UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you do. If not then that means they are going REALLY slow and some folks will get one day. A lot of folks will be mad at that. I think and hope they are aiming to give all pre-orders 5 days.

I think they'll increase the amount of players invited for the next few waves. They obviously have to monitor server load / population spread, so expect a few hours between each wave.

We'll all get to play - patience is a virtue.

- Elim

I ordered the first day it came out but didn't realize I had to actually go to the website and redeem the code until September 7th... LOL and I told myself back then "Not a big deal.. I will just wait a bit longer.." Yet here I am just chilling on the forums.. :).

I can't wait to play this game again, and properly this time too :) I entered my code on the 28/07/11 (due to GAME UK's policy, but don't mind as I got the collectors edition) hopefully I should get in today or tomorrow, but I don't mind I just can't believe its finally released.its been 3 long years in the wait

Good luck to everyone and have fun :w_smile:

For those who pre-order in July first 5 days will probably get in today( about 200k people) they said alot of ppl will be invited today gradualy sending waves of invite( im not sure about the interval) but i heard its ea 4 hours( can any1 confirm this?)

this is my opinion

heres a question for you guys...

because of a goof up at gamestop.. i didnt get my code until 2 months after i preordreed.. i called them and they read it to me over the phone right... i enetered it and it worked.

the thing im wondering (since the reason i wasnt in the first wave of invites is because of gamestop) is this...

if i cancel my preorder from gamestop.. and order via origin (and just dont use the pre-order code i get from them) i should be fine to keep my pre-play status and crystal.. correct? all i should have to do is enter the product key on the 20th so it shows i paid for the game.. or is the pre-order key and the product key from orgin the same number? If it is.. then i dont wanna screw up my pre-game status and lose my crystal or something...

thoughts?

People are stating the first wave is very VERY small. One guy saw around 100 people on the server, another saw 13 people in his zone. I hope I do as well but I'm not setting myself up for a letdown lol.

Hopefully there are a lot of waves.

With that said I keep getting Emails and they are psyching me out!

how were they not prepared for this?

How about they are prepared for this. Most people only expected to get in on December 15th onwards. They are doing folks a favor. I am not sure if you are used to MMO launches but a lot of times folks can't even play because servers are overloaded and crashing because everyone is trying to swarm in at once.

They are completely prepared for this.. its just some of you are being inconsiderate entitled babies about it.

heres a question for you guys...

because of a goof up at gamestop.. i didnt get my code until 2 months after i preordreed.. i called them and they read it to me over the phone right... i enetered it and it worked.

the thing im wondering (since the reason i wasnt in the first wave of invites is because of gamestop) is this...

if i cancel my preorder from gamestop.. and order via origin (and just dont use the pre-order code i get from them) i should be fine to keep my pre-play status and crystal.. correct? all i should have to do is enter the product key on the 20th so it shows i paid for the game.. or is the pre-order key and the product key from orgin the same number? If it is.. then i dont wanna screw up my pre-game status and lose my crystal or something...

thoughts?

Yeah, you should be fine. If you preordered, you'll get in EGA based on that. Your live game code wont apply until Dec 20th.