The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Week 2 of 1.1

Smokey_swtor

What are your thoughts?

As soon as I logged in this morning, I headed out to Ilum to check out the damage.

Needless to say, weekly/daily is not getting done today.

I ran out to the central assault to get an idea of how many people were out there.

Needless to say, I was greeted by AT LEAST 50+ imperials all fighting over the armaments lol...

FAIL..

EDIT: Tarro Blood Server

Edited by Smokey_swtor

It would be fine if they nerfed the quests to 10kills/50kills.

I dont really agree with this, I enjoy the battles we have against each other. The more the merrier!

Just not to enthusiastic about being outnumbered 5:1. Although, this is what lore dictates about the star wars galaxy.

I lov my pvp and I love a good fight. I just wish I could experience it on the level in which it should be. :(

I hate, I mean HATE PvE in a PvP environment.

However, I sadly think that the only short term fix to a long term problem is going to be adding NPC's to the side with less people and capping how many can be in an instance at once.

This 50 on 10 is beyond old, and most people aren't bothering on republic side - that needs to recognized as a MAJOR fail.

I hate, I mean HATE PvE in a PvP environment.

However, I sadly think that the only short term fix to a long term problem is going to be adding NPC's to the side with less people and capping how many can be in an instance at once.

This 50 on 10 is beyond old, and most people aren't bothering on republic side - that needs to recognized as a MAJOR fail.

Well put. Its pretty sad when I gotta log on at 3-4am to get my daily/weekly finished because of simply being outnumbered.

Im about to just say the hell with it and not even bother. Its just not worth it..

Also, I have been queued up for over an hour now and nothing... lol.. /sadface

Edited by Smokey_swtor

Reroll Empire. Honestly I think it might be the easiest way to get Bioware to do something or at least SAY something about that issue. So far mum's the word.

I know everyone is saying reroll Republic, but let's face it, that is not happening. And even if it did, what it does is just dragging out the inevitable and predictable conclusion.

Some of us aren't bothering on the Empire side either, it's really not any fun going to the PvP zone only to end up doing nothing other than trying to hit a republic player before it dies. I'll be back in Ilum when there's PvP and not just farming at the republic base, because that's all it really is when it comes down to it.

The side that has more people not only wins all the time because they have more people they get more valor for doing it because they control the zone . . . my marauder is 46!!! almost time for easymode battlemaster!

Good luck with that buddy. 90% of WZs will be Huttball and your illum dailies will be taking you well over an hour to complete.

Did weekly in 1h30min, got ~30k valor as melee. Worst outdoor pvp zone that I've ever seen in any mmo. Needless to say that valor was gained by controlling Ilum and killing those who got pulled too near of us. The valor gain is out of roof, and you are forced to do this because hey, you get your weekly / daily rewards by doing this.

People keep telling the reps to reroll empire in some silly attempt to be funny. I've just dropped my Operative medic, to reroll a sage. Im gonna be all by myself at 4 or 5 in the morning on weekdays on my non pvp server, looting armaments, and Ill drop by to give you imps a few mercy kills while youre hissing and spitting at eachother battling with the other 50 imps over the armaments you're having to share because there are no reps to kill.

Its a wonderful system.

We need population caps on Illum. We need SOME reason not to roll up on the overpopulated side on a server. There's zero reason right now.

At least if you were population capped in Ilum, it would give a lot of incentive to roll up on the underpopulated side, and throttle the ability of the other faction to zoom ahead in valor ranks while ALSO having more people.

Did my weekly last saturday in about 2 hrs or so. Sure we were outnumbered, but we stayed on the move drawing the imps to us. I am on Death Wind Corridor so maybe the imbalance is not so great there. All in all I enjoyed Ilum. What initially irritated me was the whole camping of the respawn pt. I am all for open world pvp but I think every town/spawn point should be a sanctuary.

My server's not high pop and factions are equal.

I find it nearly impossible to finish this quest daily. I walk into Ilum and there's just not enough people there or one side out numbers the other. Armaments are hard to get.

It's getting to the point where I might just start coordinating kill swapping.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Did my weekly last saturday in about 2 hrs or so. Sure we were outnumbered, but we stayed on the move drawing the imps to us. I am on Death Wind Corridor so maybe the imbalance is not so great there. All in all I enjoyed Ilum. What initially irritated me was the whole camping of the respawn pt. I am all for open world pvp but I think every town/spawn point should be a sanctuary.

That is awesome!! I wish our server was more balanceed.

I enjoy Ilum as well when its not 5:1

We had the central point on lockdown for about 10 mins this morning. Then they bombarded us with like 50 ppl. (Not an exaggerated number)

Then they preceded to head toward our respawn point at the northern taxi. They wiped us up as we were heading back to mid.

By the time I respawned again, they were siting at the bottom of the platform like a bunch of hungry trolls waiting to pick us off again.. /fleet pass

Edited by Smokey_swtor

Before the daily was going to the Battlefield and clicking on stuff while Republic and imps stood around chatting. Now they are trying to kill each, I mean they are actually participating in open world PvP... its a step in the right direction whether you like it or not.

I'm republic and I have enjoyed most of the fights I've had out there. I'm not getting my daily done everyday and I'm not crying about it. You don't need a carrot on a stick to get me to do PvP. In fact, I'm one of the only players that doesn't care about rewards at all, I just wanna have fun.

Before the daily was going to the Battlefield and clicking on stuff while Republic and imps stood around chatting. Now they are trying to kill each, I mean they are actually participating in open world PvP... its a step in the right direction whether you like it or not.

I'm republic and I have enjoyed most of the fights I've had out there. I'm not getting my daily done everyday and I'm not crying about it. You don't need a carrot on a stick to get me to do PvP. In fact, I'm one of the only players that doesn't care about rewards at all, I just wanna have fun.

Congratulations troll. But what the majority of us are NOT having is FUN. Need we say more about being completely outnumbered? By having our base camped by 100 hungry trolls? Was all the screenshots and youtube videos last week not evidence enough?

Step in the right direction? You call being facerolled by 5 times the amount of players you could ever mustard together the right direction? Just cause I chose to play on the faction that is less liked? lol.. whatever..

Im glad your having fun, and im happy for you. Unfortunetely, for the rest of us we are not. Nothing is fun about being outnumbered by an unimaginable number and not being able to compete AT ALL.

And I seriously DO NOT BELIEVE for any amount of money that you DO NOT CARE ABOUT REWARDS. You must be one of the ppl that just get your easymode rewards and dont really think twice about it.

Now, go troll someone elses thread cause this obviously doesnt apply to you.