The Swiftsure QUEUE

NavarreRaider

Alrighty, I just got home and decided to play a bit of Star Wars on the server I play on "The Swiftsure" I log in and I am placed in a 40 minute Queue to get into a server. I think this is ridiculous. Is there any way SWTOR staff can upgrade their server capacity? If not , I have noticed an increasingly large number of people playing on this server from the Oceanic Region ( mainly Australia). Why not add a tab with a few servers for other regions of the world (South America, etc.) ? Why are there only North America and Europe servers? I'm just wondering if there was anything you could change about it. Thank you.

There are only NA and EU servers - there will likely be Oceanic and SA servers in the future but they're not in at this time. Unfortunately you are now stuck in the unofficial Oceanic server, so the best you can hope for is the ability to transfer servers sometime in the future.

Yes , I would pay money to transfer my character off of this. I'm thinking like 5 bucks would be a fair amount. It's just frustrating, getting off work, wanting to relax a bit and having to wait to play.

If you decide to reroll - stay away from Harbinger which is the unofficial Oceanic PvE server - we have queues there still too.

PS very nice spot tho'

Yes , I would pay money to transfer my character off of this. I'm thinking like 5 bucks would be a fair amount. It's just frustrating, getting off work, wanting to relax a bit and having to wait to play.

I understand your fusturation man, I'm happy I didn't wind up there myself. With that being said how much time have you invested into your character, and how much time are you sitting in queues. Do a little cost/benefit analysis and see if you might just be better of re-rolling, for all we know server transfers may not be around till way after the next content upgrade which is due in march. It's not something they've hyped up too much as working on, and generally those kinds of features come a few months post launch when populations on servers are less volatile.

Either way you're gonna have to have some patience, even tho this is really just bad luck in your case. :/

Five dollars? Whenever they do allow server transfers expect them to be around fifteen to twenty dollars per character. That's the industry standard so far as I know.

Five dollars? Whenever they do allow server transfers expect them to be around fifteen to twenty dollars per character. That's the industry standard so far as I know.

They need to be free from dead and dying servers. Playing on a server that is less than 1% Republic is boring and a waste of time.

Alrighty, I just got home and decided to play a bit of Star Wars on the server I play on "The Swiftsure" I log in and I am placed in a 40 minute Queue to get into a server. I think this is ridiculous. Is there any way SWTOR staff can upgrade their server capacity? If not , I have noticed an increasingly large number of people playing on this server from the Oceanic Region ( mainly Australia). Why not add a tab with a few servers for other regions of the world (South America, etc.) ? Why are there only North America and Europe servers? I'm just wondering if there was anything you could change about it. Thank you.

You must be new on Swiftsure. Our old queues were 2-3 hours back in December and early January. Kick back and relax while you wait for only 40 minutes

I love that swiftsure has a que.... because I know when I log in there will be people playing and chatting.

It is by far one of the most populated and active servers this game has.

And it has a large amount of republic players.

I would gladly sit in Que rather then log into a ghost town like alot of servers for republic are right now.

I rolled my IMPs on Harbinger which has queue right now. Did it for the very reason that it sometimes has queues plus the Oceanic prime time tends to match my own play times even though I'm in NA. I usually play early in the morning Eastern times. Have done the same thing in other games. I'm glad 'unofficial' Oceanic servers exist. :D I don't mind queues so much. Just means that there will be lots of people to play with when I eventually get on. :)

Another thing which is a worry, what are they going to do when there is an Oceanic server. Will they offer aussies free transfers? I have just got 2 toons to 50 and i would not want to pay to transfer, when the swiftsure has a decent population 24/7. I doubt the aussie servers will actually be local and give a decent ping, we saw how telstra ****ed over WoW when they tried getting local servers here.

I'm sorry, but I still think something needs to be done about the queue on Swiftsure. I just got home myself, and was hoping to play for about an hour before I hit the sack. Turns out, there's a 55 minute queue. So much for that idea.

I agree that I would much rather have a populated server than a ghost town, but to wait an hour to get into the game is ridiculous. An no, I'm not new to the game... I remember the crazy queues after release. You say 2-3 hours? I had to wait 3-4 hours a few times.

Just allow more players onto Swiftsure at a time. How hard would it be to add one or two more servers to the cluster? I'm sure they have imaged servers just sitting on stand-by already anyway. Throw them into the Swiftsure cluster and raise the player limit. Servers not running clustered? Well, there's the problem.