Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted valid information on Tracer missiles, its real damage, and how spammy it really is. Please keep ignoring it.

And it only compiles when you involve rail shot and unload as well, which do tons of damage too.

We're not ignoring it. It's just wrong and not worth discussing.

Where in my post did I call for nerfs? And I have a 50 Mercenary, I'm well aware of how the class works.

I also know that a reasonable cooldown would stop the spam, and force the spammers to use some of the other worthwhile skills Mercs get access to.

What other worthwhile skills? Arsenal mercs start off with tracer missile until we get 5 stacks of armor pen (then we cycle our top tier talent), unload procs, or railshot has 5 stacks.

That's it essentially. Everything else is situational. Why play a in a less efficient manner just so people don't see us casting tracer missile so much?

What you should really be asking is why are we stuck being a 1-trick pony? Arsenal mercs mobility sucks. Our heals are not buffed, suffer pushback and rack up heat quickly. Jetpack boost and falcon punch have enough counters to render it mostly futile.

I'd love to see more utility/mobility at the cost of adding a cooldown to tracer missile. Maybe a talent for a 3sec CD but make it instant cast.

Edited by Aega

so are people really complaining this much about how a class is played, because 90% of the posts obviously are people who dont play mercs. (sounds more like people who got tracered in the face)

do you really care how i play, so what if i spam tracer missle from one spot allday. you can call me a bad player or a idiot who cant push more than one button but your the one whining and complaining about how I play

how stupid would i sound if i was whining all day about how melee characters dont stand still, all they do is run back and forth, or operatives only using their one cheese rotation from stealth, and maraders just try and backstab the whole time

really what is the point of trying to bash people who play mercs

or is this really just a nerf tracer missle thread, if so then show some numbers (real numbers from in game). if they are excessive compared to other dps classes then they will get nerfed but I dont think they are pulling that much more damage if any

Calling for nerfs on a class you have NO idea about, NO idea how its talent tree is based around, makes you a D"..."bag.

It also shows you have no idea of how the skill works.

You're right. I'm only specced as an Arsenal Mercenary, leveling up, PvEing, and PvPing in the build.

No, clearly I have no idea about anything to do with the class and am a "D"..."bag" (in your words). It's incredible that you ascertained all this simply because I had the audacity to cut and paste the ability information from a wellknown and oft-cited SWTOR info site without logging into the game to verify whether an unimportant detail in the information was correct.

You're right. I'm only specced as an Arsenal Mercenary, leveling up, PvEing, and PvPing in the build.

No, clearly I have no idea about anything to do with the class and am a "D"..."bag" (in your words). It's incredible that you ascertained all this simply because I had the audacity to cut and paste the ability information from a wellknown and oft-cited SWTOR info site without logging into the game to verify whether an unimportant detail in the information was correct.

Oh Excuse me, I didn't think Leveling 10 to 50 you would know how your OWN classes abilities work, excuse my ignorance!

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

Interrupt, stun, knockback. Type "silly tracer noob", kill.

So essentially, you are ignoring.

Thanks for proving me right. ;)

Not at all, I read it and deemed it factually incorrect, which I already posted. Granted it was in reply to another sub 50 commando using made up numbers, but there was really no need to copy/paste the response when your posts were in such close proximity.

Anecdotal evidence is not all that valid, and even if it was, I being an Imp would mean that I'm more likely to have fought a large amount of players from both factions due to faction imbalance and Huttball and I can assure you that Tracer and Grav round hit me for the same amount from equally geared targets as a full champ merc. Your 21 BH doesn't qualify any more than my level 20 Vanguard. My lowbies get hit just as hard from Grav as my Vanguard has been getting hit by tracers.

Edited by Machazareel

Interrupt, stun, knockback. Type "silly tracer noob", kill.

your missing the point its the fact that us mercs are so awesome that by just using tracer missle it makes everyone so mad they cant play and sit at their computers pulling their hair out because "omg someone used a ability that stacks more than once this game is broken Im going to unsubscride good job failware" and then they die and thats why mercs are op :rolleyes:

belive me anyone who knows how to play can kill a merc or stop tracer spaming especially us mercs, thank god for healers

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Not at all, I read it and deemed it factually incorrect, which I already posted. Granted it was in reply to another sub 50 commando using made up numbers, but there was really no need to copy/paste the response when your posts were in such close proximity.

Anecdotal evidence is not all that valid, and even if it was, I being an Imp would mean that I'm more likely to have fought a large amount of players from both factions due to faction imbalance and Huttball and I can assure you that Tracer and Grav round hit me for the same amount from equally geared targets as a full champ merc. Your 21 BH doesn't qualify any more than my level 20 Vanguard. My lowbies get hit just as hard from Grav as my Vanguard has been getting hit by tracers.

