Remove the Bubble

Sathid

It may not be in pve, but since it is yellow damage and ignores my heavy armor... and you have as much as or more health than I do as a tank.....

take all your armor off and stand still and don't attack... then you'll see how the tanks are feeling now....

Oh look, another person who doesn't know that energy damage gets mitigated.

OK, here's what you do. Open your character sheet, I assume you have no clue how to do that so press "c".

Then, scroll down to armour rating, and then damage reduction. See the percentage that shows up beside energy, that's the same as the one for kinetic? The percentage is how much damage is reduced from energy attacks. Such as lightning.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Best of all, you don't even have to take my word for it, you can check it for yourself!!

Come back and apologize for how wrong you are if you manage to figure out how to do what I just told you to... or, do option b and if you can't figure out my confusing instructions, make another post refusing to believe facts that are spelled out right in front of your face.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a qoute from sorc on the test forum,maybe you kids need to L2P

Im a Rank 60 Sorc and i have no prob to kill an Operative !!! I Have to kite ,dot, run , use near all of my Skills !! I say its not easy but after fight i stay with 50%+ life ... Maximum hit from an rank 60 operative was an 5k on me but its only the burst after that burst its defenetly to beat !

So stop QQing get same gear , learn to play ur class with all abilitys u have and u see that its possible to rip him !!

And now if u say , yeah but he uses stims etc ... for all PVPlers its a must have, to have this job !!!

I don't know if I should cry or laugh at this point...

Guess I'll go find the answer in my bed and sleep on it.

Anyone heard of blacklash ? you know that blind thingy after sorc shield brakes ? i think that is more than enough time to get in range for sorc and start beating scoundrel up and if you cant do that then plz l2p and if he does get in range again then you just overload root --> gain range again and unload dmg and if he still manages to get in range you got stun and force speed and after that you got overload out of cd more than likely. Also you got dot rolling up on the scounder 24/7 again so he wont gain other opener to you.

Sorc specs have lot more than 10 meter force lightning only if you would actually start using your kit more we would see lot more sorc is op whine here.

Backlash, Overload Root, and significant dps out of DoTs are all from talents, and I don't see how any of this has to do with a nerf to bubble which affects all Sorcs regardless of spec or if they do PvE or PvP. If someone made a logical argument for rearranging some talents in trees to make it harder to get the root or the blind or whatever, I'd take it a bit more seriously. Removing the shield is overkill, and is a bad route to take even if you think sorcs need a change in some way.

Maybe because I'm full Seer spec is why I don't see my class as OP. I don't have a root on overload. I don't have a blind when my shield breaks. I can't chain spam Tele Throw (Force Lightning).

It really seems like DPS sorcs is what people have the biggest issue with, so why are you suggesting a change to an ability that if removed would absolutely destroy the heal spec as a casualty of your war. If it's the CC/Damage you have a problem with, why is the Shield your crusade? I don't understand the logic.

You never responded to this,,,why?

You’re sullying yourself with your present approach to this; you’re cherry-picking posts to reply to and ignoring those that provide substantiated counterpoints or make recommendations on how you could prove your claim. This is the worst form of debating now; such a pity. Straw-men, rhetoric, fallacies, emotion, intuition, etc have no place in something akin to this. At this point, I sincerely hope you're a troll with lots of time on your hands.

You’re sullying yourself with your present approach to this; you’re cherry-picking posts to reply to and ignoring those that provide substantiated counterpoints or make recommendations on how you could prove your claim. This is the worst form of debating now; such a pity. Straw-men, rhetoric, fallacies, emotion, intuition, etc have no place in something akin to this. At this point, I sincerely hope you're a troll with lots of time on your hands.

I have im just tired of typing im debating with six or more people and looking over childish remarks and people attempting like you now to derail this conversation.

You never responded to this,,,why?

