Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't understand. It IS the most effective tactic. All of your skill points are tied into Grav Round/Tracer Missile, and you have to spam it a total of five (5) times to max out the stacking debuff for maximum effect.

Again, a little research goes along way: You only need to fire off 3 Tracers / Gravs to get full stacks, because there is a talent that gives you 2 stacks per shot.

Also it is not in anyway the most effective tactic. Rail shot, Unload + Barrage Proc, and Heatseeker all do more damage for less heat.

If you see a Merc / Commando sitting there spamming tracer missile, be glad, because he could be doing lots of other things that would be way worse for you to be on the receiving end of.

Edited by Shardsy

you didn't watch the video.

Why would I need to watch a baddie merc video? Tracer missile is weak as ****. Its used as a LOW HEAT COST filler to buff your other attacks it hardly uses any heat. Other Attacks Heat Seeking Missle Instant Cast DMG increased by heat signature by 5% per stack. Tracer Missile Stacks 5x heat. Heat seeker Missile can easily hit for 5k.

Unload Procs from Tracer Missile. Unload can easily channel for 6-10k damage. Also procs from power shot. An has a huge damage bonus when it procs. These two ability alone do way more damage then tracer missile ever could. Tracer missile is weak sauce but its required to be successful in prolonged combat. In one on one you could get away with not using it a lot.

Merc's complaining about LOS your bad. You can use LoS just like the rest. To stop channeled abilitys on you. Also you get to shoot around corners and hit people hiding behind objects with death from above and AoE blasters. An soon that AoE will be free. Making LoS a lot weaker.

Although with the new patch changes with our aoe blaster attack not costing any heat... going to be very nice way to save heat in war zones.

Edited by Furyofwar

1/ Tracer

2/ Heatseaker

3/ Railshot

4/ ?

5/ Profit

How do so many people miss Unload? It's our strongest hitting ability, with a talented slow.

I also use Jet Boost and a talented Rocketpunch ALL the time, not to mention my electrodart when I'm hurting for health or someone's in an environmental hazard, etc etc.

Anytime I'm playing the "catch the out of LOS guy" game I'm relying pretty much entirely on instant casts.

Tracer Spam past 3 = a dumb Merc, and it's rare that I find someone who will actually sit still for even that many.

Comparing SNIPE to tracer missile, epic failure.

The point was he could have sat there fail spamming crap with any class and still had similiar results. He was epic fail for his team, and the only reason he got his damage was because he was mostly ignored, and when he wasn't ignored, he was supported by his team.

Notice how it was hitting for 1400 hits (the 2400+hits/crits were with damage buffs of some sort, like the damage one he kept going to the second floor in mid to get) against people without PvP gear while he was in full pvp gear minus the 2 piece pvp set. It's just epic fail to just spam tracer missile. Having done that he gimped his premade to the point they lost to a fail pug.

Why would I need to watch a baddie merc video? Tracer missile is weak as ****. Its used as a LOW HEAT COST filler to buff your other attacks it hardly uses any heat. Other Attacks Heat Seeking Missle Instant Cast DMG increased by heat signature by 5% per stack. Tracer Missile Stacks 5x heat. Heat seeker Missile can easily hit for 5k.

Unload Procs from Tracer Missile. Unload can easily channel for 6-10k damage. Also procs from power shot. An has a huge damage bonus when it procs. These two ability alone do way more damage then tracer missile ever could. Tracer missile is weak sauce but its required to be successful in prolonged combat. In one on one you could get away with not using it a lot.

Although with the new patch changes with our aoe blaster attack not costing any heat... going to be very nice way to save heat in war zones.

that's the point you stupid meathead......you don't need anything else to destroy in lvl 50 WZs. people are done nerfing OPs, so now they are on to BHs and their Tracer Missile spam. he sat there with only tracer missile on his hot key bar and came in 2nd most damage in lvl 50 brackets.

He didn't need to do any other attack...Tracer MIssile did the job.

If he's a baddie BH...just spamming TM and crushing people...what do you think the good BHs are doing up in lvl 50 brackets.

Comparing SNIPE to tracer missile, epic failure.

I'll actually have to agree with that. I have a Sniper which I'm levelling atm, and it's in no way as spammable as Tracer. The two can't really be compared. But I also feel Sniper could use some buffing.

edit: Regardless, Tracer is still not OP in any way. People have some major illusions about the amount of damage it deals. They're probably seeing an HSM crit and thinking it's another tracer.

Edited by Machazareel

Anyone who has an issue with tracer missile "spam" is dramatically overestimating the difficulty of their own class and the game as a whole. None of the classes in this game have significant depth or complexity. No class needs "3 or 4 rows" of abilities to be effective. You can bind that many abilities, sure, but you don't NEED them to reach near-optimum efficiency. It doesn't even begin to approach WoW, where you need sophisticated target-swapping, stance-changing, weapon-changing and mouseover macros to play your class at the highest level, and where the level of teamwork and coordination are much, much higher.

The simple truth is that PvP in this game is very simplistic and straightforward, and Mercs are no different from any other class in that respect. That's not a negative reflection on Bioware, since I'm sure that fast, simple PvP was their goal. But don't go looking for depth where there isn't any to be found.

that's the point you stupid meathead......you don't need anything else to destroy in lvl 50 WZs. people are done nerfing OPs, so now they are on to BHs and their Tracer Missile spam. he sat there with only tracer missile on his hot key bar and came in 2nd most damage in lvl 50 brackets.

If he's a baddie BH...just spamming TM and crushing people...what do you think the good BHs are doing up in lvl 50 brackets.

