Force Kick Not Activating?

Thornne

Just wondering if I am missing something about Force Kick. As an interrupt ability, I was expecting it to work just like my Trooper's Riot Strike, which I use regularly to interrupt enemy inductions.

But since I got Force Kick it is almost always grayed out. I went through Hammer Station last night and was unable to interrupt the first boss (big mining robot) at all, something I did all the time tanking him with my trooper, several weeks back. At other times I could use it, but there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it would light up and when it would not.

Is it just me, or is there some trick to getting Force Kick to light up?

I was fighting the first boss on the Maelstrom Prison last night and the same thing happened to me... Force Kick greyed out. It seems most common on the giant robot bosses for whatever reason, though I think the last boss in Athiss is the same.

Well I suppose it does make sense - after all, just kicking him aint going to do much.

I mean its not like our most powerful attacks involve hitting the enemy with a backhanded slap or with the pommel of your light sabre.....

... oh wait... :D

• 2 weeks later...
I was getting a problem with it activating in my last pvp match so i thought I would look it up. I had focus, it just wasn't available to use. Very frustrating in pvp. Doesnt happen a lot but has happened a few times now.

I was getting a problem with it activating in my last pvp match so i thought I would look it up. I had focus, it just wasn't available to use. Very frustrating in pvp. Doesnt happen a lot but has happened a few times now.

Certain classes can be temporarily immune to interrupts.