FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EA (Picture)

Haajib

People keep using this argument, and it is entirely flawed.

Sith Sorcerer has the lightening....lo and behold after 30 years of the Star Wars movies where Lightening was a defining factor of the Sith, people want to play the class that most resembles their "experience" of the Sith.

Just because people play it doesn't make it unbalanced, given the context.

If everyone in Star Wars was playing a Sniper, a role never defined in any of the movies, you might have a point, but when the role is one that mirrors the bloody EMPEROR of the Sith to a tee....why are people surprised that it is a well subscribed to class?

Yeah, was about to say this myself. Original trilogy, what was the defining sith sexiness? Either a lightsaber or shooting freaking lightning from your fingertips (Now, young Skywalker, you will die). Episode 1 comes out and Darth Maul introduces the double-sided lightsaber to the masses, a new tier of holy-****-that's-so-cool! A class comes out with BOTH of those features. Tons of people play it. Must be OP.

I have no trouble with sorcerers as a pve spec tactics vanguard. They have a lot of trouble if you just shut them down and play intelligently. If you just stand there and let them fry your *** then you deserve to die. UUUUNLIMITED POOOOWWWEEEERRR!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep using this argument, and it is entirely flawed.

Sith Sorcerer has the lightening....lo and behold after 30 years of the Star Wars movies where Lightening was a defining factor of the Sith, people want to play the class that most resembles their "experience" of the Sith.

Just because people play it doesn't make it unbalanced, given the context.

If everyone in Star Wars was playing a Sniper, a role never defined in any of the movies, you might have a point, but when the role is one that mirrors the bloody EMPEROR of the Sith to a tee....why are people surprised that it is a well subscribed to class?

Not only that, but it seems more logical to reason that since so many people roll Sorcerer, the likelihood of encountering good ones increases as well. The kill/ death ratio doesn't mean much in wzs anyway. That guy could've just been hanging in the background and finishing people off who were at 1/4 health or lower and picked up those stats.

HAHAHA,

what a fail post

ppl roll assassins cause it freaking cool to launch tons of lightnings or mash ya head with double bladed lightsaber

assassins are pretty weak as a class in swtor,

sorcerers are bit overrated

learn their skills and playstyle

it is no longer for operatives 1 stun 1 kill, rinse and repeat

Having that many kills and no deaths is not a difficult thing for any class as long as you have a good healer and team AND gear. Not sure how this has anything AT ALL to do with nerfing an Assassin?

What is wrong with you kiddies anyways? You see 1 ops nerf and you think the devs are just going to dumb down the entire game so you can ezmode everything? As if this game wasn't faceroll enough already?

Having that many kills and no deaths is not a difficult thing for any class as long as you have a good healer and team AND gear. Not sure how this has anything AT ALL to do with nerfing an Assassin?

What is wrong with you kiddies anyways? You see 1 ops nerf and you think the devs are just going to dumb down the entire game so you can ezmode everything? As if this game wasn't faceroll enough already?

nono, look at all the Sith as/sorc look at how many kills they got, then look at how many times they actually died to someone, you can clearly see that something terrible wrong here

nono, look at all the Sith as/sorc look at how many kills they got, then look at how many times they actually died to someone, you can clearly see that something terrible wrong here

or they just had a better team. or had a healer. or focus fired and communicated their targets.. or assisted each other.. God forbid people play as a TEAM!! and keep each other alive

People you forget

" There is no Ignorance there is knowledge. "

What level was he?

What gear was he wearing?

What crafting was he using?

What tree did he spec in and whats his spec?

Was he in a pre-made or pug?

Was in Voice chat?

Did he have a Healer friend?

did he work well in a team and help focus fire?

What was the skill of the guys he was fighting?

What was the gear of the guys he was fighting?

Were they a pre-made or pug?

etc etc etc

Too many unknown varibles make any opinion on this matter a moot point.

I think its just a imbalance problem within a problem , too many people played Imperial and they found Assassin to be an enjoyable class to play , I myself started as an assassin before switching to Consular , Its only an opinion but i found assassin slightly easier to play in pvp than the few other classes i have tried , im not saying they are better just for me easier.

When people get around 30 kills per death it makes me think, what the hell EA is doing?

And that's your big mistake right there.

Instead, you should start asking what the hell those players are doing. You know, analysing the situation properly instead of blaming the people who are marketing this game and have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the game design itself.

As for number of kills , I dont personaly know exactly how it is worked out but the last match i played i got 26 kills and 1 death , now i know i actualy got more like 4 or 5 kills and spammed a load of dammage about where i could just being part of a team , I also got some kills from healing others? enlighten me if you know how it works ......... so 40 kills is not what i call 40 kills , more like killed 8 and helped kill the rest ?

sorry OP, gonna have to disagree. As a shadow I've had my fair share of moments where I got focused down in seconds and times when I had crazy healer support and became an unstoppable wrecking machine. Our queue times are 10 minutes max, but I've only seen that when running premades. Tarentatek is a heavy imp server, but rebels still keep pressing on regardless. we're still trying to catch up and even out the playing field and fight down the insane number of advantages imps have gotten, and 8'm personally patient enough to let Bioware work. I don't find it reasonable to argue they've had 5yrs etc considering how large MMO's and how nay people they're dealing with come launch.

back on topic, I'm not going to yell at you and say get good or anything but rather leave and come back if that suits you better or buckle down and wait. And yes level an alt, play with your skill tree, explore, raid enemy territory, etc.

I've said my peace. have fun out there :)