Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I've perused most of this thread, but I didn't see any reference to a specific ETA on the patch that will fix the issue with Kira. Is there one, or is ETA "when it's ready"?

I'm rather shocked that this issue isn't receiving top priority, seeing as anyone who plays a Jedi is basically being forced to either play a different character or stop playing altogether until this issue is fixed.

Or they could just continue to play the game. It is a well done game, you will survive without your e-romance for a few levels.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've perused most of this thread, but I didn't see any reference to a specific ETA on the patch that will fix the issue with Kira. Is there one, or is ETA "when it's ready"?

I'm rather shocked that this issue isn't receiving top priority, seeing as anyone who plays a Jedi is basically being forced to either play a different character or stop playing altogether until this issue is fixed.

The 1.1 patch is on the public test server right now, once that has been tested and such then it will be rolled out onto the production servers.

It should, yes.

So in theory we will lose nothing right? When the patch is out, Kira will resume from where she stopped right?

Because after finishing Taris I saw she wanted to talk on the ship (it was over her icon) but when I reached the ship she didn't want anymore. Nor did T7 (eventhough I don't think he ever wanted) Is this the bug that is happening or is it a different one? My only concern is if we will lose what has already passed, for example: if you already completed 3 planets, you won't be getting the conversations between the first and second planets.

(The Defector is the class quest on Taris? The one where that Imperial Agent named Watcher One gives you imperial intel??)

The defector quest was the one after the abandoned asteroid mining thing and then you go back and talk to her, if you did that and chose the dark side flirt before the 27th then she would no longer say anything.

Supposedly the patch will allow the storyline/conversations continue from that point.

The defector quest was the one after the abandoned asteroid mining thing and then you go back and talk to her, if you did that and chose the dark side flirt before the 27th then she would no longer say anything.

Supposedly the patch will allow the storyline/conversations continue from that point.

Hm I don't remember ever doing that. Maybe it's a different bug. I hope not...

hey without reading 176 pages, ive perused through the thread, and it seems that as long as i dont pick the dark side flirt option after the defector quest, im ok right? dont pick that one and take the lightside/neutral one that comes after? Edited by GBux

hey without reading 176 pages, ive perused through the thread, and it seems that as long as i dont pick the dark side flirt option after the defector quest, im ok right? dont pick that one and take the lightside/neutral one that comes after?

That's what the general consensus is, and that's what worked for me. However, after that quest and NOT choosing the DS flirt option I went back to my ship and did several neutral flirt options (all were immediately after returning to my ship). I'm now several planets later (lvl 33 on Alderaan) and she hasn't made a peep since. I've seen the icon pop up suggesting she wants to talk to me but when I get to my ship it doesn't work.

What parts does it change? Anything in Act 1?

I finished Act 1 but decided to wait for a patch for Kira to be fixed before moving on.

Also, I am sure the patch will be here next week. There's communication that it's coming, they sorted out the bug, instead of the silence on the issue with no clear view if the bug was fixed or not on their end. They just need to test it to make sure the patch goes smoothly. What if they didn't test it and the patch made everyone else's companion but Kira be glitched too? It would take another week to fix... I think we're safer waiting just one more week!

Third person to ask, no response- I thought these companion romance quests don't affect the main storyline? Or are there just minor changes in dialogue but with the same end results?? (I'm on Act III, level 45, 9200 affection, and almost done...)

That's what the general consensus is, and that's what worked for me. However, after that quest and NOT choosing the DS flirt option I went back to my ship and did several neutral flirt options (all were immediately after returning to my ship). I'm now several planets later (lvl 33 on Alderaan) and she hasn't made a peep since. I've seen the icon pop up suggesting she wants to talk to me but when I get to my ship it doesn't work.

You have to progress through the class storyline further before it'll work. :)

There are certain key steps in the story line that open up the Kira romance dialogues. The first is after finishing Nar Shadaa. This is when you get the dark side flirt option which was originally bugged, plus a first kiss :). The bug was fixed shortly after Christmas so you don't have to worry about choosing it anymore. I chose it shortly after the fix and haven't had any problems.

The next key step is finishing Act One which opens up your legacy and a bunch more dialogues with Kira. You will most likely do this somewhere around levels 33 to 35, depending on how many side quests you're doing. If I recall correctly, this was at the end of Alderaan missions and before you head to Balmorra.

So the key message is not to think you're bugged like it seems many do, just because you've not progressed your class story far enough.

Edited by Heothen

i think it's ********. if they have a fix then they shouldn't just toss into their list of stuff in a game update that'll come out whenever they feel like releasing it. Leaving the jedi knight bugged liek that is like taking our money. we pay for time to play this game. they have taken our play time with jedi knight therefore taking our money. why not just tell everyone they should re-roll instead of giving scraps of false hope.

ahh..ranting makes you feel so much better....

Edited by Nightflame

Any fix date idea yet for this issue? I got bugged pre-Dec 27th.

I was bugged very early (50 before launch). I can confirm that this is fixed on the PTR, for 3 different JK's that were bugged in 3 different states.

I missed out on a *LOT* of quests while levelling that I will be able to see.

I was bugged very early (50 before launch). I can confirm that this is fixed on the PTR, for 3 different JK's that were bugged in 3 different states.

I missed out on a *LOT* of quests while levelling that I will be able to see.

good to hear its working on the pts. how does it work tho? will we just get a spam load of quests from kira when we log back in depending how many we have missed so far?

good to hear its working on the pts. how does it work tho? will we just get a spam load of quests from kira when we log back in depending how many we have missed so far?

Without spoilers..

I logged in, saw no triangle, and was bummed. Right clicked on her out of annoyance, she flashed, and suddenly a triangle. We started talking. Conversation after conversation after conversation. Hit a quest. Had to go somewhere. More conversation, snogging, more conversation, more snogging, another quest. More snogging.

I counted over 30 quests I'd missed, one after another, with pauses for quests (you can't continue down the chain until you do the quests). When this goes live, be prepared to dedicate some time for your hot padawan's issues :)