Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

I only called you a name once and you've flagged me twice.

Stop trying to get the admins to fight your battles for you.

I didn't even call anyone a name. I just said the thread was stupid. Look at what it's degenerated to.

In any event - mission accomplished OP.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Jedi are making friends with Sith there are no way for them to get red crystals.

The sith red crystals are artificial creations that are literal crystallizations of their passion, fear, hate, and emotions.

But you know. That's just what I read on the internet.

They may be artificial sometimes, but that doesn't stop there from a) being natural red crystals, and b) being made without fear and hate. Since Luke made Leia several lightsabers, all using red crystals, I'm guessing he wasn't going dark side just to craft faster.

Unless the Jedi are making friends with Sith there are no way for them to get red crystals.

The sith red crystals are artificial creations that are literal crystallizations of their passion, fear, hate, and emotions.

But you know. That's just what I read on the internet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

There are many naturally occurring red crystals. And Luke's green saber had a synthetic crystal - there's nothing stopping them from making them, and meditating on them to infuse them with lightside goodness.

Edited by TrifKaylon

Ok but...this game is canon.

Video games are only canon if nothing else contradicts them.

just because it goes against how you feel

That's not the argument. How I feel doesn't effect all past and present Star Wars sources in which Jedi using red is rare.

Edited by Spymaster

They did. But red was not common in any of the sources from any times taking place before this game.

They already found the people named the Sith. They attaked the republic and went into hiding again during the years before this game takes place. Sith are already known in the republic

No, they didn't. Again, with more to it this time:

The Sith Order was a sect of Force-sensitives who utilized the dark side of the Force. The term "Sith" originally referred to a species of alien native to the planets Korriban and Ziost, who were later enslaved and ruled by exiled Dark Jedi from the Galactic Republic. These Dark Jedi had once been members of the Jedi Order, a monastic Force religion dedicated to peace through the use of the light side of the Force. The Dark Jedi, who refused to rely exclusively on the light side, challenged the Jedi by giving into the dark and starting the Hundred-Year Darkness. However, they had been defeated and subsequently exiled from known space, which led to their discovery of the Sith species. Following centuries of interbreeding and mixing of cultures between the aliens and the exiles, the Sith would no longer be identified by their race, but by their dedication to the ancient Sith philosophy. This religious order would survive in many different incarnations throughout galactic history. The rise of a new leader, or Dark Lord, would often cause drastic reorganizations in the cult, however the Sith would always be characterized by their lust for power and their desire to destroy the Jedi Order.

When the Jedi were first founded, some people did not agree with the mannerisms and philosophies behind it. They were the DARK JEDI. They fought the Jedi, and lost, and were exiled, at which point they FOUND the Sith. The proof is right there, and like I said, probably in the lore section of this website. There were Dark Jedi who did not become Sith. A lot of them.

The sith red crystals are artificial creations that are literal crystallizations of their passion, fear, hate, and emotions. THE DARKSIDE.

Infact in lore they are MUCH more powerful then normal crystals, and due to their alignment with the Darkside the Jedi Council essentially forbade all Jedi from using them.

So yea. Just lore's view point on it.

Although any color could be made technically, and they were called synth-crystals.

Also they could only be made with the darkside...and yet everyone and their mother can forge crystals on this game. So I guess it a moot point. Clearly everyone is already a sith. Sweet!

That's not the argument. How I feel doens't effect all past and present Star Wars sources in which Jedi using red is rare.

That would be true IF I hadn't listed SEVERAL time-periods when using them wasn't uncommon at all. So...yeah. Your move.

And no, read about Star Wars canon. Everything is Star Wars canon unless it's specifically stated as not canon (even the Holiday Special hasn't been removed from canon). This game is super duper mega canon.

That's not the argument. How I feel doesn't effect all past and present Star Wars sources in which Jedi using red is rare.

And again - maybe in this time period, it's not. There is nothing contradictory about it in the slightest. Jedi can and do use red blades.

Aaaaaaaand again - player characters aren't lore characters. They are just a bunch of individual Jedi knights who are choosing to use red blades because they want to. Again, I don't see a problem.

Can red be the cool color now? Sure I can happen.... but it doesn't fith with anything else in StarWars for that to happen.
It doesn't disagree with anything else in starwars either...

I only called you a name once and you've flagged me twice.

Stop trying to get the admins to fight your battles for you.

don't let people goad you into making personal attacks.

Although any color could be made technically, and they were called synth-crystals.

Also they could only be made with the darkside...and yet everyone and their mother can forge crystals on this game. So I guess it a moot point. Clearly everyone is already a sith. Sweet!

Negatory. Jedi were manufacturing crystals all the time. In fact, they have a manufacturing PLANT for actual sabers at one point. Remember, just because it doesn't exist in what we're used to (movies, Clone Wars, etc.) doesn't mean it didn't used to. A ton of this history is lost by the time we get to what we're familiar with.

That would be true IF I hadn't listed SEVERAL time-periods when using them wasn't uncommon at all. So...yeah. Your move.

And no, read about Star Wars canon. Everything is Star Wars canon unless it's specifically stated as not canon (even the Holiday Special hasn't been removed from canon). This game is super duper mega canon.