That video was from before the patch with the level 50 brackets. May want to watch it more carefully before you throw around insults.

I think your to pigheaded to realize. That its his server.

Sorry bro you come to 50brackets on my server an you will get rolled by everyone trying to uses tracer only.

You are ignorant to think that your server is the majority. Your server is a minority in the overall picture. He is most likely on a PVE server with baddies. Cause I could kill a level 50 BH spamming tracer with a freaking 24 murauder lawl.

Edited by Furyofwar

Spamming it builds up to 2 other attacks and a buff. If played right your hitting more than one button. I kill bh's all the time when they are spamming it, they are sitting ducks while doing so.

This is just another case of omg his class can do that and mine can't!

Roll the class learn it real mechanics before running your mouth on the forums. Every class in this game has a easy mode spec .

He should be ashamed of himself for posting how bad he is. What a cry baby.:p

Not sure if serious.... XD

Damn I hope you're not - I mean, he's not bad. Nothing he can do if he gets pushed away or slowed; it's not like he can really counter those.

Spamming it builds up to 2 other attacks and a buff. If played right your hitting more than one button. I kill bh's all the time when they are spamming it, they are sitting ducks while doing so.

This is just another case of omg his class can do that and mine can't!

Roll the class learn it real mechanics before running your mouth on the forums. Every class in this game has a easy mode spec .

What's marauder's? I wanna pvp too while looking at a movie :\

Edited by Vetril

I think your to pigheaded to realize. That its his server.

Sorry bro you come to 50brackets on my server an you will get rolled by everyone trying to uses tracer only.

You are ignorant to think that your server is the majority. Your server is a minority in the overall picture. He is most likely on a PVE server with baddies. Cause I could kill a level 50 BH spamming tracer with a freaking 24 murauder lawl.

People only seem to be able to get 2 tracers off before being focused down in about 5 seconds on my server. Heck, I can kill an arsenal merc as pyro merc easily enough. I could even out power shot their tracer spam along with my thermal detinator, incendiary missile, and railshots he'll be dead before I'm even 1/3 of the way down if he just tries to tracer me. I don't see how anyone has a problem with this. I don't really care what they do about it, if anything, but it's so easy to deal with it's rediculous.

People only seem to be able to get 2 tracers off before being focused down in about 5 seconds on my server. Heck, I can kill an arsenal merc as pyro merc easily enough. I could even out power shot their tracer spam along with my thermal detinator, incendiary missile, and railshots he'll be dead before I'm even 1/3 of the way down if he just tries to tracer me. I don't see how anyone has a problem with this. I don't really care what they do about it, if anything, but it's so easy to deal with it's rediculous.

1. you don't have problems staying in range to answer his damage with yours.

2. you are decked out in heavy armor.

Incendiary Missile? You mean the dot that can instantly be cleansed and does 0 damage to an Arsenal merc that isn't asleep at the wheel?

The simple truth is that PvP in this game is very simplistic and straightforward, and Mercs are no different from any other class in that respect. That's not a negative reflection on Bioware, since I'm sure that fast, simple PvP was their goal. But don't go looking for depth where there isn't any to be found.

roll a marauder

1. you don't have problems staying in range to answer his damage with yours.

2. you are decked out in heavy armor.

You shouldn't have any problems outside of huttball staying within range of a commando/merc as a melee. At best, Jet boost is on a 15 second CD, which any charge seems to be as well.(or take 2 seconds max to walk back up to him) As arsenal the only slow he has is a few seconds attached to jet boost. You should be able to keep on him and keep him snared easily enough as a melee. Arsenal isn't made for much movement.

Also, heavy armor doesn't help as much as you think. In mostly champ gear, I've been killed in 6-8 seconds by a marauder that knows what he's doing. PS if you have a charge, save it for his Jet boost. Let him begin his cast and charge or pull, either will interrupt it.

roll a marauder

Marauders that know what they're doing are DEADLY.

Edited by Kortobowden

The point was he could have sat there fail spamming crap with any class and still had similiar results. He was epic fail for his team, and the only reason he got his damage was because he was mostly ignored, and when he wasn't ignored, he was supported by his team.

Notice how it was hitting for 1400 hits (the 2400+hits/crits were with damage buffs of some sort, like the damage one he kept going to the second floor in mid to get) against people without PvP gear while he was in full pvp gear minus the 2 piece pvp set. It's just epic fail to just spam tracer missile. Having done that he gimped his premade to the point they lost to a fail pug.

The point is you will never do similar damage with snipe.

You shouldn't have any problems outside of huttball staying within range of a commando/merc as a melee. At best, Jet boost is on a 15 second CD, which any charge seems to be as well.(or take 2 seconds max to walk back up to him) As arsenal the only slow he has is a few seconds attached to jet boost. You should be able to keep on him and keep him snared easily enough as a melee. Arsenal isn't made for much movement.

Also, heavy armor doesn't help as much as you think. In mostly champ gear, I've been killed in 6-8 seconds by a marauder that knows what he's doing. PS if you have a charge, save it for his Jet boost. Let him begin his cast and charge or pull, either will interrupt it.

Marauders that know what they're doing are DEADLY.

As was under stated here...your Armor Rating in PvP is used for maybe 10% of all in coming attacks. Anything elemental, Internal, etc ignore armor out right, and if you are not completely special in the head, you are likely spec'd in at least 1 way to ignore 50-100% of targets armor with attacks that are stopped by armor.

Armor, Shield and Absorb stats hold no appreciable value in PvP