The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where has the crowd gone to?

Cemellyn

heretic! git em!

Lol

I am just saying that I am shocked that people think it is some big surprise....

Game came out during Christmas break for most students and kids. A lot of people were on vacation as well. It is almost February now, real life takes over.... :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the size of the servers? Oh let me guess you did /who and now have all the information you need.

Doing /who 1-10, 11-20,21-30,31-40,41-50 and add the numbers together should equal the amount of players on that faction or am i missing something?

When I first started the game a few weeks ago, I always had to queue to get into the server I play. Not only that several servers were always full. But now when I log into the game even at peak time, its guaranteed that I will always get in.

Sometimes when questing in Nar Shadda or Alderaan, at most there are only 8 people in the zone. Much lesser than the crowd in Taris or Coruscant. Also getting a group for flash point seems to have gotten much harder than when a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm just wondering where have all the people gone to and a couple of things came to my mind.

1. The players have moved on to another server that doesn't require them to queue up

2. BW has increased server capacity

3. The players have stopped playing for various reasons (Novelty worn off, gone back to WoW other MMO, upset with current crafting system etc)

4. All of the above

What do you guys/girls think?

Going with 4. It's probably more so 1 and 3, but I'd say it's a combination of both.

Might also be that Christmas Break is over and that people have to actually work.

Doing /who 1-10, 11-20,21-30,31-40,41-50 and add the numbers together should equal the amount of players on that faction or am i missing something?

Yeah but what about the other faction? Even with those numbers it's not the maximum the server can hold but is only showing who is on right now.

All west coast servers very heavy, heavy and standard. 1 full. NOne low and it's not even primetime yet. It's dinner time...

Looks like they did some pretty decent retention here anyway. I was playing an alt and a lot of noobie questions in the noobie zones as well which is a good sign, people still joining the game.

Will be interesting to see where it goes.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

When I first started the game a few weeks ago, I always had to queue to get into the server I play. Not only that several servers were always full. But now when I log into the game even at peak time, its guaranteed that I will always get in.

Sometimes when questing in Nar Shadda or Alderaan, at most there are only 8 people in the zone. Much lesser than the crowd in Taris or Coruscant. Also getting a group for flash point seems to have gotten much harder than when a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm just wondering where have all the people gone to and a couple of things came to my mind.

1. The players have moved on to another server that doesn't require them to queue up

3. The players have stopped playing for various reasons (Novelty worn off, gone back to WoW other MMO, upset with current crafting system etc)

4. All of the above

Christmas and broken promises are gone. Were playing WoW again.

All west coast servers very heavy, heavy and standard. NOne low and it's not even primetime yet. It's dinner time...

Looks like they did some pretty decent retention. I was playing an alt and a lot of noobie questions in the noobie zones as well which is a good sign, people still joining the game.

Will be interesting to see where it goes.

Yeah the people that left are the people that either can't deal with launch and will try it again sometime down the road or people who just don't like the game and BW actually made 50+ bucks off of those people.

The real retention is 3-6 months from launch IMO. Looking at how there isn't one low server right now two full servers and a handful of Heavy I'd say they did a good job.

Yeah the people that left are the people that either can't deal with launch and will try it again sometime down the road or people who just don't like the game and BW actually made 50+ bucks off of those people.

The real retention is 3-6 months from launch IMO. Looking at how there isn't one low server right now two full servers and a handful of Heavy I'd say they did a good job.

Yup i agree.

From the looks of the updates and previews it's looking good IMO. The dynamic events in particular look very promising. Loved those in COH and RIFT.

4. All of the above

Alot of them quit, don't try to downplay it, we lost alot of subscribers over the course of the free month.

4. All of the above

The answer to your question is #2.

#3 has hardly had any impact on the game, as it's still growing. People that wanted to leave because the game wasn't 100% perfect at launch are just the WoW fanboy club that wanted to try something else (and now whine on the forums to get other people to quit, who normally wouldn't), and the WoW kiddies have all gone back to their Pandas and nerfed-out-the-*** Dragon Soul. Consequently, they'll either be back in the future when BioWare irons everything out, or they'll stick it out 'til Pandas and realize how ****** WoW still is.

I just checked server status and it looks like the second week the game was out. lots of standard, about 10-15 heavy, and 5-6 full. My server seems very healthy and its always on standard. I don't see anyone raging in chat which makes me happy. I'm surprised people would even go back to WoW. Thinking about it makes me shudder.

I just checked server status and it looks like the second week the game was out. lots of standard, about 10-15 heavy, and 5-6 full. My server seems very healthy and its always on standard. I don't see anyone raging in chat which makes me happy. I'm surprised people would even go back to WoW. Thinking about it makes me shudder.

ya a responsive game always makes me shudder. i need that extra 2 seconds of lag time so that i dont dye!

Does increasing server caps reduce the amount of players on the fleet or in the world?

give me absolute proof and when i say that i want an OFFICIAL spreadsheet printed out

Marked, Colored and signed by the friggin CEO himself that its legit actual account of player populations

OTHERWISE some screen shots taking at a certain times and speculation mean nothing.

give me absolute proof and when i say that i want an OFFICIAL spreadsheet printed out

Marked, Colored and signed by the friggin CEO himself that its legit actual account of player populations

OTHERWISE some screen shots taking at a certain times and speculation mean nothing.

Thank You.