Medals awarded to healers in Warzones

ResidentHero

Posted this in general discussion but it got bumped down to the second page with only one view. So I'll see if I can get any better response here:

I can go into a warzone and get 300k+ healing but only be awarded 3 medals.

2.5k heal

75k healing

300k healing

Or god forbid I only manage to get a measly 280k healing in a match, then I'm stuck with only getting two medals.

If I want to get even a passing amount of medals in a warzone, I need to spend almost as much time focusing on DPS as healing. So now I'm forced to do twice the work in an attempt to get an equal pay-off as tank or DPS classes. I mean, if I really cared about farming warzone commendations instead of winning matches, then as soon as I hit the 75k healing mark, I'd just quit healing and focus on DPS for the rest of the match. It may be a losing strategy, and it's certainly not how I want to play my healing class, but if I want to get my fair share of medals it's the best way to go.

So here are my suggestions to help healers get the credit they deserve:

1. Add a 200k healer medal. Make it so there's incentive to get more than 75k healing

2. Give healers credit for kills when they heal a teammate that kills an enemy

This would make it so that healers who do a decent job would at least get two additional medals per match as opposed to the 2 or 3 that we currently get.

Posted this in general discussion but it got bumped down to the second page with only one view. So I'll see if I can get any better response here:

I can go into a warzone and get 300k+ healing but only be awarded 3 medals.

2.5k heal

75k healing

300k healing

Or god forbid I only manage to get a measly 280k healing in a match, then I'm stuck with only getting two medals.

If I want to get even a passing amount of medals in a warzone, I need to spend almost as much time focusing on DPS as healing. So now I'm forced to do twice the work in an attempt to get an equal pay-off as tank or DPS classes. I mean, if I really cared about farming warzone commendations instead of winning matches, then as soon as I hit the 75k healing mark, I'd just quit healing and focus on DPS for the rest of the match. It may be a losing strategy, and it's certainly not how I want to play my healing class, but if I want to get my fair share of medals it's the best way to go.

So here are my suggestions to help healers get the credit they deserve:

1. Add a 200k healer medal. Make it so there's incentive to get more than 75k healing

2. Give healers credit for kills when they heal a teammate that kills an enemy

This would make it so that healers who do a decent job would at least get two additional medals per match as opposed to the 2 or 3 that we currently get.

I've healed from level 10 on up in this game and I agree with this post.

Absolutely insane that I get far fewer medals for no reason.

Edited by Choppaman

It's true that healer get less medals then dps. In dps im around 9-11 medals every game and as a healer I get around 6 to 8.

I've never gotten more than 6.

And that's with me being really aggressive trying to do absolutely everything at once.

It's a shame that DPS can pigeonhole themselves into merely just mindless zerging and get much greater rewards for it.

And then you see your team mates topping the DPS charts/medals in a Huttball match you lost 6-0. I'd like to think Bioware was not dumb enough to think people would actually play the BZ to win when they reward the DPS for not playing to win. Then again, Bioware has already proven me wrong many, many times with their lack of common sense.

I've had 9 medals. It really doesn't take that much to do to get 5+ medals at Rank 50 / good gear.

2.5k Heal, 5k Heal, 75k Healed, 300k Healed.

Killing Blow, just toss your insta's out can get you it.

5 Kills, you just have to damage a player with your insta dot to get credit for a kill.

10 Kills and 25 Kills same as above.

75K damage, should be feasible aswell.

Solo Kill, find someone who's low on health and go finish up seems to work.

1k Defender Points, depending on the objective

3k Defender Points same again.

But since they changed it so that Rakata Medpacs no longer give DPS 2 medals, I think it's much better. Just throw out any insta's you have whenever you can etc.

http://i40.tinypic.com/nfjqjo.jpg

500k healing, 5 medals

/flex

You're /flexing over farming a worse geared, less organized team at their spawn for 10 minutes?

OT, give healers more medals. Give us kill credit on targets we've healed for the last 10 seconds or whatever. Give us more credit than the zero we are currently getting.

I've had 9 medals. It really doesn't take that much to do to get 5+ medals at Rank 50 / good gear.

2.5k Heal, 5k Heal, 75k Healed, 300k Healed.

Killing Blow, just toss your insta's out can get you it.

5 Kills, you just have to damage a player with your insta dot to get credit for a kill.

10 Kills and 25 Kills same as above.

75K damage, should be feasible aswell.

Solo Kill, find someone who's low on health and go finish up seems to work.

1k Defender Points, depending on the objective

3k Defender Points same again.

But since they changed it so that Rakata Medpacs no longer give DPS 2 medals, I think it's much better. Just throw out any insta's you have whenever you can etc.

Right, so all I have to do to get my fair share of medals is get 300k healing, 75k damage, have enough surge rating to get a 5k heal, get 3k defender points if I'm lucky (how does a Mercenary even get defeneder points? I seem to get a little somehow but I have no idea which of my skills does it), and focus on DPS about 1/4 of the time.

Seems fair.

