Should all GTN be cross faction?

LilTikiBoy

just curious what you guys think. i kind of understand them being seperate but at the same time i think that it would help the games overall economy. i know im personally tired of going to the GTN and no being able to find anything close to what im looking for simply because theres not that much on there, and it would definetly help those servers with terrible population imbalances.

plus, when i started leveling my alt with his armstech i noticed how i can make weapons that cant even be used by any class on my faction but its almost impossible to sell on the nar shadda one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the G in GTN should actually be implemented. Currently, the GTN terminals operate as planetary (or fleet) trade networks. I think all GTN terminals should give you access to all items loaded in, regardless of location.

I think going cross-server would be a bit too complicated.

Edited by Buckit

GTN should be what its called "Galactic"

although in the "feel" for the game it should NOT ... Republicians do not trade with Imperials and vise versa. thats where the HTN comes in, they trade with everyone.

i agree the GTN needs a little work, can it should be renamed, maybe RTN / ITN / HTN (Republic, Imperial, Hutt) so there's no misunderstanding on who can buy the stuff.

This would be much against the lore and logic. But you have HuttTN :)

I'd rather see some quick transport to Nar Shaddaa instead - ticket or shuttle (or both), spawning at once at the Promenade district. And more visible info about the special feature of Nar TN. That should be the first step - rest lies in the players hands. You want cross faction TN? Use the one that already exists.

Edited by dadamowsky

just curious what you guys think. i kind of understand them being seperate but at the same time i think that it would help the games overall economy. i know im personally tired of going to the GTN and no being able to find anything close to what im looking for simply because theres not that much on there, and it would definetly help those servers with terrible population imbalances.

plus, when i started leveling my alt with his armstech i noticed how i can make weapons that cant even be used by any class on my faction but its almost impossible to sell on the nar shadda one.

You know having the GTN being just run by the huts and all of it being cross faction might actually be an interesting concept.....

edit: only question I have is would making everything cross faction cause any bad economy issues on crafting or would it just make it better... Only thing coming to mind with this idea.

Edited by atlasstar

I am still waiting for someone to tell me why the factions are kept completely separate. You can not speak to them in chat, mail them, or sell them things outside of nar shadar.

I am told this is how it was in WoW which is really probably the only real reason it is that way in TOR. Coming form SWG I can tell you it was great to do business with the entire server.

But to the point, all GTN kiosks should be linked. You should be able to define your search by planet or expand to the entire galaxy. And yes, include items from both factions.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me why the factions are kept completely separate. You can not speak to them in chat, mail them, or sell them things outside of nar shadar.

I am told this is how it was in WoW which is really probably the only real reason it is that way in TOR. Coming form SWG I can tell you it was great to do business with the entire server.

It was also that way in DAoC, where, as a PvP (RvR) game it was to lessen cross realm PvP farming (killing by agreement to maximise PvP xp gain - realm ranks in that case). It's there in LOTRO too, for the same reason. Of course, you can still cheat by using third party communication tools (and indeed emote text), but they make it harder.

Current problem for Hutt Trade Network is its accessibility to players, you must travel a fair distance before you reach Hutta Terminals and some times you need to make more then one trip.

When people are visiting Imperial Fleet for one reason or another one can:

1) Ride speeders out of hangar and across the station.

2) Have access to daily missions and Flash Points

3) Access to all commendation vendors and more

Once you are on the fleet you can casually stop by GTN to have a look, you might find something you like and can afford or might not and move on. Hutt Trade Network is hard to reach and you want your trip to be meaningful, on my server there is nothing note worthy for sale. I even tried to sell some Republic schematics, but nobody purchased them in two days span.

Place Hutt Trade Network in a more accessible place, where players must step but 5 meters before reaching the terminals and we might see a change.

It was also that way in DAoC, where, as a PvP (RvR) game it was to lessen cross realm PvP farming (killing by agreement to maximise PvP xp gain - realm ranks in that case). It's there in LOTRO too, for the same reason. Of course, you can still cheat by using third party communication tools (and indeed emote text), but they make it harder.

But you can communicate in /say with imperials, can't you? We've just had a nice chat with an imp yday @ belsavis worldboss.

You know having the GTN being just run by the huts and all of it being cross faction might actually be an interesting concept.....

What a great idea, and it fits with the lore. I know the GTN republic-side can be very very scarce for mats, and I'm on a busy server - would be great to have a much larger market. The developers of Rift put in cross-faction auction houses, and really, why not here?

The other mentioned idea, having a shuttle to the Hutt GTN on both the republic / imperial fleets would also suffice as well - The long, cumbersome travel to get there certainly doesn't help this problem of an unused neutral auction house. The Hutt GTN as it is is all but empty except for a some lvl 15-20 items - as in WoW, the neutral auction house simply isn't used.

This is not my idea, and I forget who suggested it to give credit.

It would be really neat if all 3 trade networks were linked, but you would have to pay an additional fee in credits and/or delivery time to get something from another network. Smuggling fees. Then you get to keep the flavor while opening up the economy.

Yes.

I would love to be able to fund an alt on the other side.

Apparently, even though it was blocked in WoW, it isn't here. You can post an auction with your alt in the cross server GTN for an extortionate amount, and buy it with your cross faction main.

Someone mentioned it in fleet on my server the other day, and swore they personally had tried it. I haven't. (YET):) )

Apparently, even though it was blocked in WoW, it isn't here. You can post an auction with your alt in the cross server GTN for an extortionate amount, and buy it with your cross faction main.

Someone mentioned it in fleet on my server the other day, and swore they personally had tried it. I haven't. (YET):) )

See, the forums can be informative. I didn't even realize there was a cross server GTN.

Thank you for the tip :)

They should be both cross faction and cross server.

A larger economy is more difficult for a single person or small group to manipulate.

And given what a POS the PRNG is (P is for Pseudo) in this game, spreading the market across all servers would help smooth things out, from a supply perspective.