Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

This guys has it right. Also, if you check that video of the Merc with only Tracer Missile, he's fighting people who are NOT 50. They do NOT have gear. They do NOT know how to play their classes. They do NOT know how to fight other classes. That video proves nothing.

Also, I am not a trooper.

Every day i'm amazed at people that ARE 50 , and do not know how to play their classes , nor how to play the warzones and whats the point of objectives.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every day i'm amazed at people that ARE 50 , and do not know how to play their classes , nor how to play the warzones and whats the point of objectives.

The bounty hunter using the tracer missle spam in that video never copped aggro.

I didnt watch to see if there were actually 8 republic players (probably not) but if there were they sucked, because no one even attempted to attack the guy spamming 4k crits at them.

If you see a guy shooting a giant rocket at you, its time to kill that guy.

Mercs really dont have much defense when you start hitting them.

Heavy Armor isnt really heavy, they just call it that for show.

In that video he gets owned as soon as he gets a 50 ON him, until his friends show up and save him, first by a shadow and then by a sentinel, and none of those have pvp gear while he does, the sentinel even does more damage then him, faster

I swear to god you didnt see them throw demolition round and high impact bolt to you even though they did, seriously even idiots know not to spam 1 ability if they have even 2 more on their arsenal to make you dead faster....

Correct, most only see the tracer/grav. Yes it does damage, but so does other classes skills, and more at that..and faster. People dont see the Demo or HiB and only think its tracer/grav.

I almost never see any grav/tracer users finish highest on damage in warzones. Sentinels/Marauders, well played Inquisitors and Assault trooper/bh finish higher if they have champion gear

Edited by SeloDaoC

In that video he gets owned as soon as he gets a 50 ON him, until his friends show up and save him, first by a shadow and then by a sentinel, and none of those have pvp gear while he does, the sentinel even does more damage then him, faster

Correct, most only see the tracer/grav. Yes it does damage, but so does other classes skills, and more at that..and faster. People dont see the Demo or HiB and only think its tracer/grav.

I almost never see any grav/tracer users finish highest on damage in warzones. Sentinels/Marauders, well played Inquisitors and Assault trooper/bh finish higher if they have champion gear

Id just like to say, Powertech/Vanguard pvp gear gives a 15% chance to crit with high impact bolt, which costs no heat/ammo to use, ignores 60 percent of armor, and works together with 3 dots and a 15 second cooldown burst grenade.

Everyone has strong attacks, the only person who can derp their strong attack on you, stun you, slow you, reduce your armor, and disappear with with 2 buttons = Op/Scound

I don't believe playing an op/scoundrel is that easy but anyway i understand how people get pissed at it even if i don't really have any issues with dying to them personnaly.

Being an annihilation spec ( sustained dps ) marauder i only have 1 reliable skill that can hit over 3k if it crits , and its on a 12 to 15 second cooldown and costs half my ressource bar ( that i have to build up first ) . It doesn't mean i can't do a crapload of damage in a very short time , i do believe i can do similar or more damage over the same period of time than a guy spamming tracer missile or grav round, ofc it requires more work but for me thats the fun part.

Also people bringing that BH youtube video with the guy having only 1 button on the macro realise he made it on purpose right ?

He can probably play the class better and not die to other 50s etc with his normal setup. Don't take this too seriously.

Wish i could heal for 2k.

I didnt realize that healing for 2k wasnt a lot.

Im a tank btw, I know im crazy for not rolling one of the many classes that can tank, dps, and heal at the same time and say "my heals arent that great"

I can just tank.

no 2k heals are complete garbage when you can do that much damage with the base attack in the same amount of time that it takes to go off.

and could easily do about 5k in that time span using actual attacks.

so its cool when you curl up in a corner and use it to reheal yourself.

but its slower than the stationary heal that every class has...

and only benifits you when you hide enough to get 1 heal off as the enemy is trying to follow you.

which is less than even a medpack does.

This guys has it right. Also, if you check that video of the Merc with only Tracer Missile, he's fighting people who are NOT 50. They do NOT have gear. They do NOT know how to play their classes. They do NOT know how to fight other classes. That video proves nothing.

Also, I am not a trooper.

Still missing the point.

Tracer missle doesnt hit hard ?

i was on my powertech and it was...

Dead

Rough stuff

So you just stood there and did nothing while he shot you that many times huh?

Tracer does 2000-2500.

Grav Round does 800-1200.