It's not that they have a bubble. It is that the cooldown is so short that they can immediately rebubble most of the time because it didn't collapse due to damage, it collapsed due to time. It is also the fact that it can be precast, since the duration is LONGER than the cooldown. That's like having the JK Saber Ward skill last 10 seconds but the cooldown only being 5. Currently, it lasts 10 secs, and the cooldown is 3 MINUTES (we do get 1 skill to reset it, and a slight self-heal, but that only works when companions are out - so not in pvp). Both skills the JG/SJ get to mitigate damage are on insane cooldowns, and neither block 100% of damage like the Sorc's bubble... and our armor does nothing against 95% of the damage we take in pvp. Unless someone is spamming autoattack on us, we're not mitigating anything with our heavy armor, since it only mitigates white damage.

Duel someone, let them hit you a few times, see what their attacks do when they hit, then when they crit.

Take your armour off, duel them again, see what their attacks do when they hit, then when they crit.

Or, do as I explained above with checking what your armour does and doesn't mitigate.

Death Field and Affliction are the only two abilities a pvp specced sorc has that ignore armour- you get a 10% mitigation against them if you have a sage on your team that buffs you. Every lightning ability is ENERGY damage, check your damage reduction in your character tab and read what percentage ENERGY damage is mitigated by and then notice how that changes when you take off your armour.

If someone specs into thundering blast or creeping terror, it also does internal damage but both are on CD, and most pvp builds ignore both.

Can you do this? Any of this, or will you just keep making more wrong posts being wrong?

The bubble blocks under 3k damage for the average WZ sorc- more if specced correctly, and more if in BM gear- I imagine a BM sorc gets close to 4k. A bubble that blocks 4k damage for a fully geared character with 16k health is not overpowered.

Yeah take away the only thing that keeps us alive for a few seconds.

ONE hit is what it takes to kill the bubble and after that Im dead in seconds to any decent melee player.

Doesnt take much to kill me out of stealth either,so what your point?

I have im just tired of typing im debating with six or more people and looking over childish remarks and people attempting like you now to derail this conversation.

I provided an avenue via which you could definitively achieve your end earlier yet you gave a weak, dismissive, and hollow response. What I stated was to try to prevent you ruining your own cause by seeming like an emotive, biased imbecile. In fact, sod you. Have fun being frustrated and investing effort because your present attitude will yield nothing but mockery.

Doesnt take much to kill me out of stealth either,so what your point?

That's really your only argument isn't it? "I can get killed out of stealth, so start nerfing other classes."

Well, I suppose it's the one thing you've said where you can't be easily proven entirely wrong about. I sure believe you when you say it doesn't take much to kill you.

Sorc has crappy range, does okay in Huttball geography, but anywhere else, you take that bubble, and the sorc is going to die to everything 1 on 1.

Maybe, but from my experience a group of 4 sorcs are virtually unbeatable, they cc any 4 opponents to the point where they can't do anything. All it takes is one merc to come along and pick off all 4 of you.

Maybe, but from my experience a group of 4 sorcs are virtually unbeatable, they cc any 4 opponents to the point where they can't do anything. All it takes is one merc to come along and pick off all 4 of you.

Any class of 4 is unbeatable if you are outnumbered.

That's really your only argument isn't it? "I can get killed out of stealth, so start nerfing other classes."

Well, I suppose it's the one thing you've said where you can't be easily proven entirely wrong about. I sure believe you when you say it doesn't take much to kill you.

Dont misquote me fungi,you already only respond to half the questions some have posed and dance around othhers and bury good responses here.

these 'nerf that class' threads are so meaningless. They really translate to 'you're nerfing me so nerf that guy!' --I'd respect your post more if it translated to 'buff my class so we can compete' rather than 'nerf everyone else so i can compete.'

Sorcerers need their bubbles removed and their dots need to be removed on death. I'm sick of killing 3 or 4 of them and having another dot me up and run away when all my cooldowns are spent.

TROLL, go live under a bridge and eat some children.