Right, so all I have to do to get my fair share of medals is get 300k healing, 75k damage, have enough surge rating to get a 5k heal, get 3k defender points if I'm lucky (how does a Mercenary even get defeneder points? I seem to get a little somehow but I have no idea which of my skills does it), and focus on DPS about 1/4 of the time.

Seems fair.

Totally reasonable.

If you play Civil War and defend the turret throughout the match you will get the 3k medal quite easily. Not sure if it works in the other warzones.

I can get 300k/75k quite easily with my gear etc. At lower levels it was very hard.

My Stats

But 5k heal is possible and as you get better gear, 5k heals will eventually get you to 300k easier.

But you can see what I mean, yuo don't even have to get the 75k medal, to get the 10 kills. I just throw out my hots on any target I see that is taking damage, then switch back to heal if need be. If healing isn't needed I'll switch to DPS/Dots, I always cast my DOT's so if players run out of LOS / range, I'm still damaging them etc.

The lack of healer love in Warzones has been around for awhile now but I still completely agree with OP. There's less and less reasons to be a healer in them besides the self satisfaction of keeping a team alive. (Even with a -30% healing debuff)

Some suggestions for the Bioware team on Medals.

If a healer is healing someone who kills someone x5 / x10 kills.

Healing the ball carrier in Huttball x3 / x5 assists

Saving someone sub 15% health

Cleanse // Purge medal : x15 / x30 / x45 (There's actually a real lack of people that cleanse/purge etc)

Tanks get 3 medals for being tanks, Healers get 3 medals for being healers, then the rest is dps/kill/objective medals.

All dps can get either healing or tanking medals.

Perhaps the 300k medal needs to be dropped down to 100k, then healers will feel better about dps'ing and healing.

Also Healing is the easiest of all the medals to exploit. So you aren't getting sympathy from me.

I honestly don't think more are needed. Classes aren't able to ONLY heal and making the most of your class it what it should be about. As I said, it's easy to get 6 medals, the 4 healing ones, killing blow and the 5 kills purely by tossing a dot out on a low health target.

Tanks get 3 medals for being tanks, Healers get 3 medals for being healers, then the rest is dps/kill/objective medals.

Perhaps the 300k medal needs to be dropped down to 100k, then healers will feel better about dps'ing and healing.

Also Healing is the easiest of all the medals to exploit. So you aren't getting sympathy from me.

I don' t know if any medal thresholds need dropping. I just know we need to get kill credit from teammates that we heal.

In a perfect world, the medal system would either be heavily reworked or scrapped, because in its current incarnation it does nothing but encourage bad play.

If you play Civil War and defend the turret throughout the match you will get the 3k medal quite easily. Not sure if it works in the other warzones.

I can get 300k/75k quite easily with my gear etc. At lower levels it was very hard.

My Stats

But 5k heal is possible and as you get better gear, 5k heals will eventually get you to 300k easier.

But you can see what I mean, yuo don't even have to get the 75k medal, to get the 10 kills. I just throw out my hots on any target I see that is taking damage, then switch back to heal if need be. If healing isn't needed I'll switch to DPS/Dots, I always cast my DOT's so if players run out of LOS / range, I'm still damaging them etc.

Well my crit multiplier on my BH is 72.73%, so higher than yours but I've never gotten a 5k crit, they sit around 4.8k on my large heal. Of course I only have 370 expertise to your near 500. I have full champ PvP gear -4 pieces, the rest being high level purple PvE gear. I certainly don't feel undergeared, though it could be a little better. Still, the amount of medals I get is laughable compared to other classes.

Except being a tank naturally involves DPSing. Being a healer doesn't.

Also, I don't "exploit" when I play, so whatever you're referencing to healers exploiting medals isn't helping me any.

Edited by ResidentHero

Actually good healers can dps as well. soo...

While I agree that healers should get kill credit for healing people that are killing (gabe amatagelo fail) There is nothing stopping good healers from doing the same thing, tagging things being killed.

Also, I don't "exploit" when I play, so whatever you're referencing to healers exploiting medals isn't helping me any.

He probably was referring to the Rakata Medpack giving people the 5k heal medal. IIRC, they fixed that. Other than that, there's no exploitation that I'm aware of.

Actually good healers can dps as well. soo...

While I agree that healers should get kill credit for healing people that are killing (gabe amatagelo fail) There is nothing stopping good healers from doing the same thing, tagging things being killed.

Of course healers can do that, but it takes time away from healing and if I want to maximize my effectiveness on the team my time is better spent healing than "marking targets." It's also just an unnatural mechanic for a healer. "Oh, this guy is close to dead so let me tap him real quick with my spammable attack so I get credit. Apparently keeping 5 people alive wasn't credit enough."

EDIT: And I do DPS when it's advantageous to do so (or when the DPSs on my team just can't do their jobs by themselves). Like I pointed out in my original post, healers CAN get medals this way, but it means they have to play to their weaknesses instead of their strengths.

Edited by ResidentHero

Oh, you mean 3x2 medals right? Because last I checked u had "overall protection" medals and "protection done this life" medals.

And well, however you do play, you can't get around that healers have fewer available medals! Leading to an overall average lack of medals for healers.

/thread