Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

HUTTBALL ... Exploit / cheating / Fairplay ??? which is it ??

Trushott

So tonight we took on 6 IMP BM's with only 2 Republic BM's on the two huttball teams

They were WAY better geared ... but we were WAY better Passers as well as getting ourselves in position to move score and pass ... but the GEar made it very very hard

Long story short .... it is 1-1 with 2 mins left we have ball ... our teammate has full health goiing into endzone for score and 1 foot from goal line a BH Pull shim into the spawn area for instant death >>> game finishes 1-1 tie they win becuase they were holding it last ... :(

THAT CANNOT BE WORKING AS INTENDED ... i can see the instant death being put there to keep people form force leaping to spawn but not for you to pull opposing players up nto the spawn for instant death ( the BH that did it had just been killed on the bridge as we made our way to score too ... but this COST us the GAME against a SUPERIOR geared team and as republic WINS are hard enough to come by sometimes

I beleive this is an EXPLOIT and not intended to be a defensive move by the DEVS ... what say you ?

EDIT :

so its okay if you see someone moving into scoring postion to throw yourself in fire / die / respawn before they get to endzone ... and pull them to their death instantly ???

really

a GM said thats fine?

becuase now a team of BH could use this and NEVER LOSE

IMPORTANT NOTE: ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR RUGBY OR ANY SPORT WITH A GOALINE KNOWS THAT AS SOON AS THE BALL CROSSES THE "PLANE" OF THE GOALINE IT IS A SCORE .. AND TECHNICALLY PLAYERS ARE BEING PULLED ACROSS THE GOALINE WITH BALL IN HAND AND ALIVE BEFORE THEY GET TO BARRIER THAT KILLS THEM SO IT SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE A SCORE AND SHOULD BE CODED AS SUCH BY THE DEVELOPERS ASAP

Edited by Trushott

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an accepted legitimate tactic. The GMs themselves have said so. There is a thread on this already.

well since Bioware cant afford servers that can handle the stress of a search function im not going to dig for it :)

please link where a GM said this ... becuase that is bull XXXX and i dont mind telling them if they did say it was legit

IMPORTANT NOTE: ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR RUGBY OR ANY SPORT WITH A GOALINE KNOWS THAT AS SOON AS THE BALL CROSSES THE "PLANE" OF THE GOALINE IT IS A SCORE .. AND TECHNICALLY PLAYERS ARE BEING PULLED ACROSS THE GOALINE WITH BALL IN HAND AND ALIVE BEFORE THEY GET TO BARRIER THAT KILLS THEM SO IT SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE A SCORE AND SHOULD BE CODED AS SUCH BY THE DEVELOPERS ASAP

Edited by Trushott

Thanks for the new trick though.

so its okay if you see someone moving into scoring postion to throw yourself in fire / die / respawn before they get to endzone ... and pull them to their death instantly ???

really

a GM said thats fine?

what a dumb *** DEV if they said this is okay

Edited by Trushott

well since Bioware cant afford servers that can handle the stress of a search function im not going to dig for it :)

please link where a GM said this ... becuase that is bull XXXX and i dont mind telling them if they did say it was legit

If you can't be bothered to dig for it then I'm sure as hell not going to for you whilst I'm at work lol.

It's only a few pages back anyway. The thread title has in it that a dev has replied to a ticket. You'll find it in the first post of that thread.

If you can't be bothered to dig for it then I'm sure as hell not going to for you whilst I'm at work lol.

It's only a few pages back anyway. The thread title has in it that a dev has replied to a ticket. You'll find it in the first post of that thread.

if bioware cannot afford proper servers with search function becuase it will tap them out finacially ... then im not going to bothered to go digging backwards page by page sorry .... you are correct i cannot be bothered

Edited by Trushott

is it any more of an exploit than a sorc pulling his teamate from the abyss accross the goal line for a score?

Also you obviously don't listen to the announcer when the match starts beause he encourages weapons, name calling, and CHEATING... you got outplayed and that is all. You should have known that the match was almost over and simply held onto the ball near your end and kept the ball carrier alive. Tie goes to the ball carrier meaning there is no reason to rush the other teams goal line with little time left if you have the ball

is it any more of an exploit than a sorc pulling his teamate from the abyss accross the goal line for a score?

Also you obviously don't listen to the announcer when the match starts beause he encourages weapons, name calling, and CHEATING... you got outplayed and that is all. You should have known that the match was almost over and simply held onto the ball near your end and kept the ball carrier alive. Tie goes to the ball carrier meaning there is no reason to rush the other teams goal line with little time left if you have the ball

first if you would bother to read this happend with almost 3 mins left no one holds ball for that long period

second they outgeared us ,, so not option anyway ..

