Luke, worst Jedi in history?

sithlordcip

just to throw this out there...

1. in the newer movies, mostly dooku, we see fencing styles mostly used. not the bastard/greatsword/longsword manuvers in the original trilolgy. In addition even lore wise, they are battleing with strength of force vs. force enhanced strength. Yoda was a master of form 4 ataru which is super acrobatic in nature. Dooku a master of Makashi, known for its fine movements and the appearance of practically dancing. Luke was more than likely still using form one. Well known for its solid offense and defense but being totally predictable or form 7 (which as sidious puts it is a sith style).

But in ROTJ there may not be doing flips, but look when Luke cuts vaders hand off. I think he literarlly overpowered vader, not with skill or a feint but with raw power of the dark side.

edit: waht Halloworld said :p

Edited by Airmil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay mechanics don't count. The novel is more canon. When it comes to games only the cut scenes matter.

Canon wise Starkiller barely defeated Vader and he attributed his victory to luck. There is no luck in Star Wars but that's hardly the point. The point is he won on such a slim shot he's not sure if it'd have been the same way a second time.

YES, luck. I seen better argument.

Vader practically WAS the best swordsmen(aside from Palpatine) during that timeframe, Galen barely won against Vader in the novel(which is actual canon, not game mechanics.)

If you research more about it you know his armor limited his true potential. Yes, he is the most talented swordman, but being able to use it well is another thing.

I've changed my mind~

There is no the best swordman, guys. Each lightsaber form has its own weakness and advantage against the other form. Vader did not master all 6 (7 if you count the 6th forms) of lightsaber form, but so are Yoda and Windu. I think it works like rock paper scissor.

Luke was never trained to be an actual Jedi. he was trained by Yoda and Obi-wan to be a sort of emotional weapon against Darth Vader, ensuring that he would bring balance to the force.

They trained him just enough to survive a fight against Vader, until he could force Vader to turn on his master.

20 years of resentment towards his master in his role of turning Vader to the dark side leading to the death of his wife, brought to a final resolution via Luke.

Luke supposedly learned how to be a real Jedi after the movies in the EU stuff, but after that he just fought scrubs, so who knows :)

Luke the worst Jedi?

Both Vader and The Emperor wanted to used him as a pawn for their side.

Vader wanted Luke to join him, to kill the emperor and to rule the galaxy as Father and son.

Vader knew that Luke could destroy the Emperor.

The emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader because Luke would be more powerful than -present- Vader.

Right went Luke takes Vader's hand/arm.. the Emperor says, "good, good now finish him"

Luke throws down his Light sabre, refuses, and says no I will be a jedi like my father before me.

So be it.

Force lighting.

I fail to see how the most powerful guys in the universe would want to recruit the "worst jedi eveR"

We can't judge by lightsaber skills.

Have a look-see at the daily schedules from shooting of RotJ, and you'll find that the actors took hours of fencing classes. The intent was for a lightsaber duel to be "elegant" and "civilized"...and also insanely dangerous. They are playing tag with plasma.

The prequel movies went for a new approach, where Jedi weren't engaged in rare duels of individual skill and cunning, but rather, in full combat. They adopted saber techniques from a variety of 2-handed sword styles and even from tree-chopping techniques.

We might assume that if these movies were to ever have met, the duelists would have altered their styles accordingly. But we can't really compare~