Combat Medic healing is pathetic in pvp

Hexxin

Pre-50 pvp you cant even keep yourself up for ppl 10 lvls lower than you because you have to stand still to heal and while you stand still your geting hit for more than you even heal for. I can only imagine it gets worse at higer levels. I thought once i got trauma probe it would help, but i soon realized that it heals for 1/2 of what most dots hit for in the game so its useless. Kolto is a bigger joke because it heals for nothing and its an aoe you have to place which means you just took 5k damage while u place a heal that landed for 1k. There is almost nothing about this spec that makes it viable for pvp.

Ahem.

You're doing it wrong.

Utilize line of sight, concussive blast, bacta infusion, amp-mp combos, reactive shield with combat shield, kolto bombs, supercharge amp spam, tech override.

This is before considering guard.

As a parallel question, what is the cd for Bacta Infusion, and what should the cd be with the 4-piece pvp set bonus?

My cd with the 4-piece set bonus is 18s, and I'm not sure if that's working as intended, or if it should be 15s.

I usually don't say things like this but it really sounds like you just need to learn how to play the game, maybe you'll need to stick to solitaire or something...

There's noone that can keep someone alive like a combat medic. We have the best burst heal and our lack of AoE heals actually good because it's dumb to bunch up in PvP (our lack of PvP means we've been compensated with better single target healing). BI is a filler heal not meant to be your be all end all of heals. great for just adding it between MP and healing on the run (it's free and instant... you can't expect it be like 3k of healing can you?)

Make friends with a tank and then giggle as 2 of you tie up 6 people for a few minutes at a time.

If you are in a premade with a tank, you and the tank can tie up half their team with just the two of you. It's awesome.

I'm able to keep myself alive against 3 trying to gank me if I'm in the groove sounds odd I know but hapens like that somtimes. I also use field aid which removes alot of DoT's :) has a very short cool down and can be traited to cost less.

I'm not trying to say I'm amazing in fact I'm pretty sure that I'm mediocre at best 4 medals most WZ's and I regually forget to use my supercharged cells or my relics abiilities.

But on a side note you getting ganked can be good for the team nothing draws out the opposing team than a healer that refuses' to die had one Voidsatar game where managed to stay alive against 4 players long enough to wacth a team member walk though the battle to the doors and plant a bomb :)

It can feel underwhelming when you're the single healer and nobody is peeling/guarding you. With players who use their abilities well though, even single healer can turn the tide.

With 3-4 healers on each side, whole match nobody dies.

So... it can be a bit hard to balance, but your heals are definately designed with group combat in mind (and unfortunately also with expertise factored in).

Apart from what others have suggested, you can also use your kolto bomb as an emergency on the move heal. While runnin/kiting, chuck one down if your insta-heal is down. If speced for it, you'll also receive the bonus to heal received (so chuck bomb before insta or medpacks). Supercharged cell? You'll get another 10% dmg reduction.

It all adds up so u can survive and let your team help you out. Bad team/nobody around? Well then it feels like our heals suck.

Tell people you're healing spec, and go out there and stick to healing, and you're bound to get someone to guard you... keep that person up and you two will LOL at most people that come at you. I've had 3-4 people beating on me before, and like someone else said above, it makes for a great distraction while your partner goes and plants the bomb on the door or takes control of the turret.

This isn't WoW healing for sure... where you just bubble yourself and spam penance every now and then. i.e., you actually can die once in a while. ;)

As a parallel question, what is the cd for Bacta Infusion, and what should the cd be with the 4-piece pvp set bonus?

My cd with the 4-piece set bonus is 18s, and I'm not sure if that's working as intended, or if it should be 15s.

why do you have the feeling you want to look like an idiot?...

When you do have 4 parts of the set, why dont you just drop one part and see for yourself if the cooldown is changing?

To save you a bit of time, the Cooldown without the set is 21 sec. With the set its 18 sec.

If you're playing in pugs, your teammates probably aren't lending you the support you deserve. When matched up with a good squad of players, the combat medic can be quite effective. You may not rack up crazy heal numbers like some of the other classes (though you might) but keep in mind that you can also dish out crazy damage AND respectable heals at the same time.

Might help to assess your gear and your skill tree build as well.

Ahem.

You're doing it wrong.

Utilize line of sight, concussive blast, bacta infusion, amp-mp combos, reactive shield with combat shield, kolto bombs, supercharge amp spam, tech override.

This is before considering guard.

Would you consider "doing it wrong" somewhere along the lines of asking someone who has clearly stated they were pre-50 to use level 50 abilities to "do it right"?

i dont even think that would be physically possible lol, pointing that massive cannon in your face? got a funny mental picture in my head now...

The trick is to pull the trigger with your toes while keeping the balance. And it is actually not your face you point it at.

You may not rack up crazy heal numbers like some of the other classes

Sorcs rack up stupid numbers because they can dmg themself to gain energy, then heal the damage, repeat until the game is over = 75k healing, 150k healing, 2.5k heal, and maybe 5k heal medals. Commandos actually have to heal other people. So, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the numbers on the board.