3rd and most important is this a new legitimate tactic to never be scored on ?

really

a GM said thats fine?

i added this to OP since you replied ... and i think it is important

first if you would bother to read this happend with almost 3 mins left no one holds ball for that long period

second they outgeared us ,, so not option anyway ..

3rd and most important is this a new legitimate tactic to never be scored on ?

really

a GM said thats fine?

I absolutely read it and its not 3 minutes its 2 minutes and against a good team thats playing as a team and knows what thier doing you're better off throwing the ball backwards to some teamates to get the ball back to your side as fast as possible and stalling the other team to get the win... remember that if the super gears kill you you get to respawn next to your ball carrier giving him plenty of opportunities to pass or to keep him alive.

its like taking a field goal instead of a touchdown to win a game... it aint glorious but it gets the job done. His strategy simply beat your strategy its one game and there's no reason to cry over it. If anything all you've done is given more people that idea and now it will become an epidemic lol

i absolutely agree that it SHOULD have been a score since the ball crossed the plane, but alas it isn't in the coding. They really should add this even though i have no idea how much extra coding it would take.

I absolutely read it and its not 3 minutes its 2 minutes and against a good team thats playing as a team and knows what thier doing you're better off throwing the ball backwards to some teamates to get the ball back to your side as fast as possible and stalling the other team to get the win... remember that if the super gears kill you you get to respawn next to your ball carrier giving him plenty of opportunities to pass or to keep him alive.

its like taking a field goal instead of a touchdown to win a game... it aint glorious but it gets the job done. His strategy simply beat your strategy its one game and there's no reason to cry over it. If anything all you've done is given more people that idea and now it will become an epidemic lol

Obviosly you you missed the ALMOST 3 mins the second time not 3 mins .. that is a moot point and a strawman arguement

the most important part og the thread you still seem to be missing

OTHER WISE ... we are going to be forced to keep two pullers at spawn and rotate them out to go kill themselves in the close fire rinse and repeat and anyone getting close to score will be instantly pulled to death and no one WILL EVER SCORE ON US ... is that really how you want us to play ... becuase we can if devs are going to say its okay ... but all games will be low scoring affairs at that point if at all ... i know we could keep people from scoring on us EVER if we hold two or three pullers back at spawn to insta death anyone coming near

and as soon as one of thems kick from instance timer is almost out they can go kill themselves in the fire and do it agian ... this would give 5-6 players to advance the ball to try to score and hope the other team is too stupis to have pullers

is this where we want to take huttball ... make it a game no one can score at??

Edited by Trushott

Is it unfair to get no bomb planted in a warzone even if you make it to 8.0/8.0 seconds and then getting interrupted? Is it unfair that you can get knocked back in hutball even if your standing inside thscore barrier at the line and not getting a score?

Stop complaining. Its legit and its okay.

Is it unfair to get no bomb planted in a warzone even if you make it to 8.0/8.0 seconds and then getting interrupted? Is it unfair that you can get knocked back in hutball even if your standing inside thscore barrier at the line and not getting a score?

Stop complaining. Its legit and its okay.

OBVIOUSLY

you are just not bright enough to comprehend the gravity of thie following particularly the last part ..... in blue

OTHER WISE ... we are going to be forced to keep two pullers at spawn and rotate them out to go kill themselves in the close fire rinse and repeat and anyone getting close to score will be instantly pulled to death and no one WILL EVER SCORE ON US ... is that really how you want us to play ... becuase we can if devs are going to say its okay ... but all games will be low scoring affairs at that point if at all ... i know we could keep people from scoring on us EVER if we hold two or three pullers back at spawn to insta death anyone coming near

and as soon as one of thems kick from instance timer is almost out they can go kill themselves in the fire and do it agian ... this would give 5-6 players to advance the ball to try to score and hope the other team is too stupis to have pullers

is this where we want to take huttball ... make it a game no one can score at??

Edited by Trushott

That's actually wrong. Consider NFL, arguably the biggest sport in the US where the developers in this game reside. Both feet have to touch the floor of the end zone for it to count as a touchdown. You can't hurdle the entire end zone and land outside the map and score a touchdown. That's not what happens. That's what I believe Huttball is modeled on. It isn't modeled on football because there is no 'goal' with a net or goalkeeper involved so you can't compare it to that sport. Considering the game was devloped in America it's more likely modelled on NFL than Rugby.