Especially considering the fact that it is based on arguably the most influential struggle between both sides of the galaxy in Star Wars history.

Yeah, it's canon. I really don't understand how anyone could say it's not. That's not grasping at straws. That's grasping at air.

Where?

Check my last post. In a lot of the NJO Jedi's are described as having "ruby-red blades", which sounds pretty red to me. In the KOTOR comic anthology (first one) there's a battlefield depiction, and on a few different pages several of the Jedi are running around with red and reddish sabers (verging on pink, almost). So that's pretty red too.

I'm a Republic Jedi and I don't have a red lightsaber, and I have no intention of getting one.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor and I also don't have a red lightsaber, and I have no intention of getting one. :D

Edited by Pythoris

And again - maybe in this time period, it's not.

"Maybe" sure.... that doesn't mean it fits the rest of Star Wars histoy. Maybe they al used rainbow for all we know. That doens't make it lore fitting.

Again.....

My issue isn't that it couldn't have happend.... It's that all these red sabers don't fith with what happens every other time.

It's like saying "maybe in 2013 boys will all wear dresses, and then in 2014 go back to pants"... yeah maybe that will hapopen... but would it actually make sense in comparision to history?

Negatory. Jedi were manufacturing crystals all the time. In fact, they have a manufacturing PLANT for actual sabers at one point. Remember, just because it doesn't exist in what we're used to (movies, Clone Wars, etc.) doesn't mean it didn't used to. A ton of this history is lost by the time we get to what we're familiar with.

Quasi-Negatory. They do indeed start producing their own crystals. I was referring however to this era. The Jedi do not start manufacturing them until the death of sidious and his book of anger was discovered. It detailed the process of how to create them. And even then they only did it because Sidious had essentially every crystal gathering location in the known galaxy destroyed.

I believe Luke and Solo were the first to use and test the synth crystals (Green and Purple respectively)

"Maybe" sure.... that doesn't mean it fits the rest of Star Wars histoy. Maybe they al used rainbow for all we know. That doens't make it lore fitting.

Again.....

My issue isn't that it couldn't have happend.... It's that all these red sabers don't fith with what happens every other time.

It's like saying "maybe in 2013 boys will all wear dresses, and then in 2014 go back to pants"... yeah maybe that will hapopen... but would it actually make sense in comparision to history?

You just went an threw out your own argument. Stuff happens ALL THE TIME that changes how things are and what we perceive. That's called history. This game is the history of what you know as 'normal'. So it's perfectly reasonable to assume stuff is a lot different than you know it. It's like saying..."Oh wow, there are a TON of Jedi in this game. That's not right. In the original Star Wars movies there were only 3 Jedi. I'm not saying there COULDN'T have been more than 3 Jedi at one time, just that it doesn't fit with what these movies have taught me."

Again.....

Well, I'd also like to point out that there's a precedent for this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_gem

So that wouldn't be lore-breaking either.

I think if you're seriously concerned about this, then you're probably just gonna have to deal with it.

I'm long on record as supporting a multitude of colors for Sith and Jedi alike. The more the better.

You know what's funny? Going against the good guy cliche by being dark, gritty, and edgy is now very cliche.

Either that, or this new era of dark and edgy in entertainment has given the human race an excuse to show its true colors: they are selfish piss-ant d-bags who revel in others' misery.

Yes they did. You're cutting out a huge chunck of time between what you posted and this game. For real. Look uyp Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd.

Heck look up Revan.... :eek:

Ok, so we're going with a specific timeframe here now? I didn't know we were specifying one. Still, I did post evidence of Dark Jedi who did not become Sith.

In a lot of the NJO Jedi's are described as having "ruby-red blades", which sounds pretty red to me.

They needed to use red. The Jedi order was gone and the crystal caves lost. Forced to use red is different than most Jedi picking red.

In the KOTOR comic anthology (first one) there's a battlefield depiction, and on a few different pages several of the Jedi are running around with red and reddish sabers (verging on pink, almost). So that's pretty red too.

I've read a bunch of the comics and really havn't seen any red that I can remember but maybe I missed something. I really don't see one page of a comic as proof they were common, but it's better trhan anyone else has come up with.

Quasi-Negatory. They do indeed start producing their own crystals. I was referring however to this era. The Jedi do not start manufacturing them until the death of sidious and his book of anger was discovered. It detailed the process of how to create them. And even then they only did it because Sidious had essentially every crystal gathering location in the known galaxy destroyed.

I believe Luke and Solo were the first to use and test the synth crystals (Green and Purple respectively)

You are correct about future-canon, but I'm referring to the OPs OCD on the now-canon. This is thousands and thousands of years before Sidious and his masters. We have no established rules or canon on what might have been found, used, lost, or created. They could have a giant manufacturing plant of crystals. There could be an entire world made out of Force crystals that eventually gets mined into oblivion, so we don't know about it. There could be a technique now to craft any color of crystal we feel like, but it gets lost in a few thousand years. Anything can happen, because we're in uncharted story territory. That's what makes this era so awesome to explore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.