Grav round is nothing but filler to get Full Auto off CD and prime high impact bolt and demolition round. Tracer round is better than Full Auto and has no knockback. Full Auto is only better if all 3 hits crit. Even then it is inferior because of the 15 sec CD. A BH can outright kill you in half that time spamming tracers.

My GR normal hits are 1500-1800 and crits for 2500+

Lie much?

Also, I just switched from gunnery to Assault and I can say that for WZs it's far and away better.

It's definitely not OP (Tracer Missile). You just have to figure out how to beat it. Walk out of range, or behind an obstacle/wall etc, stun/interrupt and kill. I only use tracer missile when it's necessary, spamming it is stupid if you're fighting against players who aren't idiots.

If you are fighting against idiot players, abuse the missile and win :)

Edited by Prekesh

Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

By the way, yesterday I finally met two smart players: one was the rebel version of pyro merc (the name escapes me), the other a smuggler (not sure which type).

We were doing the spaceship arena, this was in two different matches.

What they did was going behind a pillar or a crate, running out to fire at me, then back to cover.

I couldn't do much against them because indeed tracer missile etc were pretty useless.

I did try to get los and even chased them, but I soon realized they were both smart, would keep chaning position to lose los and when I chased they'd either finish me off or run to their group and focus on me.

Bravo to them, that's how you counter an Arsenal Merc if you lack the firepower/healing/stuns (either due to template or cooldowns) for a face-to-face approach.

It's really a matter of l2p, as much as I hate to use that word.. Arsenal Mercenaries hit hard, but can be easily countered: learn to counter.

Tracer Missle does quite a bit of damage, but you cant use it alone. The only time I spam it is on a target that is already stunned and not moving and I don't have the threat of being butt-pounded while I setup a base camp to start firing TM's. I have to be able to know i can kill him in 4 or 5 hits max and accept that I'll be pretty heated afterwards.

For short term DPS Tracer Missle 5x will do the most damage but create a heat problem - you can't continue doing damage if you're overheated so after 5x TM you might as well just blow yourself up. However - long term you actually do more damage over time if you cycle Unload and Rail Shot with your TM since unload can be kicked up 25% and cooldown instantly every ~6 seconds by TM so the most effective way to play is to use the other abilities that have perks in the Arsenal Tree to manage your heat better and keep yourself mobile by throwing in instant or near-instant skills frequently.

I rarely find myself left alone long enough to overheat anyway, I constantly have to find better positioning, run or use auxiliary skills to help the team in ways other than DPS.

Another reason it feels spammed is because it creates the debuff, every time you find a new target the 100% best way to setup killing them is to get 1(2sigs) 2(4sigs) or 3(5 signatures : max) tracer missles on them to maximize their debuff. Then when you switch targets you have to pop the debuf again so start slamming some TM's. I suppose if you're just facerolling everybody on the map or targetting weak people then you'll see plenty of TM spam.

The only fix i see is to reduce the debuf and increase the damage of a different skill with 1.5 second cycles.

LOLZ WTH IZ WITH THE LIGHT SABER SPAM?

Edited by zerobounds

I don't vote for a "nerf" (as in making the BH weaker), but they should really build in some synergy so you have at least to build something up (debuff / crit) to reach the damage numbers with tracer missile, not just *derp* away with one key.

I don't vote for a "nerf" (as in making the BH weaker), but they should really build in some synergy so you have at least to build something up (debuff / crit) to reach the damage numbers with tracer missile, not just *derp* away with one key.

The talents related to tracer build the synergy and debuff the armor of the target. The damage tracer does is purely from the fact that the Arsenal/Gunnery specs have a flat 35% armor pen and their spammy attack builds another 20%.

Know what other class had 50% armor pen? Operative/Smuggler (pre-nerf)

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

you sir have no clue of our class.

The talents related to tracer build the synergy and debuff the armor of the target. The damage tracer does is purely from the fact that the Arsenal/Gunnery specs have a flat 35% armor pen and their spammy attack builds another 20%.

Know what other class had 50% armor pen? Operative/Smuggler (pre-nerf)

Guess which one is interrupt-able and therefor manageable?

Actually it goes more like..

Tracer Missile Away! .... cant see target.. crap

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. Cant see target.. crap

Chase...

Tracer Missile Away!! ... cant see target... /groan

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. cant see target.. /sigh

chase..

Traser Missile Away!!.. cant see target... /punchmonitor

LOLed hard