Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess technically it's expected, it's an RPG and he's the main bad guy, but seriously? It's borderline, why would you hink that's a good idea to post it?

I agree there and I can only offer up an assumption to the tune of after the defector questline You would then just automatically assume that's where it was headed so the "spoiler" isn't thought of as one?

I finished my class quest last night with bug. For all those waiting for fix. I had 10k affection with Kira. Did the DS flirt after act 1 and Kira bugged of course, no quests what so over. I did get hints during other class quests that my character and Kira had a romance.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I save Kira from the torture machine when you turn evil, because of the emperor she wants to kiss you but she doesn't. When I saved the fallen female jedi and her lover, I said jedi's could love each other and Kira said that's the understatement of the year. During the Doomsday quest I saved Kira and during the conversation I could flirt with her and she kissed me.

If you have done the Defector quest, and got the THREE Kira companion conversations that follow, but now do not have any more conversations with her then you're not bugged, and you just need to....

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

Do that before you make another post claiming that you're bugged when you really aren't.

I'm relatively certain I'm bugged as I believe I reached the Defector quest before Christmas. After we got off the rock she told me she had an "inappropriate urge to kiss me", I just finished Act 1 last night. What should be happening at this point if I'm not bugged? If you want to avoid spoilers just message me please :)

Bump because an update is yet to be given.

For all of you who enjoy over-explaining.

I am beyond act I, I am lvl 35, I flirted with her in Act I, and yes I think I am bugged. I also get hints now and again that we should have some sort of relationship, but never got a companion quest/cutscene etc.

I tossed my Jedi aside for now, working on another character, but the silence oncerning this fix is what pisses me off the most.

There are always solutions, like I said before, someone reset our characters, reset the companions, something, or at least tell us whats going on, I feel like I was punished for playing prior to the bug fix... thats not right.

Bump because an update is yet to be given.

For all of you who enjoy over-explaining.

I am beyond act I, I am lvl 35, I flirted with her in Act I, and yes I think I am bugged. I also get hints now and again that we should have some sort of relationship, but never got a companion quest/cutscene etc.

I tossed my Jedi aside for now, working on another character, but the silence oncerning this fix is what pisses me off the most.

There are always solutions, like I said before, someone reset our characters, reset the companions, something, or at least tell us whats going on, I feel like I was punished for playing prior to the bug fix... thats not right.

It comes down to this: If you complete the Defector, have a good amount of affection with her and haven't had any companion conversations besides the initial one concerning her role on the ship, then your bugged. If you did get them, then you aren't, keep playing.

You sir are bugged, my condolences.

well, don't remember if i mentioned it in here or not, but I just finished nearly all of my christmas games, and my impatience is getting a bit more prevalent. I go back to college on the 17th, I would LIKE to have a week to play through

continuing on: I ordered The Old Republic gaming mouse off of amazon.com, it's currently out of stock though, but i think razor's site says they'll be getting new ones in mid january. If i get that mouse BEFORE the patch fixes I guesss I'll just reroll a new character. I hate to reroll because this character has EVERYTHING that I've been through, from equipment, to skills, to space combat, etc. I really don't want to reroll...

If you have done the Defector quest, AND got the THREE Kira companion conversations that follow, but now do not have any more conversations with her then you're not bugged, and you just need to....

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

You will get more conversations after it. So, do that before you make another post claiming that you're bugged when you really aren't.

Jeez...

Also: the "talk on the ship" icon over your companion portrait when they don't have a actual conversation is a UI BUG that effect's all companions of all classes and has no effect on the game at all.

As far as I'm concerned, this needs to be on every page.

well, don't remember if i mentioned it in here or not, but I just finished nearly all of my christmas games, and my impatience is getting a bit more prevalent. I go back to college on the 17th, I would LIKE to have a week to play through

continuing on: I ordered The Old Republic gaming mouse off of amazon.com, it's currently out of stock though, but i think razor's site says they'll be getting new ones in mid january. If i get that mouse BEFORE the patch fixes I guesss I'll just reroll a new character. I hate to reroll because this character has EVERYTHING that I've been through, from equipment, to skills, to space combat, etc. I really don't want to reroll...

Same here...

also, if we re-roll, do we lose our Legacy? This was my first Legacy character...

Just need some info on the bug please, that is all lol

Same here...

also, if we re-roll, do we lose our Legacy? This was my first Legacy character...

Just need some info on the bug please, that is all lol

If I am not mistaken Legacy names etc are set in stone up to this point.

Not sure if this is going to change at some near future date or no

I have been playing since Dec 13th and got to Defector quest well before the 27th. I didn't have any dark side gains up to that point but I was afraid I wouldn't see the romance storyline if I didn't flirt with her at the first opportunity, so I tainted myself there and unwittingly triggered this bug. I'm level 50 now and I'm not considering starting over.

