Is anyone else already bored?

EvilClone

too many posts that I want to respond to so I'll try and sum it all up with one post.

OP this game is the definition of casual. As far as games go, SWTOR is the Farmville of MMO's.

But for competitive players, you know, people who care about PvP and challenging PvE, players who are willing to devote themselves to crafting, or play the in game economy like a hedge fund manager, this is not a game for them, for us. And that will never change.

You're playing the most casualized AAA game ever created.

PS I unsubbed

Edited by Meluna
content

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people have the need to log into forums to say.... qq "I'm bored... blaa blaa blaa" I fan understand the desire for something in the game to be fixed, but grand standing and doing actually nothing constructive to solve the problem ( in this..quit playing..you seem to not like it) is just pointless. Go away.

That's the problem. You all rushed to 50 within one month of a new game release and then complain there is nothing to do.

No the problem is, is there isn't enough endgame content besides PVP. The raids are a joke.

You saying that were all stupid because we took no time to get 50, But if it takes you longer than a month to hit max level, Your just a bad player who doesn't know how to utilize.

It took me 30hours Playing time to beat Mass effect 2, And that has about the same amount of content as one storyline quest. 1-50 And it took my 64 hours ( See Sig ).

I Don't understand how people are still not 50 yet. And they come on the forums and tell everyone that they did it wrong blah blah blah. ***** please, Your a scrub.

Inc. Forum infraction because bioware can't stand people fighting over the internet on their poorly managed forums.

No the problem is, is there isn't enough endgame content besides PVP. The raids are a joke.

You saying that were all stupid because we took no time to get 50, But if it takes you longer than a month to hit max level, Your just a bad player who doesn't know how to utilize.

It took me 30hours Playing time to beat Mass effect 2, And that has about the same amount of content as one storyline quest. 1-50 And it took my 64 hours ( See Sig ).

I Don't understand how people are still not 50 yet. And they come on the forums and tell everyone that they did it wrong blah blah blah. ***** please, Your a scrub.

Get a life outside the computer, might be good for you.

And on another note, this mentality is what is wrong with America 2012. If you want something different and better, go do it yourself! Yes... it IS possible, new develpment crews pop up all the time, new ideas, new products, new mods, new everything. You feel so strongly get off your asses and forums and go fix it by doing better yourselves!

No, not having a 50 doesn't mean you are bad, it means you are smart. I have well over 50 levels worth of characters, but none over 25. I have a couple 25s, a few in the upper teens, a couple lower on the opposite faction. Because I learned long, long.. looong ago, that MMOs simply don't have a lot of end game content once released, and usually not for 6 months after that.

That's the problem. You all rushed to 50 within one month of a new game release and then complain there is nothing to do.

Why?

Why the rush?

I have two characters, one at 39 one at 20. I am enjoying the stories and quests (for the most part) with two totally different types of characters (Commando and Sentinel).

And I have not even tried an Imperial character yet. So I have a long way to go before I "use up" all the content and see all the planets and zones and story lines for the different classes.

How the hell do you rush in a month?, it only takes 2-3 weeks to hit cap and thats not even trying ,

No, not having a 50 doesn't mean you are bad, it means you are smart. I have well over 50 levels worth of characters, but none over 25. I have a couple 25s, a few in the upper teens, a couple lower on the opposite faction. Because I learned long, long.. looong ago, that MMOs simply don't have a lot of end game content once released, and usually not for 6 months after that.

Being dedicated to a goal and accomplishing it. Intellegence doesn't come into it unless you expect more from the accomplishment than what exsists.

lol I read the 1st post then post. Well most will just troll or trash the OP.

No I find I can and want to log in. Whats killing it for me is .. I don't want to just QUEST. Doing the 1st instances is easy after this is a night mar to get people to help and you only need 4. Its just no fun when you have to lvl past the req level then go back and do it alone. Some you can most you can't.

But really look how they been handling things. By the time they TALK to us and really listen.. its to late..people will have moved on. What I mean is things like they need to really open up the servers let more then 1-200.. yet I have never seen200 184 was it.. the space station and then never that high anywhere else and thats 4 servers very heavy and one EU server.. I do test.

