[POLL] Damage Meters

Shredderhead

I don't see a poll so, I'll just share the opinion.

I never had a problem with damage meters, when I used to play those other games. I do believe in maximizing potential, on a rotation, or a priority system if that's what a class has. I do believe in making the most of a skill tree. I do believe it should be used to put classes on par with each other in terms of damage output. Because if one class is under performing through no fault of the user, than that class needs to be buffed. On the other hand, if a tanking class let's say, is putting out dps almost on par with the dps class, than the tank damage should be nerfed, or it becomes to powerful of a class. (Yes I play a tank, and I've played them for over 8 years through out various mmos)

Having said all of that, while I love my dps meters, A-holes make a lot of people hate them. I completely understand their argument as well. Just because class A might put out slightly more damage than class B, a mini maxing guild may take class A instead just for that matter alone. Or if a guild was just trying to recruit one dps class, because their short on people that day, the person playing class B, who might be a better player will get passed up simply on because of the class he plays instead of player A, who may have little to no raid experience, even though their both dps classes. (Seen it happen before, not often but it has) All of a sudden a player gets shafted for having picked a class they enjoy playing. Or in a different scenario the person playing class B is told to respec to tank or heal, because their class isn't the dps monster that class A is.

Over all damage meters are a really nice thing to have. It's the community (well some in it) who make them suck, and have people dreading a repeat of WoW.

well put

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't needed them in any game, experienced all content from every game played- Do I need them? Not at all. Do others? Probably.

Do I see negative behavior towards players when they are used? Yep. Do I see positive behavior? Sometimes but it's been quite rare. I'm a community player, and vet of 4,8,10,40,100,200+ player raids throughout a long list of games, without the use of DM's- everyone had fun.

1 star, 1/2 or negative if it were possible.

Name a single raid you've done that requires 200+ people where dps matters. 200+ people world pvp doesn't need high dps, in fact, dps in pvp can't be measured by a damage meter.

I didn't say anything about getting kicked. I don't know where you get that from what I wrote. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I'll ditto that, I don't even know where you came from. Guess you just commented on a post I replied to some other person?

We cant have these children playing dodge ball cause eventually someone is going to lose.

I'm all for it, unfortunatley, in the weeks to come with the way Bioware has the game set up, I think you all are going to have larger problems on the table then talking some forceboy into removing their favorite animation from their rotation.

Oh sure lets add more to a buggy game. Besides damage meters really don't add to the game play. If anything damage meters are for people to look ubber and are over compensating short comings in other areas.

If a damage meter actually did something for the game play then i'd say sure but they don't. Besides since you can solo most of the game what use is a damage meter? Who are you going to out DPS?

Then don't group with them. It's like if your significant other continuously physically beat you over trivial stuff like leaving change in your pants, you still stay with them.

How can you compare anything that happens in an MMO to domestic violence? Sensationalize much?

Greetings everyone!

While we appreciate the constructive nature of this discussion, in order to consolidate feedback on this topic, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion here:

Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Thank you!

Edited by Ellvaan