Disabled Gamers Acknowledge Old Republic

Makazestorm

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Also, AbleGamers cited the 'unintentional accessibility' delivered by the games companion features"

Isn't the game possessing "companion features" in that sentence? Where is the apostrophe that belongs in "game's"?

"These NPC characters which accompany the player through most of the game provide support to those who need it without forcing them to request help from other players,"

Which, or that?

Edited by Agemnon

Being disabled myself (a barely functional left hand) I'd like to say that the article is spot on.

I've always appreciated the traditional MMO hotbar setup which makes gameplay a little less twitch response dependent. Couple that with the ability to remap any key I need to a spot more accessible to my good hand and I can play the game nearly perfectly.

Can't say that for console games. Lord how I miss the days of one stick and one to three buttons. :)

Sigh, they are just saying that MMOs in general with basic key clicks rather than twitch response are 'accesible' and have picked SWTOR to jump on some publicity bandwagon, disappointing. :(

SWTOR is not the most accesible MMO/Game of 2011 by a long way. I cant bind a number of my keys (` or \). I cant even scale or adjust the UI. I've said this before and I'll say it again Mods/Macros/Addons are great ways to make games accessible for the disabled, all of which this game lacks.

Sigh, they are just saying that MMOs in general with basic key clicks rather than twitch response are 'accesible' and have picked SWTOR to jump on some publicity bandwagon, disappointing. :(

SWTOR is not the most accesible MMO/Game of 2011 by a long way. I cant bind a number of my keys (` or \). I cant even scale or adjust the UI. I've said this before and I'll say it again Mods/Macros/Addons are great ways to make games accessible for the disabled, all of which this game lacks.

Did you read the article on Able Gamer's website?

They mentioned those things in the full article and why they still picked SWTOR.

so people with a disability need to "jump on a publicty bandwagon" and you find that "disappointing"

i find your post very offensive for some reason.

Sigh theres no arguing with closed minded individuals like yourself.

I didn't say 'disabled' people jumped on a bandwagon. Ablegamers did.

im not looking for an argument.

but people with disabilities voted for SWTOR as their game of the year not ablegamers.

Did you read the article on Able Gamer's website?

They mentioned those things in the full article and why they still picked SWTOR.

Yes, SWTOR has brought nothing new to the table that lots of other games haven't brought to the table and done better. It has a long way to go with UI improvements that terming it the most accessible game of the year is insulting.

Yes, SWTOR has brought nothing new to the table that lots of other games haven't brought to the table and done better. It has a long way to go with UI improvements that terming it the most accessible game of the year is insulting.

Ok OldBehn.

Sorry it made you angry.

I think you miss what they are saying you may want to read the article.