Unofficial How to Increase Peformance on Fleet and Warzones!

BOLTgamer

This is the unofficial thread on how to increase fps on fleet in warzones. The reason why it lags so much in the fleet and warzones is because the game has to render everything out. In beta there was a distance scale option, which decreased lag because you could choose how much the game could render, however since this is not in the game I found a way to increase FPS by an incredible amount. Once had 30 fps on the fleet, now im capping up 80 fps on the fleet, and here is how to do it.

Start> Type %appdata% > Click Roaming > Click Back into the appdata folder > Local > SWTOR > swtor > Settings > Client_settings.ini > Now change the FarClipScale line of text with the following:

FarClipScale = 0.75.

If you want better peformance decrease it down to 0.50.

Enjoy the peformance increase!

Here's my fix:

1. Click start

2. Click control panel

3. Click "programs and features"

4. Find SWTOR

5. Click "uninstall"

Congratulations. You no longer have to deal with this alpha-test-phase unoptimized piece of garbage.

If you dont have anything positive to add then dont reply.

I just did this and definitely noticed the surrounding terrain on Dromand Kaas popping in at extremely close range. I've been looking for changes like this that noticeably make the game look like crap, for better performance.

Also didn't notice much of a framerate improvement (still rocking 15-30 in motion and idling with nobody around,) sure warzones and heroics and the fleet are 3-18 FPS like always.)

Could be they took this option out because the performance boost is so miniscule. Not sure.