Edited by Zetara

That's actually wrong. Consider NFL, arguably the biggest sport in the US where the developers in this game reside. Both feet have to touch the floor of the end zone for it to count as a touchdown. You can't hurdle the entire end zone and land outside the map and score a touchdown. That's not what happens. That's what I believe Huttball is modeled on. It isn't modeled on football because there is no 'goal' with a net or goalkeeper involved so you can't compare it to that sport. Considering the game was devloped in America it's more likely modelled on NFL than Rugby.

PLEASE LEARN the RULES of football before you pretend to know the rules lol

i played college football and started when i was 5

technically you could stand completely outside of the endzone and just move the ball across the plane with your hand and its a SCORE

and yes if someone could HURDLE 10 yards and did so running from the playing field it would be a score as soon as it crossed the plane of the endzone ... not while he was in the air or moving towards the back or when he landed past the 10 yard deep endzone ... it would be a score as SOON as THE BALL crossed the plane on the running play

your getting catching a COMPLETE pass and running a score or diving a score in confused ... on the pass play the feet are to CONFIRM possesion you already have possion on a running play and therefore ANYPART OF THE BALL even the first little millimeter of it corsses the plane ... it is a SCORE

lol

Edited by Trushott

PLEASE LEARN the RULES of football before you pretend to know the rules lol

i played college football and started when i was 5

technically you could stand completely outside of the endzone and just move the ball across the plane with your hand and its a SCORE

lol

The play is dead and the touchdown scores the moment the ball crosses the goal line in possession of a player, or the moment the ball comes into possession of an offensive player in the end zone (having established possession by controlling the ball and having one or both feet or another part of the body on the ground

It is not a completion if you are not touching the floor. If you were magically floating in the endzone, or you hurdled the entire end zone from outside it, it would not be a touchdown. If you were stood with your feet on the floor, and just extended your arm into the end zone, touch down. If you get pulled by a BH through the end zone, this doesn't happen. You are not touching the floor when the ball crosses the plane into the end zone. This isn't the same. I doubt when you were playing College Football at the end of 5 you dived from outside the end zone, through it and landed back outside it and were given a touchdown.

Edited by Zetara

The play is dead and the touchdown scores the moment the ball crosses the goal line in possession of a player, or the moment the ball comes into possession of an offensive player in the end zone (having established possession by controlling the ball and having one or both feet or another part of the body on the ground

It is not a completion if you are not touching the floor. If you were magically floating in the endzone, or you hurdled the entire end zone from outside it, it would not be a touchdown. If you were stood with your feet on the floor, and just extended your arm into the end zone, touch down. If you get pulled by a BH through the end zone, this doesn't happen. This isn't the same.

jesus man are you trolling or are you that thick headed ... you just confirmed what i told you

running plays already have possesion and they count as soon as ball crosses plane ... the feet in bounds is to CONFIRM possesion on a catch which has zero to do with hutttball players have possion as they cross the plane of the goal line before dying

its all about possesion in football and players in huttball clearly have possesion as they cross plane being pulled to instant death

you CANNOT win this arguement ever ,,, your whole premise is false ..

learn the differencein running with the ball with possesion and trying to catch a ball and land in endzone with two feet to confrim possesion ... we are not talking about plays in huttball where one player passes to another and the player catching the pass in the endzone gets pulled before his feet touches the ground ... we are talking about a player with CLEAR POSESSION running towards in zoen and crosses plane with possession and then dying instant death

I am considering any further attempt by you to debate this as a troll since you the correct facts havebeen presented to you and i will not respond further to you

Edited by Trushott

jesus man are you trolling or are you that dumb ... you just confirmed what i told you

running plays already have possesion and there count as soon as ball crosses plan ... the feet in bounds is to CONFIRM possesion on a catch which has zero to do with hutttball players have possion as they cross the plane of the goal line before dying

No... I'm sorry but 'Touchdown: When any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent's goal line, provided it is not a touchback. '

If you are in mid air, you are no in bounds. You need to have a part of your body on the floor to be in complete control and classed as in bounds.

I say again. If you sprint to the end zone, and before getting there, fly through it without touching the floor and land outside of the pitch, it's not a touchdown.

I'm quoting from the rule book.

Edited by Zetara

BW CSR already said its not an exploit, so end of story. Instead of QQing, L2P. There are ways of beating this trick, its discussed before as well in the previous threads on this issue.

And nope, im not going to search those threads for you. If you are interested, you can dig it out yourself, its just a few pages back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.