[Hard Mode] [Heroics] -- To Add More Variety to Daily L50 Missions

AeonWeapon

I just had an idea to add more variety to the daily missions we do for daily commendations at level 50. This is an idea to give us more options, to vary the daily experience, in a way that would limit the work Bioware would have to do. Tell me what you guys in the community think about this.

At level 50, after you unlock all the daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis, level 50 [Hard] versions of the repeatable [Heroics] on all the other planets could become available. The devs already have these missions as repeatable, but there's currently no reason for a level 50 to repeat them.

They can take all the indoor heroics on every planet (the instanced ones with a door that turns green after you take the mission), and make a level 50 version of it, just buffing the enemies in the mission up to level 50. When you accept the mission from the mission giver or mission terminal, you can be given the option to take normal or hard version of the Heroic mission, then when you enter the mission entrance, the level 50 version of the mission instance is loaded. When you complete these missions, you are awarded with daily commendations, and maybe some different items for the harder ones than you are given on the other planets. All this could be done with just 3 tweaks to existing missions: level up the mobs, add an option to the mission giver, change the mission reward.

Now I know, one concern we would have to have is that some people with alot of time to play would grind out the daily missions on every planet and get like 100+ commendations. I thought of this, and propose a simple solution: You can currently only get 25 daily commendations per day, if you do all the daily missions on Illum and Belsavis. If they follow my idea and make level 50 daily versions of the heroics on all planets, just cap our rewards at 25 commendations. After you get 25 commendations, if you do more of these daily missions, they only award credits, legacy xp, and whatever item rewards are given for the harder ones, but don't give you any more commendations if you already earned 25 that day.

This idea is not to make more daily commendations available each day. The purpose of this idea is to add variety to the daily mission grind. Each day you could decide "ok, I don't want to go to Ilum and Belsavis for my dailies today, I want to visit Corellia and Balmorra and Quesh (for example) for a change of scenery and to do different missions today."

Additional benefits: This would add an extra reason to unlock all the heroics on each planet by doing all the bonus series'. This would also give us reason to revisit all the old planets again and mix up the scenery, and the game experience.

Additional concerns: I know Ilum open world pvp is empty now and you might be worried that if people didnt' have to do the Ilum dailies it would kill them more, but Ilum pvp is dead because it needs to be reorganized and "fixed", and once the designers come up with a better pvp system, people will be there for pvp only, and daily missions will have little impact on that.

If you like this idea, please keep this thread alive so it gets attention from the Devs :)

Edited by AeonWeapon