Spec sharing time (again!)

Brene

How about some theorycrafting to explain the choices ? I'd really like to know why you made those choices.

Well, as I can only comment up to mid range levels here is a break down of what I know so far from my experience

Cloak of Annihilation, every time you use an ability that hits for 2k (6s CD) you refresh your mitigation ability so that it can be up nearly 3/4 of the time

Enraged Slash, talent is self explanatory, each essentially costs 1 less rage meaning more rage for other skills

Seeping Wounds = You staying closer to do more pew pew, it adds an extra snare which is ALWAYS good as a melee (this is a PvP build btw)

Hungering + Juyo Mastery + Bleed Out = more Bleed Damage, from more Bleed Crits, which leads to more health back for you (imagine you're max HP is 15k, you're crit rate is like 50% with bleeds, you now have the chance to heal for 300 EVERY time a bleed ticks)

Deadly Sabre = more bleed, more damage, more chance to heal etc good bleed damage with 3 stacks up

Blurred Speed = increases how often we can use our distance closer to 12s, filler talent

Deep Wound + Pulverize = more ruptures and more rupture damage, our single most effective bleed

Empowerment = 30% chance to gain rage when dealing damage with bleeds = more rage = more damage dealt

Close Quarters, melee always have trouble keeping on ranged when the ranged know how to kite, if your ccs are down and your ranged is 5-12 kiting you, well not anymore ;)

Short Fuse = quicker frenzy = more huge hits more often

Hemorrhage, self explanitory

Annihilate is a nice top tier talent, but it's not the best. It looks (animation) very cool. When you use it once you can keep it up as long as you remember to use annihilate every CD

in carnage, extra damage from offhand = more sustained DPS

in rage, malice = more crits from a few of your HARD HARD hitting abilities

ravager = more CC

Being primarily a PvP player, this is the build I found to be most effective during beta (Rage):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bZhMbZGMRbdrMdGR.1

This build focuses on burst/upfront damage with a good amount of control. You're able to easily frontload of a ton of damage through Force Crush/Smash and the extra sprints help with mobility. I don't see it as a good DPS spec for PvE, however.

Hmm, I can't really tell what your focus is here, but 0/2/3 isn't good for our first line. You won't use Smash or Sweeping Slash nearly ever as Anni. It looks like you're going for a PvE build though... so I'm not sure why you picked up Subjugation as it's my understanding that Obfuscate will not work on bosses, and disruption is already only an 8 second CD.

For the carnage build:

is it really worth putting points into malice (critical chance of your force attacks) when you will mainly be autocritting your force screams?

The following can still benefit from Malice

Force Charge

Force Choke

Some of your Frenzy abilities

Hmm, I can't really tell what your focus is here, but 0/2/3 isn't good for our first line. You won't use Smash or Sweeping Slash nearly ever as Anni. It looks like you're going for a PvE build though... so I'm not sure why you picked up Subjugation as it's my understanding that Obfuscate will not work on bosses, and disruption is already only an 8 second CD.

I am planning to play PvE mixed with Warzones.

Can you tell me where I may be going wrong with my build?

Edited by Frankenstairs

im not sure 6% crit chance seems worth it on force choke since it has a 60 second cool down

6% crit is a very, very hefty amount of crit in this game. No, it doesn't seem like a lot for Choke - however for Charge (15s CD for carnage) that brings your normal 1.5k (PvP speaking) to about a 2k every few hits (this 6% is compounded on your base crit + other crit stacking effects of course).

As a bursty class like Carnage an extra 500 is a ton, you want more front end damage.