Gettin my new gaming pc in afew days! Cant wait to play this game!!!!!!

Dmartelli

Hi, i ordered the gamer scorpius 8000, but i made some changes to it. heres the stats:

Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

I upgraded to the 650 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: TRX-650M

And they were offering the 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD for the hard drive but im not really interested in solidstates at the moment, i want alot of space so i changed to it 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

and this machine comes with a mouse, speakers, and keyboard so i ordered:

22" Widescreen 1680x1050 TFT Active Matrix LCD Display

Because i want to set this baby up and start downloading ToR the second the ups guy leaves my porch lmao.

Ha I remember that feeling :) It's going to a blast my friend!

I should add that there is a newcomers forum though ;)

How exciting is it when your new machine shows up and your removing it from the box? lol

and i wanted to share this excitement and joy with you guys, the general gaming community :D

How exciting is it when your new machine shows up and your removing it from the box? lol

only to be trumped by disapointment when you get to ilum and try to pvp with more then 1 person.

Edited by Silanah

Hi, i ordered the gamer scorpius 8000, but i made some changes to it. heres the stats:

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

I upgraded to the 650 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: TRX-650M

And they were offering the 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD for the hard drive but im not really interested in solidstates at the moment, i want alot of space so i changed to it 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Because i want to set this baby up and start downloading ToR the second the ups guy leaves my porch lmao.

Very good indeed! I already having a gaming PC but its starting to show its age, so sometime this year am gonna upgrade it more. However, this game is very good, it still has some FPS issues, so even on a hardcore mechine like yours, it will still run very slow in places. It doesn't mean you PC is terrible. Just means the game still needs patching. I suggest you bang Crysis and Metro 2033 to really test your mechine :)!

Im gonna be puttin that rig to work, i think itll be able to handle the newest games at max settings, plus isnt SwtoR offering high resolution settings soon?

It is, and does already in cut scenes, so your rig will get a workout with SWTOR, because unlike other game genres, MMO's utilize the entire comptuer to the max, not just the graphics card like FPS. The main reason people have issues with this game is because parts of their system are sub-standard, which drowns out the better parts of their computer.

Curious. Which one did you order? I was looking at a new rig on there as well. Too lazy to build my own. ;)

Laziness can be expensive, i built my rig for about 700 bucks.

AMD phenom black 2.6 ghz 6 core

8 Gig ddr3 1800 ram

250GB HD

Radeon 6850 HD 1 gig video

(i know this vid card has some issues with this game, but if you max the settings you will be fine, dont know why you wouldnt have the settings on max as it can handle it and much more)

everything else was 100 bucks or less

i downloaded this game and my pc just wasnt up to par to play it right, so i ordered a nice new machine from cyberpower and its on the way, i can not wait to jump into this game and follow the light side of the force!!

Not building a pc. Why?

Anyway, I suggest that you also try STO and AoC, both of those games have more features.

AoC manages to have a better looking environment, but slightly worse character models.

However the textures are not blurry.

Both of them have appearance tabs and working graphical settings like AA and AF.

Both STO and AoC are free to play, AoC is good but STO is amazing so far.

I hope the new Pc you got was not overly costly and decant. Have fun plying TOR, I enjoyed my first 120+ hours but I doubt Ill be coming back.

Maybe you will enjoy the game more than I did.

Good luck!

Laziness can be expensive, i built my rig for about 700 bucks.

AMD phenom black 2.6 ghz 6 core

8 Gig ddr3 1800 ram

250GB HD

Radeon 6850 HD 1 gig video

(i know this vid card has some issues with this game, but if you max the settings you will be fine, dont know why you wouldnt have the settings on max as it can handle it and much more)

everything else was 100 bucks or less

I did the same for a bout $900, I went with an intel 2500 and ssd and a 6950. Building your own is maybe an extra hour or so, much more economical these days.

To the OP, this game runs like crap because of the game engine, it's not coded optimally, there is no reason I should lag at all on my machine yet I still do in Fleet and Illum.

That is almost exactly the same build i went with, yours is a little more expensive than mine, but i shopped and built it myself. Cyber power thanks you ;)

I remember the day I got mine through UPS. like a kid in a candy store when it finally came haha. IMO tor is an amazing game! theres a ton of people that think otherwise but the game is still in a very early stage and is super successful thus far (I think). and is by far my favorite online game to this day. I hope you have fun with the new rig and of course TOR!

I remember the day I got mine through UPS. like a kid in a candy store when it finally came haha. IMO tor is an amazing game! theres a ton of people that think otherwise but the game is still in a very early stage and is super successful thus far (I think). and is by far my favorite online game to this day. I hope you have fun with the new rig and of course TOR!

Yup, and people need to realize that it took WoW almost 4 years to gain it's popularity, because Vanilla WoW was pretty craptastic and had very few players. It wasn't until Burning Crusade came out that the subs actually got above 500,000.

Cyberpower is a decent choice when you don't feel comfortable building your own pc. The social media manager for their sales team is someone I'm good friends with though, so I may have a slightly biased opinion of them.

I still prefer to build my own though. There is a lot of money to be saved if you can build it yourself, and you get a lot more control over the brand names for each part that goes into the rig. My only complaint with Cyberpower is you don't always get the most appropriate motherboard, video card, or hard drive for really good overclocking. Instead you tend to get the high end models from budget brands, which are fine because they meet all the same specifications as the same part from a competitive major brand, however the ability to overclock is typically much safer and easy to do with the major brands that you typically don't see in a rig build by a company like Cyberpower.

Yup, and people need to realize that it took WoW almost 4 years to gain it's popularity, because Vanilla WoW was pretty craptastic and had very few players. It wasn't until Burning Crusade came out that the subs actually got above 500,000.

My favorite is that they act like wow never had significant bugs. For a while you could forget about raiding some nights due to server stability... and then with every update it took a couple days for the servers to stabilize.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Heres the way i look at ToR...

I am a HUGE starwars fan, a HUGE mass effect fan, and a HUGE wow fan. You merge those games into a beautiful cocktail of awesomeness and you get SWtoR and then you have me blowing money on a new rig to play it haha. But i had been meaning to get a new pc anyways ive been wanting to make to transition from console gaming to pc gaming for quite some time now. But the day i get the rig cant come sooner! time is inching by and when it gets here im gonna jump in the air and kick my shoes off in a fit of joy haha