Right, I'll let my wife know that i need to play more video games so i can utilize. I better tell work i can't work OT for the project we are trying to get out right now as well.

The expectation that SWTOR would somehow be different is where they went wrong. Themepark MMO clone, hello, wake up and smell the coffee. If this isn't what you wanted, why'd you buy it in the first place? They never once said they'd be different than the status quo.

Just my 2credits worth.

isn't that half the problem though? virtually every mmo is losing players and they aren't all going to wow which is losing subs by the hundreds of thousands every quarter.

aion...losing players

rift...losing players

eve...pretty much the same.

wow..losing players

swtor...who knows but it lost a few of the initial players.

take your pick most are losing players.

so where are they all going?

my guess is they are all just sick and tired of the status quo the tab target combat the raids the same pvp regardless of game the same quests the same proffesions with different names.

they certainly aren't playing mmo's thats for sure.

swtor was for many a place to look to for that change and many thought rightly or wrongly that it would be different probably hoped is a better word.

at the end of it all everyone just wants a different approach and vastly different at that too but gamers have become fickle and the company's frankly aren't sure what to give us so they give is the same old same old spoon fed games weve had for the last 15 years and hope it will be good enough.

Right, I'll let my wife know that i need to play more video games so i can utilize. I better tell work i can't work OT for the project we are trying to get out right now as well.

Play the game, with the rules it has, within your own personal means... what hell are you trying to out of this in the end? A tombstone epitaph about tor? I think not...

Ah yes...because all of these people MUST be wrong since you're so intelligent. Arrogance on parade.

Arrogance is you and/or the OP thinking we give a sh/t that you're bored.

Bored? Don't play, it's simple. I'm bored reading this thread, so I just quit after this quoted message...

Can you explain again with english sentences please. I have no idea what you just said.

I omitted the word "get" in one sentence and your brilliant intelligence has no idea what a whole statement meant... never mind, enough of the talking with a troll... back to playing a game I enjoy, which you don't, so just go away.

I get really irritated with the people that say "you rushed to 50 so it is your fault there is nothing to do". That argument is extremely invalid, because it does not matter if you rush or not the point is that once you reach 50 the only things there are to do is PvP, do hard modes, or grind daily quests. It is not fun and hasn't been fun for 5 years now.

Just because someone is 50 in a month does not mean that they rushed. I made 50 in three weeks and I have a full time job.

That's called an MMO.

Yes cancelled my sub today, Not enough content and no i do not like to grind HMs and pvp all day long. Going back to rift where i can do world events, achievements, Chronicles, non broken pvp and artifact collecting.

There is actually quite a bit a content for a just launch mmo, lol.

Why?

Why the rush?

I have two characters, one at 39 one at 20. I am enjoying the stories and quests (for the most part) with two totally different types of characters (Commando and Sentinel).

And I have not even tried an Imperial character yet. So I have a long way to go before I "use up" all the content and see all the planets and zones and story lines for the different classes.

I didn't even rush and still go to 50 in under a month.

How about the mods just start closing these, there are enough end game sucks, end game is boring threads to sink the titanic.

Intelligent people are levelling multiple chars and enjoying the game, slowly, taking it in and enjoying the RP. Not space baring thru conversations, leaving planets early and making posts about how good they are to be 50.

people who charged to 50 WoW style and have nothing to do....It was predicted and was expected...Its one of the reasons i love this game so much. It so readily sifts the attention deficit people from the people that pay attention and enjoy the game.

In that way, this could well be the most brilliantly designed game i have ever seen. Kiddies who get bored without LFG spamming instances and VP's in their face and faceroll raids will get bored and leave...what remains is a vibrant community.

If you are standing around @ fleet, its not BW's fault. you have played about 5% of the content given to you and you are like **** HIGH END CONTENTZ ONMG>>>>>FAIL.

I really had to quote this post because it speaks about what is wrong and right with this game! The wrong is the people who are so narrow minded because they have WoW blinders on. WoW for it's time was it, SWTOR can be it given the time and effort. It's not a WoW clone at all, end game is not where it's at, it's the journey that is the fun part, as it should be imop.