elf, a gnome, an orc, even a troll.

Those aren't what I would call body types. They are races. Each one only has two preset body types. No super fat gnome or skinny orc.

To answer if it was a lazy move on Bioware's part? Yes it probably was, certainly a lot more convenient overall.

Edited by ChipHazard

How come all the races have the exact same 4 body models? They all look exactly the same! A human, a human with a blindfold, a human with red sh*t on his face... did they cut corners with this or what?!

This is supposed to be Star Wars! I wanna play as an alien or a droid!! Instead I gotta choose between a human, a blue human, or a green human... etc... There are soooooooo many cool aliens species in Star Wars lore (you can check em out here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_E..._Alien_Species), and instead of choosing from them Bioware invented their own races that could utilize the human models... I mean who wants to play as a "Mirakula" (blind human...) this race never existed in anything Star Wars before and was invented purely for convenience...

I agree with you. But...cause there's always a but... My friend Sorcerer pure blood is a little bit taller than my Chiss IA and we have the same body type (type #2)

I'm really hoping we get more "real" Star Wars races instead of just skittle colored humans. Oh, and lolborgs, because that's totally a real race.

If Bioware is wondering what counts as a Star Wars race... if its in the cantina or jabba's palace. Aside from Twileks and Zabraks, none of these dorks even appeared in Star Wars.

Not only are all the models the same, but there doesn't appear to be a model for male/female children... therefore a female child simply has a scaled down adult female body... I don't think I need to explain why this is strange (there's a mission on Coruscant involving a female child and let's just say she doesn't look like a child developmentally).
To be fair, they did at least go with scaling down the body type with the least pronounced secondary sexual characteristics. And it lets them have more variation in their children than 3 boys, 5 girls... err, 4 boys, 4 girls; the blood elves always confuse me. :p

I'm really hoping we get more "real" Star Wars races instead of just skittle colored humans. Oh, and lolborgs, because that's totally a real race.

If Bioware is wondering what counts as a Star Wars race... if its in the cantina or jabba's palace. Aside from Twileks and Zabraks, none of these dorks even appeared in Star Wars.

I WOULD like to play as a Shistavanen...

This is supposed to be Star Wars! I wanna play as an alien or a droid!! Instead I gotta choose between a human, a blue human, or a green human... etc... There are soooooooo many cool aliens species in Star Wars lore (you can check em out here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_E..._Alien_Species), and instead of choosing from them Bioware invented their own races that could utilize the human models... I mean who wants to play as a "Mirakula" (blind human...) this race never existed in anything Star Wars before and was invented purely for convenience...

Please watch the movies before posting.

Thanks.

I would be INFINITE happy if I could play a dug. Bonus points if it could be a JEDI DUG.

Make fun of me all you want, but a jedi dug has so many cool points:

http://worldsaga.net/gallery/newart/lirec2011

Alas, if only.

Actually, with the races we have now, I'll just be happy if we get Wookiee or Trandoshan. I was pretty disappointed with the choices, especially the miraluka or whatever the hell they're called. I'd look it up, but they're too stupid a concept to bother. If we're going to have Humans with Blindfolds, at least give me the choice to take the blindfold off completely so I can actually tell I'm not just playing a human with a blindfold.

I think they went with all human-like species because none of their voices have to be translated. But honestly, every race that speaks, with the exception of a few, make the same sounds as English, so they should be able to speak the common language, according to logic.

Its funny, because I'm not the one making a post about an IP where 97% of its races are only different in the head.

Did you watch the movies?

Yes and they are not at all. Did you see all the cool aliens in Jabba's lair? Not one of them was human or even looked human... or what about the "it's a trap!" guy... or any of the aliens at the bar when they're meeting Han Solo...