Is it just me or is this very wrong?

Ciboro

Well I have a friend who is a BM Merc, I play sniper. I have fought a lot of Commandos.

Even if you haven't had a lot of encounters, at least compare their abilities and talent sheets vs ours.

For one, Why does Tracer Missile/Grav round do more damage EACH tick, as in even the initial tick and each one following it, do more damage than one of our Ambush/Snipes. It is also consistently doing more not just here and there. That is a serious problem, especially considering they have many abilities, that ignore defense and we do not.

Sure you could argue that ours cannot be interrupted because they require cover, but cover is actually really more of a disadvantage in PVP, ranging from easy LOS breaks, sitting duck, to minuscule defensive benefits. It would be different if cover gave some crazy health regen or something, but it doesn't.

I shouldn't even need to mention how much more survivability Merc/Commando has.

Anyone else see the issue here?

We can stack damage easily and let it explode in shorter time. If we speak os sustained damage BH probably tops us. Btw you can also use los against them. The only issue I have against BHs is their hook that paralyzes you which is used to drag me in acid pools and flame generators. Aside that I feel they're tough but I do not need to win 1 vs 1 to be effective in a team. I need to bring the kills and I kill far more than a BH. Level 20 here.

Well I have a friend who is a BM Merc, I play sniper. I have fought a lot of Commandos.

Even if you haven't had a lot of encounters, at least compare their abilities and talent sheets vs ours.

For one, Why does Tracer Missile/Grav round do more damage EACH tick, as in even the initial tick and each one following it, do more damage than one of our Ambush/Snipes. It is also consistently doing more not just here and there. That is a serious problem, especially considering they have many abilities, that ignore defense and we do not.

Sure you could argue that ours cannot be interrupted because they require cover, but cover is actually really more of a disadvantage in PVP, ranging from easy LOS breaks, sitting duck, to minuscule defensive benefits. It would be different if cover gave some crazy health regen or something, but it doesn't.

I shouldn't even need to mention how much more survivability Merc/Commando has.

Anyone else see the issue here?

we dont have abilities that ignore defenses? clearly you havent played lethality spec.

we dont have abilities that ignore defenses? clearly you havent played lethality spec.
Watch merc do 1.5X-2X the DPS or damage done than you (even in lethality spec) and then tell me something isn't wrong. Edited by Tuze

not 2x but a good merc will out dps me even tho im better than him...

he will just spam tracer missile unload and heat seeker. 3 buttons all day everyday always.

must be a really boring class if you ask me.

playing a class that even a monkey could perfect is ridiculous.

Edited by DestyOwn

not 2x but a good merc will out dps me even tho im better than him...

he will just spam tracer missile unload and heat seeker. 3 buttons all day everyday always.

must be a really boring class if you ask me.

playing a class that even a monkey could perfect is ridiculous.

The only redeeming quality to Mercenary is that it can heal.

@ Vimm lol I love how you just rip on anybody that says snipers are poor in pvp. I hate to inform you....but we are. Get over yourself. People have provided a boatload of concrete data . Here is one for you. I have 536 expertise now I ambushed a sorc...for 2800. He turns around and instants me for 3k. How is that even ballanced. A 9 seccond CD that requires a 2.5 channel does less damage than an instant. Snipers damage is so sub par against targets that have expertise its pathetic. When all the mitigation is applied to our damage and then you calculate the expertise reduction on top of it..your looking at piss poor damage. Yesterday I played a game against a premade of fresh 50s, sure i was hitting for 3-5k but they had absolutely no gear. The next game was against a repub premade, the best on our server in fact. I was hititng their sorc who isnt a BM for 1200 snipes. Btw it can take almost an ambush a snipe and a followthrough to pop a bub sometimes. My buddies tracer missile was landing for 1800, he has 440ish expertise. SO less expertise more damage, same cast time. But hes not bound to be in cover to use that ability, has more hps, and heavy armor. Also his defensive ability is superior. Oh and he can heal. And his knockback doesnt have a requirement. Snipers need either a survivability buff or a damage buff. And most likely we need both since we have no heal abilities or 9 second paladin bubble and vanish like marauders.

Leveling my Mercenary today made me realize how damn broken Snipers are.

Death From Above vs Orbital Strike = no contest in pvp. Orbital maybe better for PvE.

Tracer/Heatseeker vs Snipe/Ambush = Merc has it way better. No cover/no deflects/less mitagation/one is instant cast

Energy shield vs Evasion = its a joke how bad sniper one is. IT ONLY WORKS AGAINST SNIPERS. Energy SHield is a flat 30% dmg reduction. way better.

Jet vs Cover Pulse = BH knockback is a 1000x better, holy crap. Cover pulse rarely EVER WORKS RIGHT. Jet pack knockback requires no cover and its instant. so much better.

Heavy ARmor vs Medium Armor = . . . . .

HEALS vs NO UTILITY/HEALS = SERIOUSLY!?!?

BH Ranged Stun vs Melle stun = BH obviously

Level 50 unique ability: BH get "Next movie is instant Cast" INCREDIBLY GOOD ABILITY

Snipers get 20% alacricity -_-

Its been proven many times that alacricity is actually useless since energy is an issue.

THeres probably more but screw it . . . My rank 58 Sniper is going to take a short break while I level my Mercenary up . . . if thats what Bioware wants us to do then I have no choice.

Leveling my Mercenary today made me realize how damn broken Snipers are.

Death From Above vs Orbital Strike = no contest in pvp. Orbital maybe better for PvE.

Tracer/Heatseeker vs Snipe/Ambush = Merc has it way better. No cover/no deflects/less mitagation/one is instant cast

Energy shield vs Evasion = its a joke how bad sniper one is. IT ONLY WORKS AGAINST SNIPERS. Energy SHield is a flat 30% dmg reduction. way better.

Jet vs Cover Pulse = BH knockback is a 1000x better, holy crap. Cover pulse rarely EVER WORKS RIGHT. Jet pack knockback requires no cover and its instant. so much better.

Heavy ARmor vs Medium Armor = . . . . .

HEALS vs NO UTILITY/HEALS = SERIOUSLY!?!?

BH Ranged Stun vs Melle stun = BH obviously

Level 50 unique ability: BH get "Next movie is instant Cast" INCREDIBLY GOOD ABILITY

Snipers get 20% alacricity -_-

Its been proven many times that alacricity is actually useless since energy is an issue.

THeres probably more but screw it . . . My rank 58 Sniper is going to take a short break while I level my Mercenary up . . . if thats what Bioware wants us to do then I have no choice.

Best thing. heatseeker/tracer work if you had to move (supporting ball carry) and suddenly got snared/rooted.