No, You May Not Roll on Items for Another Class and Strip Out the Mods

CBGB

I've noticed that it's usually low level PUG's that either have no idea what they are doing or just don't care. By level 50 a large majority of the players have either learned what gear they need or have found out that burning everyone on their own server isn't a benefit at end game when you are stuck meeting the same people over and over.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that it's usually low level PUG's that either have no idea what they are doing or just don't care. By level 50 a large majority of the players have either learned what gear they need or have found out that burning everyone on their own server isn't a benefit at end game when you are stuck meeting the same people over and over.

Yup ^^

If you roll with PuGs, everything is up for grabs.

If you want the gear set for your class, find a guild.

Be clear with your intentions before running content with people and you won't be disapointed when you lose gear to them.

Be clear about your intentions before running content with people and you won't be disappointed if you have trouble finding groups to play with.

I'm not insulting you. Facts are facts.. better gear means you can run harder instances. Have you ever tried to run a hardmode ops before? It really doesn't sound like it the way you are going on..

You're right, NF: better gear means you can run harder instances. If someone wants to run harder instances, why would they then limit their available upgrade paths just so someone else has a better chance at getting that better gear?

The preponderance of evidence falls on you, since you're the one attempting to invalidate my statements. Or don't you want to do the work?

In short, show me the evidence that my perspective is in a "vast minority". I don't claim a majority by any means.

But I guarantee that I'm not the "vast minority" you appeal to in an effort to make your point have a seeming ascendancy it factually doesn't. :cool:

Lol, thanks for playing. I'll put you on ignore from now on. This isn't a court of law, the preponderance doesn't lie on me.

Your first year law school tactics don't work here.

You're right, NF: better gear means you can run harder instances. If someone wants to run harder instances, why would they then limit their available upgrade paths just so someone else has a better chance at getting that better gear?

Let me know how companion tanking and healing works out for you.

The preponderance of evidence falls on you, since you're the one attempting to invalidate my statements. Or don't you want to do the work?

In short, show me the evidence that my perspective is in a "vast minority". I don't claim a majority by any means.

But I guarantee that I'm not the "vast minority" you appeal to in an effort to make your point have a seeming ascendancy it factually doesn't. :cool:

Claiming the reverse still requires evidence.

Read: The dungeon finder in WoW.

Breaking news: These are the SW:ToR forums. Just because because because you or someone else does something on WoW or any other games, does not infer transference to any other game.

This whole thing is about someone somewhere decided on this rule, and, because it benefits so many, they jump on the bandwagon. And suddenly they're faced with someone saying "hey, wait a minute" you are attempting to deny me my entitlement for your benefit, you all go, "well that's the rules'... They are not the rules. Your so called NBG is an accepted understanding among like minded players. Nothing more, nothing less.

Breaking news: These are the SW:ToR forums. Just because because because you or someone else does something on WoW or any other games, does not infer transference to any other game.

This whole thing is about someone somewhere decided on this rule, and, because it benefits so many, they jump on the bandwagon. And suddenly they're faced with someone saying "hey, wait a minute" you are attempting to deny me my entitlement for your benefit, you all go, "well that's the rules'... They are not the rules. Your so called NBG is an accepted understanding among like minded players. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because because because you didn't even understand what you quoted.

I don't appreciate anyone telling me what I can and cannot roll on. I'll decide what's proper for myself.

You could just take the 50 Bajillion hints Bioware has given you on what the proper stats for your class are, but don't be surprised if you're booted from many groups with your attitude.

Let me know how companion tanking and healing works out for you.

I won't have to. I've not yet had to deal with it, and I find myself repeatedly in instances where I've taken gear for a companion without preapproval, and where I've also been in groups that set out loot rules at the start. In short, your dire predictions of ostracization have yet to manifest.

Of course, I'd be surprised if you didn't try to come up with a different (and equally specious) counter having been told this, but it is what it is.

You could just take the 50 Bajillion hints Bioware has given you on what the proper stats for your class are, but don't be surprised if you're booted from many groups with your attitude.

Ah but your side of the argument are attempting to impose your laws. Irony?

Can't you people just spend 2 mins talking to the people you are grouped with and ironing out the loot rules before you all head off on your grand adventure together?

Can you imagine how many groups these people would be booted from if they said "Oh, and BTW, I roll need on everything that drops" before entering the FP? They'd never even make it into the FP.

Why not ask developers to think of a new way for players to get loot instead of yelling at other people about it :confused::confused:

Altering loot tables in Flashpoints and Operations so all loot drops contain a class requirement (locking them away from companions), in conjunction with removing Need functionality if you aren't that class, in conjunction with a companion loot box each person can roll on, would alleviate 100% of these issues.

Altering loot tables in Flashpoints and Operations so all loot drops contain a class requirement (locking them away from companions), in conjunction with removing Need functionality if you aren't that class, in conjunction with a companion loot box each person can roll on, would alleviate 100% of these issues.

Well good, at least the logic of, if I can't get what I want everyone is going to be miserable, still works for you.

Lol, thanks for playing. I'll put you on ignore from now on. This isn't a court of law, the preponderance doesn't lie on me.

Your first year law school tactics don't work here.