Some thoughts on this Operative business.

staysa

i'm going to ask this question in hopes of getting a reasonable response:

how do you justify operative/scoundrel having more burst than assassin/shadow, while also having more group utility, armour, and the ability to self heal?

No it not true.

Scoundrel/Operative may have a better burst on OPEN . Then their DPS is much lower than the assassin one .

Ok scoundrels... I am a bounty hunter merc healer, got champion gear just missing boots.. Ok I got killed by a scoundrel before eving being able to hit him, yes he killed me within 5 seconds and thats OP? No other class i face can do that much damage in so short time, its not even healable. it felt like being a lvl 20 that gets ganked by a 50 Edited by addzffs

how do you justify operative/scoundrel having more burst than assassin/shadow, while also having more group utility, armour, and the ability to self heal?

Did you really just say that Operatives/Scoundrels have more group utility than assassin/shadow? o_O

Are you on drugs ?

not sure if serious?

not sure if serious?

I think he means the Concealment spec vs Deception assassin. If both classes spec purely for damage - Operative have a clear advantage. Plus the medium armor and basic healing abilities.

Assassin becomes really strong if utilizing his tanking capacities - but on a loss of damage. Assassin is tank, OP is a healer. Hybrid sin is good, so is hybrid OP.

DPS Sin is squishy light armor glass cannon with useless guard.

DPS Operative is better squishy medium armor glass cannon with useless heals.

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

I think he means the Concealment spec vs Deception assassin. If both classes spec purely for damage - Operative have a clear advantage. Plus the medium armor and basic healing abilities.

Assassin becomes really strong if utilizing his tanking capacities - but on a loss of damage. Assassin is tank, OP is a healer. Hybrid sin is good, so is hybrid OP.

Even in Deception spec an Assassin can use his taunts to lower damage to his allies, that right there is much more group utility than an Operative.

Even in Deception spec an Assassin can use his taunts to lower damage to his allies, that right there is much more group utility than an Operative.

Operative get basic heals which makes him as effective as "healer" as DPS sorc. (actually more effective, since his heals are instant/shorter cast time unlike sorc so he can actually use them in combat.)

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

The assassin still has a gap closer over the operative :/ and the AE knockdown > flashbang in almost every circumstance

And aren't assassin buffs on PTR?

Edited by staysa

Operative get basic heals which makes him as effective as "healer" as DPS sorc. (actually more effective, since his heals are instant/shorter cast time unlike sorc so he can actually use them in combat.)

Concealment op has 3 second heal. No instant. We also get a 1.5 sec small heal that uses our tactical advantage.

If I stop to heal, I die. Or the other guy just uses those 3 secs to get to safety.

Oh... right... sure.... So the obvious solution to this problem is to drag the one working correctly, down in with the ones that aren't. Let's forget all about the other solution..... FIXING THE OTHER CLASS!

Even if this assessment of Assassin is true, it has nothing to do with justifying this nerf. Our class worked really well so long as there weren't ridiculous buffs going on.

It wasn't the class - it was the Buffs.

Concealment op has 3 second heal. No instant. We also get a 1.5 sec small heal that uses our tactical advantage.

If I stop to heal, I die. Or the other guy just uses those 3 secs to get to safety.

This happens every single time. I've had every kind of healing adjustment in my Scrapper build you can think of, and it is just simply pointless. If you're at the point during the middle of the fight that you feel you suddenly need to do an emergency 3 sec stationary heal that is at best only going to net you 1.8k and is guaranteed to end up taking no less than 5 seconds, if it manages to cast at all because of the ridiculous knockback on damage or they actually do something smart like Interrupt, you're going to die. You're better off using that time to lose LoS - you might die, but your odds of survival at least exist.

You will never get the heal off unless you Groin Kick or Flashbang first, in which case you have probably already used both of those in order to get behind the target to use Back Blast or... I mean there is never the case where you have either of these available. In any event, assuming the other guy doesn't run away - healing in the middle of the fight... they will always out-damage you and you will always die. It's an observable fact.

If you manage to get away, and someone on your team comes to your rescue... sure... it's somewhat handy then, but not really because you have the heal anyway, and any sort of adjustment you can do on it with a Scrapper build is applying minimum increase. You're better off just using Recovery. Either way, you're pretty much in some dark corner somewhere realizing you just got the crap kicked out of you.