Do duel wield lightsabers excists in the lore?

Wingzeron

Hey all!

I myself play a Marauder and I was wondering if there is any lore based on duel wielding sabers outside the game? I think they dont show up in the movie. If they do, please tell me=)

Thanks in advance

Yeah, it has its own entire lightsaber form.

The Jar'Kai style developed by the Yovshin Swordsmen was named for a city on Atrisia. The city of Jar'Kai was also the site where the original Jar'Kai dueling sabers were crafted. These weapons were utilized by the Yovshin and were designed for the express purpose of being dual-wielded.

Niman, the dual-blade style developed by the Royale Macheteros of the Kashi Mer, was named for the dual triumvirate of the Kashi deities. The style was adopted by the Legions of Lettow, a group of Dark Siders responsible for the First Great Schism of the Jedi Order. After the defeat of the Legion at the hands of the Jedi, Niman was adopted by the Jedi order, eventually being refined into the sixth form of lightsaber combat, referred to by the same name.[2] It should be noted that there were Jedi who engaged in dual-blade combat prior to the adoption of Niman by the Order, an example being Awdrysta Pina, who wielded a pair of Jedi katanas in battle. Many Jedi Knights and Sith Lords trained to use Form VI in the hopes of gaining a basic knowledge of the dual-bladed combat, but very few ever achieved complete mastery of Niman.

Both styles predated the invention and usage of lightsabers, but being designed to be practiced with swords, they were easily adapted. In addition, the word "Jar'Kai" became a blanket term for dual-blade combat in general, leading to the birth of the term "Jar'Kai tactic", which was to simply employ two blades in combat, regardless of whether one had received training in any dual-blade fighting style.

Dual-blade practitioners of Niman included Jedi Master Kavar, who utilized a shoto as his secondary weapon, and the Jedi trainee turned Sith Lord Exar Kun, who took up an additional weapon on occasion. However there were few dual-blade duelists that practiced classic Niman, though the Jar'Kai tactic saw fervent usage. Numerous Jedi and Sith were known to take up a secondary blade in combat, though few did so regularly.

and also

Due to George Lucas' original conception that lightsabers were extremely heavy and difficult to handle, the idea of dual-blade combat was accordingly rendered impossible. However, Lucas eventually decided to make lightsabers lighter to facilitate the faster choreography in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, consequently inferring the possibility of dual-blade fencing. Dual-blade combat made its first appearance in Star Wars 96: Duel With a Dark Lady, which depicted Luke Skywalker fighting with a short lightsaber as an off-hand weapon to counter Lumiya's use of the lightwhip.
Edited by Viera

I think Obi-wan, in the first movie, fought Darth Maul with both his and Qui-gon's lightsaber.

Not at the same time though. He lost his, then used his masters'.

But yeah, there are a couple of moments where jedi dual wield and some jedi or sith who always dual wield, like Assaj Ventress (no clue if it's written correct...).

Not at the same time though. He lost his, then used his masters'.

But yeah, there are a couple of moments where jedi dual wield and some jedi or sith who always dual wield, like Assaj Ventress (no clue if it's written correct...).

Ah, been a while since I saw the movie so I'd forgotten.

They are all over the place. While we didn't technically see it on screen, Dooku was skilled the art of dual-wielding. Anakin tried it. Mace does it spectacularly in Shatterpoint. Luke is seen dual-wielding numerous times in post-RotJ content. Kavar dual-wielded. Ventress did so as well. Then of course there is the actual Jar-Kai subform, which has its technical and philosophical roots in Niman. Oh, that reminds me, Exar Kun also dual-wielded, he also used a double-bladed lightsaber.

I don't think Dooku had any skill dual-wielding. At least, he disparaged the practice in his internal monologue in the RotS novel.

In the script for Episode 2, he was supposed to dual-wield. They just cut that out, likely for the same reason given in the RotS DVD commentary that they gave for why they had Greivious lose two of his lightsabers rather quickly. I do believe that there is also a scene where he is holding two lightsabers, threatening a downed opponent. I forget where though. I will have to watch it again.

If you consider "The Clone Wars" series there is a few.

dual wield lightsaber

Ahsoka Tano -

0:32

Asajj Ventress - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1P0gcJviY 0:29

Double Double-bladed lightsaber (by the way this one is pretty weird)

General Krell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZ-cNYp1IM

Ahsoka is not canon, she is filler, and is never mentioned again and did not exist in the real Sw canon

Asajj is not movie canon, however she is important in the canon books and the (2003) Clone wars cartoon

Krell is also not canon, he is filler and is also never mentioned again ever in the entire saga.

Ahsoka is not canon, she is filler, and is never mentioned again and did not exist in the real Sw canon

Asajj is not movie canon, however she is important in the canon books and the (2003) Clone wars cartoon

Krell is also not canon, he is filler and is also never mentioned again ever in the entire saga.

Not G-canon, but canon nonetheless.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Niman/Jar%27Kai

And drop the "it's not canon" fanboy BS. A canon B canon XYZ canon. The style is in the movies, catroots, guides etc and it's oficial. If Lucas didn't like it trust me they would remove it form the lore. What Lucas want's Lucas gets just like Darth Maul was resurecte in the cartoons and will be in the clone wars this year. Ofcourse you go the <blablabla don't wan't to see this it's not there> path if you like.

Edited by LithKaith

There are levels of canon.

Ahsoka and Krell are on a higher level of canon than Darth Baras and Emperor Vitiate.