Spec sharing time (again!)

Brene

Yes, I'm terrible at PvP. But even a terribad can see that a 6% crit chance on a spread of small abilities (primarily Ataru Strike and Smash) means jack ****.

What does that make you?

Clearly you don't understand how carnage works. Stick to PvE please, I don't want to carry you.

Edited by Brene

Most the time I suspect Massacre, Annihilate or Force Crush are a must. This means you will have the majority of one of paths. This means the differences are what additional skills you get from the other paths.

To me Dual Wield Mastery is a must cause it is cheap and adds a lot to your off hand accuracy which either helps you hit or do more damage.

Defence forms likewise works on all stances so doesn't matter what stance you are going to use it will always add to it.

Defensive Roll cause a lot of people will want to use AOE whether it is an NPC commando bombing the area, a Jedi boss fight twirling about (which you should have avoided :) ) or PvP where many classes have AOE attacks.

Payback, lots of CC effects in the game and so you will be using Unleash that it comes with a bonus heal can't hurt.

Brutality depends if you use Vicious Slash which is often a fair bit as it has a short cool down. So better Critical can help with the burst damage.

Hungering cause healing is always good :) helps if you have lots of bleed attacks of course. If you don't use any attacks that bleed going to be pointless.

Now this is only from my experience up to day 2 in the live game. It could all change and I don't know how other people have found the different aspects of the skill paths. But often I have very little choice in what I am going to purchase cause 31 out of 41 goes in one path to get one of the top skills. And often there are only 5 points at each tier so not a lot of choice.

i'm going almost the same, i'm just thinking payback instead of brutality

i think -2 sec on disruption is huge and will be very helpfull in most game situations

For PvP, yes - most definitely. Not nearly as much for PvE (especially with how easy PvE already is)

My pvp spec is going to annihilation and look like this.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::e2dfe4fe4fe5f4ef8ef12ef3ef9:

I may put that extra point in empowerment and take a point from somewhere else if i feel i am a bit low on rage. I have heard from other people that rage generation is not a problem at level 50, so im believing them until i try myself.

PVE Marauder Annihilation Spec:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::efefe4fe4fe6f3ef8efef24

0 Meter Force Charge, insane single target burst, and a pretty good leveling spec.

Hah I was thinking the EXACT same spec! I was wondering of spending 3 points in Malice (those 3 points taken away from the Carnage tree)

Which talents would you go for first in this spec? I was thinking of getting Deadly Saber ASAP, then get DW Mastery and Defensive Form.