If you can't handle DOTs then you should just Alt-F4 when you see a sorc. You probably did that on WoW anyway.

Any class of 4 is unbeatable if you are outnumbered.

Indeed...

I don't know what all you other melee guys are complaining about... DPS Shadows (which I play) have NO WAY to close range at the click of a button yet I have not lost to a sorc in a 1v1 for a long while (atleast a week)... hell I have even killed two sorcs who tried jumping me 2v1 (I outgeared them).

Once they used all their toys your resolve bar is full and nothing they do anymore will stop you from killing them. You can't mindlessly rush a player and expect it to act like an NPC... you have to use your brain. Force them to use their CDs then burn yours.

I will let a sorc stack up their DoTs on me (waste a couple GCDs) and start their channeled ability just to pop my purge ability that makes me immune to force abilities for 3 seconds and dispels any on me.

The problem most of you have with sorcs is when you try to kill them using your magic two or three button rotation... Guess what... their 3 button rotation hurts more then yours.

Dont misquote me fungi,you already only respond to half the questions some have posed and dance around othhers and bury good responses here.

Misquote? I responded directly to your response to me... and you were trying to say that armour doesn't mitigate energy damage.

Do I need to quote you again to prove you said your armour only mitigates white damage from auto attacks?

Maybe we should go back and look at it again, and see that... oh look, it's still you saying that auto attacks are the only thing armour mitigates.

Like... seriously, what good responses? Please, bring up the one or two that you thought were best- and I'll prove you wrong there too.

Let's see... OP, asking for nerfs to sorc bubble and our stun (without an s at the end) and root (without an s). K, go, posts with something concrete and supporting a nerf for those two things.

4 of any class combo working smoothly together is a completely separate issue and not one I'm in the mood to beat like a dead horse at this time of night.

4 of any class combo working smoothly together is a completely separate issue and not one I'm in the mood to beat like a dead horse at this time of night.

No the problem is they have more CCs than other classes have to break the CCs. Not saying nerf the sorc, but give them another damage dealer/heal anything to take away one of those CCs. Don't know, maybe 4 of any set of abilities has the same effect when used together properly, but I haven't run into any other set of 4 people with the same advanced class.

No the problem is they have more CCs than other classes have to break the CCs. Not saying nerf the sorc, but give them another damage dealer/heal anything to take away one of those CCs. Don't know, maybe 4 of any set of abilities has the same effect when used together properly, but I haven't run into any other set of 4 people with the same advanced class.

You don't have to break every CC they throw on you. Eat a few of the short duration CCs (like when their bubble explodes). Stop opening with your range closing ability (save it for mid-fight). The only thing you should be CC breaking is Shock... all the other CC should just be waited out. If they play fast and loose with their CC they will quickly find a completely resolved target that nothing can keep off them.

This is how forums work. This is how classes get nerfed. With ridiculous made-up bs repeated ad nauseum until developers say screw it we don't want to see it anymore and nerf a class for no other reason than to shut people up. OPs already got destroyed on PTR so the forums are going to move onto the next class that killed somebody at some point. Right now, that'd be Sorcs since they're pretty easily the best warzone class in the game regardless of if they are OP or not.

You know everyone seems to have ignored th elephant in the stun room. electrocute gives you like 95% of your resolve bar. If we hit you with electrocute anything else will resolve you fully. So if we have used electrocute on you Congrats we're more or less screwed now. Any other of our abilities now puts you to 100% resolve, enjoy your free kill if we haven't vacated the area. Break electrocute, nothing else.

The whirling cc, the one that can be spec'd instant yeah that resolves you fully and breaks on damage. yay. WE CAN'T USE THIS ON YOU IF WE'VE ALREADY DOTTED YOU. btw how is flash bomb i heard it is a super cool aoe stun that can affect 20 people standing outside your base in ilum....

I believe there is a sticky about what resolve is and how it works... maybe some of the people crying in here about stuns should go read it.... It's kind of a big deal.

Edited by Antiks