UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Ordered on 31 July... but didn't get my code from Amazon until November... Wish purchase date mattered.

Can't really blame them for that. It is not like 3rd party retailers have your account information to send and they probably would never agree to put that extra strain on their own companies because it would set a precedent.

this is what mine said

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.02.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.25.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

So mine was put in on the 25 hoping i get in soon

Should change the name of this thread to speculative arm chair conjecture complaints. Everyone relax. It's happening. Only children stomp around the house complaining. I know the details have been vague as I am sure the devs aren't 100% sure of anything at this point.....except that this game is amazing. :D

where does it say on the site what dates r getting in or u just going off the forums here?

Just going off the forums, and twitter, and stuff.

Lot of people from 7/21 were complaining they didn't get in with the first wave.

Some people from 7/22 claim they got in with the second.

So yeah.

for those of u waiting for your hard copy to come in the mail. the game doesnt release officialy until the 20th so hard copies dont ship until then. just an fyi

Not true. Some are already shipping. It depends on the vendor.

Besides, imagine all those angry people having to wait for their copies that shipped 5 days before Christmas (heavy shipping traffic) who could not play until it arrives.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

Soooooo basically if you didnt enter your code until october because of problems with getting the code from gamestop (like me) or later your SOL for today..

great... just freaking great

I really don't understand why they couldn't send out emails to everyone stating..."your early access begins on this date and at this time".

They know people are excited to play and some may not get early access for a few days. Making them wait around and wonder just seems a bit rediculous.

Just guessing here but I imagine it's due to not really knowing how thier infrastructure would handle the load and being able to slowly ramp it up allows them time to adjust things better for us as players.

Give a person a time frame and not hit it would be worse mo.