Founder Title

Screamster

I just received email notification that I am a founder and my ingame mailbox will have a medal in it for my title.

However, couldn't they have done something else then just give me a title? Makes me a little worried that they think this is a "cool" item to have.

Sorry.. but nothing beats my "Darth" title.

Its pretty cool, imo. What did you want.

Of course, it would be nice if I actually got it. I got the email saying login and check mail, but I have nothing in my mailbox.

Honestly? Didn't need it and could careless about it.

I am sure they could have done something a bit cooler than a title though. Like a free pet, lightsaber crystal, special emote, cosmetic helm, etc. Even the little cheesy iPhone MMO's give better items that BW did.

Edited by Screamster

I am sure they could have done something a bit cooler than a title though. Like a free pet, lightsaber crystal, special emote, cosmetic helm, etc.

/handles you a cookie and hopes its your kind, I wouldn't want to eat crap for something i GAVE to you.

Stoked! Got my Founder title. I hate to sound like a mom here, wait I totally want to sound like a mom here, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all!"

They did something cool and people still find things to complain about. For shame!

I just got my e-mail as well. I don't know, I'm on the fence about the title. It's nice to get anything, really.

I guess it depends on the success of the game. If the game is around for 2-5 years, with new subscriptions on-going, then it would be kind of cool. The next step would be a longevity title (but one could argue that the legacy system will address that).

Stoked! Got my Founder title. I hate to sound like a mom here, wait I totally want to sound like a mom here, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all!"

They did something cool and people still find things to complain about. For shame!

The funny thing is, how much fun are you going to have running around with your founder title with everyone else with the same exact title? Or, if you are on a low pop server, you will be running around by yourself with your swank new founder title.

Yeah, sounds like heaps of fun to me... :p What's next? The "I Love You" title for valentines day?

It's a cheap way to get you to try and stay on board and keep your accounts going imo.

Edited by Screamster

The funny thing is, how much fun are you going to have running around with your founder title with everyone else with the same exact title? Or, if you are on a low pop server, you will be running around by yourself with your swank new founder title.

Yeah, sounds like heaps of fun to me... :p

It's a cheap way to get you to try and stay on board and keep your accounts going imo.

Only the people who have played the game in the first month get the title..... Obviously not everyone will have it. A few years down the line, this is going to be worth some serious "peen."

Speaking of titles everyone has... EVERYONE who completes the Sith class story gets the Darth title... derp derp derp.

I am sure they could have done something a bit cooler than a title though. Like a free pet, lightsaber crystal, special emote, cosmetic helm, etc. Even the little cheesy iPhone MMO's give better items that BW did.

You got a title for nothing dude. Don't like it, don't display it. Pretend you never got it. Whatever.

Why cry about it? They can always do something "cooler" for everything. It would be amazing if they delivered an actual elephant to my front door as a reward. But they didn't. We get a title. Move on.

Only the people who have played the game in the first month get the title..... Obviously not everyone will have it. A few years down the line, this is going to be worth some serious "peen."

Speaking of titles everyone has... EVERYONE who completes the Sith class story gets the Darth title... derp derp derp.

Yeah. But at least it matches the SWTOR universe. Give me a Salacious Crumb to smack around or another SW universe pet, unique lightsaber crystal. Something more tangible than a title.

I just can't believe they didn't anticipate this before launch. Like I said, it worries me.

5char

Wow. Really? It was such a short post and you didn't even read it before replying. It probably took you more time just to fish for that quote you posted.

Huge part of the problem with forums, these days.

Edited by Apax

Yeah. But at least it matches the SWTOR universe. Give me a Salacious Crumb to smack around or another SW universe pet, unique lightsaber crystal. Something more tangible than a title.

I just can't believe they didn't anticipate this before launch. Like I said, it worries me.

Your opinion is just that... YOUR opinion.

I think a Salacious Crumb pet is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Quit crying about a free gift. Most MMOs give NOTHING.

Thats not mom! It's Grandma :)

I also feel the title was not a very substantial reward, but thanks for some more crap I wont ever use!

I just received email notification that I am a founder and my ingame mailbox will have a medal in it for my title.

However, couldn't they have done something else then just give me a title? Makes me a little worried that they think this is a "cool" item to have.

Sorry.. but nothing beats my "Darth" title.

Be happy us Beta testers got nothing for our time other then working knowledge of the game.

Yeah, sounds like heaps of fun to me... :p What's next? The "I Love You" title for valentines day?

Oh the Entitlement Gen... poor fella.

Man, I sure hope this gift horse has some doggone good teeth.

So, it's free, so I'm not allowed to say it's useless? I don't care either way. But, I will say that WOW giving me a free mount to sign up for a year (big mistake now) was enticing enough for me to do it. So, a better gift might have gained them more resubs because people that are planning to "come back in a few months" very well may have stayed if they knew they'd be missing out on something nice. Free or not, a "founder" title that no one will use because every class gets better titles is pretty useless.

Be happy us Beta testers got nothing for our time other then working knowledge of the game.

Oh, dude, cry me a river. People were screaming for beta invites. These boards were almost nothing but QQ over "this other guy got a beta invite and I didn't!" for months before this game launched.

Don't even try not make people feel sorry for you because you got a beta invite.

When people talk about "entitlement issues," that's the kind of thing they're talking about. Honestly, "Feel bad for us beta-testers. We got something for free that hundreds of thousands of people wanted, and now Bioware isn't giving us more free stuff for accepting it?" That's a little sad.

Edited by imtrick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.