Just posted to add my name to this thread and help drive a fix from Bioware. I am also very disappointed as there is no mention of this problem in the next patch notes.

Just adding a new thread to the mix, in case dev's forgot, because we've had one response since launch (Kira's been bugged since the 15th, and before that in beta too).

"Known Issues" has a work around, for new players, who you already fixed it for...

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

This ^^^^

Just a reminder Bioware. Still wanting feedback/fix.

Like so many, I'm bugged too. All i'm asking from Bioware is to reply with a very simple answer if they are able to fix this bug for those that are affected.

I'm not even requesting an ETA from them on when it will be fixed. I believe with such a reply from them, it will at least give those that are affected a peace of mind to carry on playing with their toon till lvl 50 end game. Or else currently we are spit into 3 types of players which are:

A) Re-Roll

B) Suck it up & carry on playing (Which we are missing out on an important story line)

C) Stop playing that toon till we are fixed (Which god knows when)

Just feel very disappointed at the moment after spending so much time on my JK & in the end, all those effort much go to waste due to such a bug.....

guess i have another question, for those past the defector, if i were to just complete act 1 and get my legacy name, would i miss anything before romancing kira? Is there romance dialogue in the main quest through act 1? or is it later?

guess i have another question, for those past the defector, if i were to just complete act 1 and get my legacy name, would i miss anything before romancing kira? Is there romance dialogue in the main quest through act 1? or is it later?

As the post in bold letters state if not bugged you need to finish Act 1 so in answering the question "is there romance dialogue in the main quest through act one" likely as not except maybe random "click on her randomly and get some dialogue not overly bland"

*EDIT* As in no cut scene type dialogue

Edited by Spyderwraith

Okay let's clear this up one last time, all simple like.

If you have done the Defector quest, AND got the THREE Kira companion conversations that follow, but now do not have any more conversations with her then you're not bugged, and you just need to....

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

You will get more conversations after it. So, do that before you make another post claiming that you're bugged when you really aren't.

Jeez...

Also: the "talk on the ship" icon over your companion portrait when they don't have a actual conversation is a UI BUG that effect's all companions of all classes and has no effect on the game at all.

thats all well and good, however, it was a long time ago since i did that mission, i know i selected the ds flirt option, and another flirt that made her say she wanted to kiss me, but i dont remember an actualy kiss as ive heard ppl talk about and i HAVE just finished act1, and no convos as usual. finishing act1 did nothing at all other than make me rush thu the class story on alderaan to try to fix the bug.

thats all well and good, however, it was a long time ago since i did that mission, i know i selected the ds flirt option, and another flirt that made her say she wanted to kiss me, but i dont remember an actualy kiss as ive heard ppl talk about and i HAVE just finished act1, and no convos as usual. finishing act1 did nothing at all other than make me rush thu the class story on alderaan to try to fix the bug.

Then your bugged and have to wait

You misread it.

That post was for people who have done the Defector and are not bugged because they got the 3 you get immediately after then cry that they are bugged because she doesn't give any more past those 3 till after Act 1.

The kiss you have with her is...(companion quest spoiler)

During the 3rd companion conversation after The Defector.

If you have done the Defector and didn't get the 3 companion conversations with her, then you are bugged, and finishing Act 1 won't do anything for you.

Edited by SuperSair

Okay let's clear this up one last time, all simple like.

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

Jeez...

Hahaha, I am level 49, and have 9k affection, and still the progression with kira is stuck. Is there no more wise advise you want to share in caps?

But since you're too busy using the thing you have between your ears, you might want to reconsider.

Edited by Nimiuel

Well than I shal retire my JK for the time being. Just sick to my stomach over this now. I was really getting into the storyline of it as well. I just finished Chapter I and was about half way through Balmorra. I guess it's time to start up my Smuggler than.

Hahaha, I am level 49, and have 9k affection, and still the progression with kira is stuck. Is there no more wise advise you want to share in caps?

But since you're too busy using the thing you have between your ears, you might want to reconsider.

If that's the case, that post was not directed at you. We're trying to curb the number of people cluttering this thread asking if they are bugged, when they are not.

I find it quite amusing how Bioware puts resources into getting Babynames into the credits, instead of fixing gamebreaking things like this. I was really looking forward to see how the storyline with kira would unfold, but I guess Bioware has their hands full adding more useless opperations, and flashpoints, instead of fixing the actual game they released.

I'm lvl 50, finished all class quests, 10k affection. Nothing from Kira. Flirted with her on DK, got my 50 DS points (didn't know about the bug), nothing since.

When I rescued her in the last story quest, we kissed. That was the 2nd flirt option I'd seen and I jumped at it. Nothing since. No relationship, no further quests, nothing.

If that's the case, that post was not directed at you. We're trying to curb the number of people cluttering this thread asking if they are bugged, when they are not.

Then he should mention it in his post, becuase this thread is directed at people with this particular issue.