The_Eyesight

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignorant post is ignorant.

lol ok then. do you have 12 years and 10+ MMOs under your belt? Don't think so.

regardless, I have made my point. ya'll random people can bash me senselessly all you want.

Edited by Aisar

regardless, I have made my point. ya'll random people can bash me senselessly all you want.

So you assume I dont have 12 years and 10+ mmo's???

You know that saying, when you assume you make a *** out of yourself?

No, I dont have 12 years of mmo's. I am however a indie game developer unlike you... you have 12 years of that?

See I can make assumptions too.

I don't care about whatever that is. We are talking about mainstream, newsworthy MMOs here. Comparing TOR (a C- at best)

To WoW, the king of MMOs. It's ridiculous.

you want to compare it fine.

WoW post Cata is entirely linear 1-60. you cannot go to another part of a zone and grab a quest without working your way along its predefined set path which in turn means you cannot randomly quest with anyone you meet.

it has no group quests at all. they were all removed in Cata. as were world bosses.

oh and btw a company that was once famed for its storytelling has been reduced to saying "ye we know this guy is a ***** but look he appeared from nowhere and through a guy off a cliff for doing what he was told. that means he's redeemed !"

the game is ts hemorrhaging players so bad its stock was downgraded in november before swtor even came out.

Edited by Sleekit

You gotta be kidding... this game isn't even remotely as good as WoW at launch. For one thing WoW had a working UI on launch. It's now 7 years later and Bioware can't even get that right!?

The mobs in WoW wandered around and talked to eachother, the mobs in this game stand their lifelessly waiting for you to kill them. WoW had live mounts at launch, Bioware has cited "technical difficulties" in bringing live mounts into this game. WoW had swimming, day/night cycles, sitting in chairs and lying down, critters that went around and actually attacked eachother, a combat log, secondary professions, ambient sounds, and a TON more little details ON LAUNCH.

You can't put out a game to compete with WoW and then have it be worse than WoW in nearly every facet save story... it should be common sense.

:rolleyes:

Different day, same meaningles rant.

When did you say your sub expires again?

Here's the video skip to 7:10 to see the developer talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2oieLb60k

Going and watching that video actually just shows how damn awesome Blizzard was, and how fast they responded to fixing issues and meeting demand, and how ultra quick it became the most popular MMO in history. You might be helping SWTOR haters more with that vid than not.

35 years of gaming and a damn sight more than 10 mmos here.

WC3 (and its STORY) drew me into wow. Arthas died and not a moment to soon. i will never go back much like i suspect the rest of the estimated (by Rob Pardo) 20+ million that the game has lost though its "merits".

i'm gonna piss myself when you all find out just how bad blizzard are at coming up with anything original when "titan" comes out (with its mandatory social networking and third party Activsion games on Battle.net :p )

Edited by Sleekit

Got more years and more MMO's under the belt if you want to get into a pissing contest? However, years and MMO's played mean nothing. WoW was and is a good game, no argument there. But for a lot of folks it has become so shallow it isn't funny. It's a Horses for courses thing Aisar. I just wish the WoW comparisons would stop as this game is not, nor ever said it would be WoW. It has similarities, (now watch that idiot come in with his ability comparisons) but that's it.

You either enjoy ToR or you don't. I happen to love it and the sooner "Ghostcrawlers God Squad" go back to their forums and lick his boots there the better.

Got more years and more MMO's under the belt if you want to get into a pissing contest? However, years and MMO's played mean nothing. WoW was and is a good game, no argument there. But for a lot of folks it has become so shallow it isn't funny. It's a Horses for courses thing Aisar. I just wish the WoW comparisons would stop as this game is not, nor ever said it would be WoW. It has similarities, (now watch that idiot come in with his ability comparisons) but that's it.

You either enjoy ToR or you don't. I happen to love it and the sooner "Ghostcrawlers God Squad" go back to their forums and lick his boots there the better.

Hey! shake your *****, this pissing contest is over.

Using the "WoW was made 7 years ago Bioware should know by now" is one of the stupidest arguments I have seen in these forums. Do you guys think that making a new game is like making a lego castle? It takes tons of coding, testing, and rewriting to get something working properly. This game was made from scratch, not as an emulator to some other game. My point here is that no matter how many games a developer has seen or played, no matter how many years pass, there will always be flaws in mechanics until it has been thoroughly tested by its actual player base and patched later. A lot of people think that employees have the omniscience of gods that they can successfully test every bug and glitch in the game. This will take decades.

Besides, it seems like Bioware moslty has the game they wanted and it appeals to a lot of people. It would be stupid to expect it to appeal to everyone. It's true that there are many flaws, but for some the pros outweigh the cons. Some argue that the flaw of the game does not lie in the bugs but in its essentials, like UI and combat for example. Some may have not noticed but Bioware announced that they are trying to fix these issues. Other than these, some problems are just a matter of opinion. I don't mind not having any swimming in the game for instance. However I hate the GTN system. Though this is no reason for me to hate the whole game. (I read yesterday about this one guy that quit cause he got his butt kicked by elite mobs...)

I think the only serious problem with this game is that it has a predecessor that was and still is pretty good, so it gives people a reason to bash it around as they see fit.

WoW had half of its servers down, no raids, and constant disconnecting when it first released and it's the biggest MMO ever.

Also don't listen to anyone who tells you "Nuh uh that's not true" I have a video from a Blizzard developer who talks about WoW in its early days.

Very true.

WoW had a lot more depth..cooking/fishing 8 races which weren't all humans with different colored skin. A lot more emotes. The stories aren't actually that bad if you read the quests which more people probably did in those days (for the first few levels at least). It even had chairs to sit on. It also had much more flamboyant animations which I think really help people get into a game. Better numbers. 2000-5000 life is a good number for max level HP for example I have no idea why bioware went with 10,000 off the bat. What are they going to do if they survive and keep increasing the level cap. Within a few years capped out characters will have like 1,000,000 hit points. eww.

All that being said this game also is fun it's just limited, the question is whether the core of the game, (story + game play) can make it so people forget about all those extra little things they expect. And maybe it can. I see that as possible with a few neat little changes to make things a little more funky and human and the big patch in march it might be able to hold it's spot in the mmo market no trouble. It has potential, now we will see whether the developers have the skill to let it reach those heights.

WoW did some things right and some things wrong... One of the nice things that WoW did right at launch was that everybody's armor FITS! (Ok excluding the shoulders that make you look like your an Atlas wannabe)

My hair (the short-greased back hair look) clips through any helmet I put on, on my Miraluka. My Twi'lek? Yeah, so many horrible things happening there.

I kinda wish they got the armor customizations down, I mean they have have like 2 races in this game, Humans (They all have a human model, but they're reskinned) and twi'leks.