Resolve Bar Changes

alpatalik

After dieing and killing ppl in stun-lock from 100% hp to 0 it seems that the resolve bar mustn't be working as intended. So I thought of this idea:

Each time you get damage while you have a CC on you, your resolve bar goes up proportional to the damage you receive, so you won't be stun-killed from 100 to 0 but each time you get heal the resolve bar will go down while you have a CC on you.

What do you think?

TL;DR

If you get CC'd, resolve bar goes up if you get damage, but resolve bar will go down if you get healed.

I think they should just remove resolve completely.

You don't understand the problem - which is basically that the resolve bar DOES work, it's just not relational. Meaning that if your getting CC'd by one opponent, the resolve counts towards that opponent only. Not the assist train that bascially CC's you to 0 health.

Resolve should be compiled and aggregate from all opponents instead of the current "sharded" method.

You don't understand the problem - which is basically that the resolve bar DOES work, it's just not relational. Meaning that if your getting CC'd by one opponent, the resolve counts towards that opponent only. Not the assist train that bascially CC's you to 0 health.

Resolve should be compiled and aggregate from all opponents instead of the current "sharded" method.

My experience says this is incorrect. I have filled an opponents resolve bar chaining stuns with an ally. However, both stuns will last full duration if chained properly assuming the player doesn't use their CC breaker.

Just make sure to save your CC breaker for the instant your resolve bar fills and you will be immune to CC till the bar drains.

It's actually quite elegant imo.

Edited by Rehash

My experience says this is incorrect. I have filled an opponents resolve bar chaining stuns with an ally. However, both stuns will last full duration if chained properly assuming the player doesn't use their CC breaker.

Just make sure to save your CC breaker for the instant your resolve bar fills and you will be immune to CC till the bar drains.

It's actually quite elegant imo.

If you are dead before the resolve bar is full it does not do you much good to breakk cc then.

• 1 month later...

1v1 Resolve works pretty good, but in fights with multiple people it's possible to coordinate to chain stun/mez someone like a healer or the ball character until they tear their eyeballs out from frustration. And resolve will go down if nobody stuns/mezzes you for a while also.

Plus, if you die, it drops back to zero which is where that "stunned all game" perception comes in.

Edited by Abanoth