So essentially, you haven't read any of my posts in this thread.

Gotcha.

I actually try not to use it, well not to use it a lot. But the thing is compared to everything else given to us, it is the best we have. I admit I didn't even use it at all at first, and then when I tried it out, it was amazing the difference it made. One ability.

I still love Bounty Hunter, but I admit I get bored with having one good attack and the rest being pretty average compared. I would rather be more mobile, and I actually still use other skills instead most times. But it's still the best given to me, so why would I avoid it totally? Why would I reroll another class to make people feel better about how good I am in PVP? Why don't they reroll BH?

I hope BW change it, I really do. But I also hope they give us something in return, maybe drop the damage of it, buff some of the other abilities a little to compensate and lower the heat generation of those other abilities to make them more attractive, and actually worthwhile.

Yes I am probably doing something wrong, and no I am not the best at PVP. It's a side hobby for me. But even I know something is wrong with the class. Just like the lightning spammers, or the jedi slow ability (not sure what its called since I dont play rep), or IA's ability to 1 shot me (or used to, been about a week since I pvp'd).

in my opinion te class have NOT to be nerfed. (i'm sage Healer)

These class have to be remade that way... that it will be exciting to his owner...

for example.. make trce missle Cooldown 8sec(6sec if talanted) encrese arp +10% from 1 stuck and make it Instant cast(to sages and sorcs cant block it...) than give other usefull skills for attack when TM on CoolDown.

that will be more exciting for them...

So essentially, you haven't read any of my posts in this thread.

Gotcha.

I've read your claims that Grav hits for less than Tracer, which it doesn't. I read your post saying that your friend gets hit for different amounts, but we all know how valid 'my friend' claims are. You have produced nothing valid to support your claim. Ergo, your nonfactual statements aren't really worth in-depth discussion.

Yes I am probably doing something wrong, and no I am not the best at PVP. It's a side hobby for me. But even I know something is wrong with the class. Just like the lightning spammers, or the jedi slow ability (not sure what its called since I dont play rep), or IA's ability to 1 shot me (or used to, been about a week since I pvp'd).

so your saying every class has "something wrong"

I've read your claims that Grav hits for less than Tracer, which it doesn't. I read your post saying that your friend gets hit for different amounts, but we all know how valid 'my friend' claims are. You have produced nothing valid to support your claim. Ergo, your nonfactual statements aren't really worth in-depth discussion.

K.

I will try to get my friend to fraps it sometime, though I do most of the videos, and post videos, and such for the community here.

You've yet to prove me wrong, by the way.

in my opinion te class have NOT to be nerfed. (i'm sage Healer)

These class have to be remade that way... that it will be exciting to his owner...

for example.. make trce missle Cooldown 8sec(6sec if talanted) encrese arp +10% from 1 stuck and make it Instant cast(to sages and sorcs cant block it...) than give other usefull skills for attack when TM on CoolDown.

that will be more exciting for them...

or just leave it alone and if people dont like it they dont have to play it

K.

I will try to get my friend to fraps it sometime, though I do most of the videos, and post videos, and such for the community here.

You've yet to prove me wrong, by the way.

I don't need to. You're the one making a claim that goes against the accepted knowledge of the playerbase, and as such, the burden of proof is on you, of which you have supplied none.

Actually it goes more like..

Tracer Missile Away! .... cant see target.. crap

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. Cant see target.. crap

Chase...

Tracer Missile Away!! ... cant see target... /groan

Chase..

Tracer Missile Away!!.. cant see target.. /sigh

chase..

Traser Missile Away!!.. cant see target... /punchmonitor

It could be twice as bad........

Cover...didn't work......cover.....ambush....Ambush stop casting.....Ambush... cant see target.. crap

chase

Cover...didn't work......cover.....ambush....Ambush stop casting.....Ambush... cant see target.. crap

chase

Cover...didn't work......cover.....ambush....Ambush stop casting.....Ambush... cant see target.. /groan

chase

Cover...didn't work......cover.....ambush....Ambush stop casting.....Ambush... cant see target.. /sigh

chase

Cover..... operative comes out of stealth....... can't move..... 3 seconds later..... dead /punch monitor

Edited by Reryn

I don't need to. You're the one making a claim that goes against the accepted knowledge of the playerbase, and as such, the burden of proof is on you, of which you have supplied none.

You are making a claim that it doesn't. There for, you can prove that it doesn't.

It is a known fact that empire has VASTLY more things in their favor mechanics wise.

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

Its nearly as bad as Force lightening, force lightening, force lightening etc etc