Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unable to get Dark V

EvilDeadAsh

I'm trying to determine if this is a bug, or working as intended. I have not been able to find conclusive information one way or another, and BW has not responded to my in-game ticket yet.

I have 10k Dark, but 350 light, so a net of 9650 Dark

My alignment is Dark IV because I have no way of getting more DS points, nor decreasing my LS points.

I do not have, nor wish to level, diplomacy

It is my understanding that there is a cap of 10k

In other threads, people have suggested that getting more DS points at 10k will in fact decrease LS points - this does not seem to be the case.

Soooo.... am I just screwed out of Dark V gear until / unless they change this?

I had heard that the LS should start decreasing as DS points are earned.

I would say try getting some LS points again, I had a bug a while back where I was not gaining any DS points (before being close to cap) and it only reset again when I got some LS ones. You could have that issue.

Otherwise submit a support ticket, and keep checking to see if any one posts a better answer in here.

do black talon over and over again

you get 200 dark per run

once the sum of your light and dark points hits 10k, any further dark points gained are subtracted from your light points.

Edit:

I can personally CONFIRM this works...

Edited by naffets

you get 200 dark per run

once the sum of your light and dark points hits 10k, any further dark points gained are subtracted from your light points.

Edit:

^This Works^

you get 200 dark per run

Edit:

i had to do the same thing for the remaining dark point i can also confirm this works

I'm trying to determine if this is a bug, or working as intended. I have not been able to find conclusive information one way or another, and BW has not responded to my in-game ticket yet.

I have 10k Dark, but 350 light, so a net of 9650 Dark

My alignment is Dark IV because I have no way of getting more DS points, nor decreasing my LS points.

I do not have, nor wish to level, diplomacy

It is my understanding that there is a cap of 10k

In other threads, people have suggested that getting more DS points at 10k will in fact decrease LS points - this does not seem to be the case.

Soooo.... am I just screwed out of Dark V gear until / unless they change this?

Basically, yes.

I have the exact same bug (inverted though). 166 dark side points, 10000 light side. Quests, FlashPoints, and Diplomacy do NOT decrease the dark side amount. I submitted a ticket on it about 2 weeks ago. The ticket was mysteriously closed (which is supposed to mean escalated). It's still broken. I've heard from others that it may start randomly working if you continue to farm points. No indicator as to how to trigger that though.

I know you stated you didn't want to level diplomacy, but it's the fastest way. I had 150 light on my BH and it took me about a half hour just selecting the dark till light went to 0. After that I deleted diplomacy and picked up underworld. Not sure if you maxed our your crew skills... I at the time didn't so it was easy for me.

I noticed this too. I started grinding for Lightside points and noticed lightside pretty much capped at 10k but im only Light IV. Then I noticed my DS point dropping as well.

So my guess is its LS +(- DS) = Alignment. The cap being 10k (or -10k for DS). So once you cap LS you have to get more LS to get rid of the -DS and have your total be enough to Light V.

Yep, you're going to have to do something to work off your surplus of LS points. Once those are taken care of, you can get the final amount of DS you need.

It's just another title, and it doesn't seem to do much to add to your Dark Side Corruption (if you even display it; I do, but I wear a full-face mask, so you can't see it anyway), but it's still nice to be able to point out that you've gone as evil as the game will let you.

:wea_03:

Are all the players suggesting running BT or farming DS points some other way level 50 on the toons they did this on?

I will double check when I get home tonight, but I ran BT the other day specifically to do just this - but my LS points remained at 350, and did not decrease to 150 as these replies would suggest it should.

My crew skills are maxed out, I really don't want to drop underworld and level diplomacy

Also I am not doing this for a title, or the sith corruption look - there are certain pieces of gear that are aligned one way or another. There are 2 relics in particular I would like to use, but currently unable as they require Dark V.

(There is gear with the same exact stats which is aligned the other way as well, for those wondering.)

I don't recall why I have the 350 light, I am pretty sure I was trying to get with Vette at some point, so I picked some LS option, not thinking it would have this effect

Hi since yesterday i have the same prioblem.

IM a Jedi Shadow, i skilled diplomacy and i reach 10k DS, but the number become crazy....

Like i have 10000,9996966688558585 dark side and 150 LS i dont know why....

I already bought the speeder aligned with DS but i cant use it..... I try with Black Talon, i hope i can solo it with my companion... if doesnt work i will open a ticket.....

let see....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.