Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Have you seen a major drop-off in players on your server?

Jornas

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We had 280 people on fleet lastnight befor prime, after we got to 310 but most of us were off doing stuff. I'd say were still doing fine. Granted were going to have another wave of subs comming soon as the ones that shy off from the first while it's been out start comming in.

My server hasn't gone above standard in a week and a half.

And there are now maybe 2 or three servers (Swiftsure and harbinger) that ever go above standard outside of prime time, and prime time lasts about 4 hours (about 5 PM PST to 9PM PST.) on weeknights.

The European pops are much healthier. They still have a majority of heavy servers even during off hours and many still go very heavy or full. Not the NA servers. Well over half did not go above Standard last night. You're never going to get better pops than you get during peak on the weekends. There are about 25-30 too many servers in NA at the moment, no doubt. 50-60 of them should be merged together.

Edited by Mannic

Nope. Actually seen a good 30-50% increase. Instead of a normal 200 on fleet at primetime, there is about 300 now.

People who say the game is dying are trolls, because they don't know anything.

Republic Niman, lucky to see it above 100 at prime time.

Hop on empire, wow , so active :(

Edited by ChrisJSY

And there are now maybe 2 or three servers (Swiftsure and harbinger) that ever go above standard outside of prime time, and prime time lasts about 4 hours (about 5 PM PST to 9PM PST.) on weenights.

I'm going to take issue with this section. I do think there are too many servers for a launch, but prime time is much longer than 4 hours. You are only taking in one timezone for the US. When you also add in prime time for CST and EST, its much longer.

I actually start seeing heavys pop up around 4-5 pm cst, but they last well into 1am cst. The WEST servers are the last to lose their heavy pop and the last to gain it usually. So really its more about 2/3pm pst up until 10 or 11 pst.

I also dont htink they will merge servers. WoW hasnt done that yet, and some of their servers are even more abysmal than here. I know, i was on two of them.

Edited by Clova

Now that we're in to the first suscribed month, I was wondering if people are seeing a huge drop-off on their servers.

I haven't seen that big a drop-off, but then again I'm on a heavily populated server.

I've noticed it drops off during the week, but it picks back up on the weekend.

I'm going to take issue with this section. I do think there are too many servers for a launch, but prime time is much longer than 4 hours. You are only taking in one timezone for the US. When you also add in prime time for CST and EST, its much longer.

No, I'm talking about the peak hours for all servers from my perspective on the West Coast. Prime time just in my time zone is 7 to about 10 or 11 PM. But there aren't more than a handful of heavy servers in NA until about 7 or 8PM EST, which is 4 or 5 on the West Coast. I'm talking weeknights, of course. You can extend prime time about three hours in both directions on weekends.

No, I'm talking about the peak hours for all servers from my perspective on the West Coast. Prime time just in my time zone is 7 to about 10 or 11 PM. But there aren't more than a handful of heavy servers in NA until about 7 or 8PM EST, which is 4 or 5 on the West Coast. I'm talking weeknights, of course. You can extend prime time about three hours in both directions on weekends.

I still see quite a lot of heavies even on the weekdays. I've logged in at about 12am cst and while this is the time EAST will have lost their pop, i do ocationally see Heavy on weekdays. Yeah I'd subtract the end time by a couple hours, but it isnt nealy as short as you put it even on the weekdays. Maybe i just misread or took that 4 hours thing out of context.

I guess the way i see it is the servers are more like a rolling ocean (or rolling bell curve :p ) where prime time for a certain region in only 4-5 hours, but for the U.S as a whole it is a bit longer.

Edited by Clova

Nope. Actually seen a good 30-50% increase. Instead of a normal 200 on fleet at primetime, there is about 300 now.

People who say the game is dying are trolls, because they don't know anything.

Or their server is actually dieing.

What some of you that are so quick to dump the troll word on people dont realize is theres some servers that are losing players or have low pops.

While some servers might be unaffected and others growing, their are def servers dieing and have low pops especially for republics.

Leave your ignorance and labeling at the door when you reply to me.

Now that we're in to the first suscribed month, I was wondering if people are seeing a huge drop-off on their servers.

I haven't seen that big a drop-off, but then again I'm on a heavily populated server.

Yes it's far too quiet and planets are pretty dead :(

Or their server is actually dieing.

What some of you that are so quick to dump the troll word on people dont realize is theres some servers that are losing players or have low pops.

While some servers might be unaffected and others growing, their are def servers dieing and have low pops especially for republics.

Leave your ignorance and labeling at the door when you reply to me.

Last night it was 75 servers, or about 60%, that never went above standard.

Yeah, if you're on one of the 45 that were heavy or the two that were full most of the night, things probably seem fine. All that does is accentuate the point that those other servers should be merged.

Yeah, if you're on one of the 45 that were heavy or the two that were full most of the night, things probably seem fine. All that does is accentuate the point that those other servers should be merged.

Yeah mergers are needed for the more quiet ones. Would be so much nicer.

+1

There is no need to have ~120+ servers, when more than half aren't even hitting high cap. Start grouping them up and you'll see a BIG improvement in feedback from the community.

The game is dead, went from 2million players down to a few hundred at best.

NOT

Why feel the need to post such useless threads?.I just wasted 5 minutes of my life. Can you please give it back to me?

I think there has rather been an increase in players, as there seems to be more and more people on lower level areas, at least on the republic side. And the Empire always has lots of people. But it is no surprise since the server I play on is the only RP-PvP server. Edited by Merwanor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.