To Anyone Considering Sniper/Gunslinger

swagnificent

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT pick it.

Re roll before it's to late or suffer the consequences.

lol, always like that when you cant play a class, has proberbly also posted a nerf that buff that thread.

I have a sniper lvl 50 and it has there ups and downs like all classes. Little harder to solo some stuff but still doing fine, are wanted in FP for dps and buff stats.

Edited by plsleo

If you want to pvp you should be worried, snipers are probably at the bottom for pvp survivability and utility while bringing less dps than anyone else due to ranged weapon damage being the best avoided/mitigated out there.

Then there is the general usability issues with cover in pvp. It doesn't work in tight places. It causes LOS issues because you might not be able to activate it near the edge of a platform.

Ability delay is more compounded for the sniper class because they have to use an ability to use an ability.

Roots are a very damaging cc to snipers because you cant enter cover rooted.

Most pulls or leaps can have a root attached so if you ever leave cover you get hit with one of these from 30m away and you are screwed. This makes LOSing a sniper really good because as soon as they exit cover to get a shot root becomes a hard CC whereas other ranged classes laugh at root.

If you play a lethality spec you'll have less of a cover issue, though it still exists as our knockback requires cover.

Lethality is screwed hard versus good merc or op healers though because of dispell. Assasins can also remove neagtive effects with an anti spell cd so they'll kill you easily any time it is up.

I'm seriously considering a sniper as my ALT, is there anything i should be worried about or this guy just hate the class?

No, nothing to worry about. I think he was trying to convience other people to try something else so he could stay a little more unique. There are not many slingers out there. The story can get lost at points when it just feels like a series of unrelated missions but the smugglers have some of the best lines! Lots of character.

Then there is the general usability issues with cover in pvp.

Of the three trees available to a gunslinger, one is cover orriented. Saboteur builds are actually very mobile.

The whole cover mechanic is different and some people never get used to it. I find it a lot of fun. But then I'm weird.

Of the three trees available to a gunslinger, one is cover orriented. Saboteur builds are actually very mobile.

The whole cover mechanic is different and some people never get used to it. I find it a lot of fun. But then I'm weird.

Incorrect. Saboteur builds are super immobile, perhaps the most immobile of all 3 specs.

They dont get an extra non cover shot like trickshot or wounding shots so will be even more dependent on charged burst, speed shot and sabotage charge for single target damage.

Your only good single target non cover skill (SC) is on an 18 second cd as an engineer/saboteur.

Incediary grenades main use is to throw it on your own head and not move. Your cover defence is a flat 6% compared to balistic dampners which encourages leaving cover to refresh it.

Edited by ducksmyth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.