How is the winner of a "tie" decided?

Feebish

I had a Voidstar match last night where neither side managed to get passed even the first door, however we pretty much dominated the Imperials. They held on by basically suicide interrupting caps. My team had more damage, more kills, more healing, more medals, and in fact every single person on our side was on the top half of the score board and yet the Imperials still won the WZ.

So, I was wondering, does anyone know why so I know for next time?

The ones who attacked first (or last, not sure). The win doesn't count for the daily, it's actually a tie, but there's no "tie" splashscreen, so one team gets a victory, that is not a victory, and the other one gets a defeat which is not a defeat. So that you can loose while you win and win while you loose, so to say.

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Last attacking side, which is stupid.

We were the last attacking side.

The ones who attacked first (or last, not sure). The win doesn't count for the daily, it's actually a tie, but there's no "tie" splashscreen, so one team gets a victory, that is not a victory, and the other one gets a defeat which is not a defeat. So that you can loose while you win and win while you loose, so to say.

Regards,

Kalantris

That's what I thought at first. But we got commendations and whatnot associated with a "loss" while in previous occasions when this happened and I was on the "winning" side I got commendations and such that is equivalent to a win. So do they just assign these to the "winner" and the "loser" even though no one won?

Edited by Feebish

I am pretty sure it's like this:

Say both teams get down the 2nd pair of gates, but nothing more.

Team 1 got the 2nd pair of gates down when it was 1:53 left of the game.

Team 2 got the 2nd pair of gates down when it was 1:03 left of the game.

Team 1 wins, since they managed to do it first.

That makes sense, but in my situation no one completed any objectives. It was basically just two rounds of team deathmatch because no one progressed passed the very first door.

medals. Unless you're in huttball, then it's the last team holding the ball.

So when the game is 1:1 with 30 secs left. Do your best to hold the ball.

Every single player on my team had more medals than every single player on their team.

Every single player on my team had more medals than every single player on their team.

Show SS please. I've always noted that the team with more medals won. There maybe an internal metric that we don't see. If that's the case then only bioware knows.

Also it could be as simple as

/random 2

Edited by Orangerascal

In huttball its whoever is holding the ball.

In alderaan its almost impossible for a tie for two reasons.

1) Odd number of control points.

2) Empire turrets tick faster, so even if each side controlled one point and the middle never got capped the empire would win.

Ive experienced this, and seen video footage of it on youtube, its pretty bad.

Edited by Kellindell

I also thought it works like this, but it isn't. I had a game when we were the last to attack and we broke through the bridge second with Reps clearly doing it faster before.

We won and it was a Teamspeak full of, "huh? Free win..."

There must be some catch there, which is not the last/first attacker and not timing.

Ok, throwing some light on this issue:

1) If round 1 defenders manage to secure the doors - they need to break at least FIRST doors to WIN in round 2. But if round 2 defenders repeat the result of round 1 defenders (all secured) - they WIN.

2) If round 1 attackers managed to get 2 gates, round 2 attackers need only to REPEAT the result and they win.

Any other questions?

Edited by Soulmatey

Show SS please. I've always noted that the team with more medals won. There maybe an internal metric that we don't see. If that's the case then only bioware knows.

Also it could be as simple as

/random 2

Unfortunately I did not take a screen shot. But as I said, a number of my team (including myself) never even died because I and a Commando each put out approx 1 million healing together. (450k~ for me and 550k~) for her, so suffice to say they had a lot less medals due to that and the fact that they were basically feeding the meat grinder to interrupt placing the bomb.

I'm thinking it could just be random, or like the above person said a tie and there is just no "tie game" score screen... or it could be objective points, I never bothered to check that although I don't see how they would have many considering no one completed an objective.

Ok, throwing some light on this issue:

1) If round 1 defenders manage to secure the doors - they already won, unless you break at least FIRST doors in round 1. So if round2 attackers fail to break the doors - they win, cause they secured the doors round 1.

2) If round 1 attackers managed to get 2 gates, round 2 attackers need only to REPEAT the result and they win.

Any other questions?

That would seem to make sense, although that's kind of unfair in the first scenario.

Thank you.

Edited by Feebish

I edited my post to the correct state.

Attacking side failed at round 1, they couldn't break first gates. You defended well. But round 2 you failed to break gates 1 aswell, so they repeated your result and WIN.

Edited by Soulmatey