The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Operative Nerf is too much

big_aug

I'm actually level 50 (Valor 57), have been for a while...so lets school you a bit...

Did you really think that i thought you were under lvl 10 :rolleyes:

Yeah i have played the Operative in game testing 3 month befor the game launched

so i know the class and the other classes well. Btw i'm a valor rank battlemaster ingame myself in full champ gear saving up those battlemaster commendations.So i do have a clue about game balance in TOR.Just the fact the devs are making changes mean the class was clearly OP as they can see from the numbers on their systems.And they know more about this then me and you.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operative here and here is what I think of the nerf:

You have 6 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

HAVE FUN PLAYING SITH SORCBALL FOR 8HRS A DAY!!

An operative is sith so your post makes no sense. You don't even know your faction. If fotm chasers quit it is only a better game for pvpers so bye!

Everyone should be taking notes here. The way they are gutting this class, it's a pretty good indication of how the nerf hammer swings in this game.

Good luck to the next in line. ;)

These are all fotm chasers. They will be the same people complaining the next time a class gets adjusted.

Since the PvP bracket was introduced I've had no problems with Soundrels/Operatives..

PvP has been great fun since it's introduction so unless the level 50 bracket is full of them or Ilum I don't know if this adjustment to the class is required.

A well played Operative was not only OP in 1v1, I've seen an Operative carry an entire team. There's one on my server and if I seen them end up on my team- I knew we would win, every time. They have more tools than just the opener, it's the flashbang, cc, vanish, mobility, re-appear at the other door and plant the bomb, on top of the instantly take out a player 1v1. All in all operatives were too powerful and all you Operatives knew it.

That guy picked the class to play it not just to abuse fotm power. Most of those saying the class does not have anything else believe it because all they do is abuse the overpowered part they saw on the forums. They never learned to play the whole class.

That guy picked the class to play it not just to abuse fotm power. Most of those saying the class does not have anything else believe it because all they do is abuse the overpowered part they saw on the forums. They never learned to play the whole class.

No, most people are saying it has nothing else because these nerfs affect one skill tree in particular, only one tree, and the nerfs destroy everything this tree adds to the class. Everything else the class can do is available to all 3 roles. They are completely gutting a tree, and giving it nothing back to keep it in line.

The other two specs will remain fine.

Haha I'm sticking with the ops. But nice try. I always play melee stealth classes. I can live with the nerfs frankly. We needed balancing for sure.

If I was FOTM, I would be playing inquis or BH. ;)

I like the cut of your jibe. You will probably enjoy it more now you are not painted with the bias others have for the fotm cockroaches. Bh and sorcerers may be just as overpowered but the big bang numbers are cat nip for fotm chasers.

Ah so many baddies in this thread that think they still won't be stomped by any average Scoundrel/Operative out there. You know why... because you guys are TERRIBLE and you will always lose because you are losers.

These nerfs really hurt Scoundrels/Op's vs good players though... ones that already didn't die to the burst.

Baddies you just keep on QQ'ing because you will still die in 3 hits to Scoundrels/OP's. We all know you will.

It's not the games fault your terrible baddies is it.

The tears are plentiful in this one.

As a rank 75 Valor player of concealment Ops with all but 1 piece of BM gear:

The burst is big. Probably too big when going against certain classes. I've hit for 8.6k before the bracket changes. Anyone in Medium or lower armor does take a lot of damage.

I can go 1/2 way with all the sub 50's who haven't seen full geared 50 premades and I will agree some changes were needed, but their proposed changes are a bit too severe.

As posted by someone earlier, if a person is good enough or has the support to survive the opening burst, Ops aren't that great. We have very little utility outside the 5-10m range.

IMO Bioware really needs to wait for more people to gear up and realize this. I'll take the 20% nerf for hidden strike or 1.5 sec. reduction on stun, but both AND the acid blade nerf is going to completely illegitimize the concealment tree.

Lol no. Enjoy the balance though. See what I did there?

I think you're wrong on this one. If they changed the resolve value of HS, it will be in the patch notes. The fact there was nothing on this can only mean one thing. It will still give a full resolve bar.

He thinks resolve is determined by formula. I suspect it is a static number placed on each skill and that it will not be changed initially.

im tired of all you operatives crying i wont be able to survive without 3 shotting people with high crits WELCOME TO ASSASSIN DPS PVP our out of stealth hit crits for 450 operatives will still have more burst then us after the nerf doesnt matter and they same ****y amount of survivability

Here here. As an assassin as well I find the operative complaining silly.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

The Nerf is simply too much.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with any one of the nerfs on their own, but combined, it's completely over doing it.

I am in almost full champion with a few pieces of centurion and one missing piece of PvP gear. I have ~565 expertise.

The MOST I crit for right now in the 50's bracket using adrenal/stim/relic/warzone buff is about 5.6K. Without all those buffs stacked, my crits probably average somehwere around 3-4K. Backstab is doing about 3K and lacerate about 2.5k. I don't think that's too much considering those are CRITS!

That doesn't happen every time. Sometimes I hit for about 1K with Hidden Strike. On a geared tank, I've seen as low as 927 follwed by 1.2k, 1.3k, 1.3k on backstab, shiv, and lacerate. This is with Acid Blade.

Now, a straight 20% reduction in damage on Hidden Strike is a pretty damn large amount. Combined with the Acid Blade reduction, I'm scared to see what I'd hit for without crits. Add in the fact that we will only get a 1.5 second knockdown, and it's just wow...

The class might end up being completely useless in PvP. We don't have ANY of the utility that a lot of other classes get. They nerfed the only thing we had, opening burst, and they nerfed it significantly.

I haven't even mentioned PvE. I haven't done it much, so I don't know if it will make much difference there. Probably not being that fights are longer and you don't use your opener much.

Anyways, I think it was a huge mistake to ner so much all at one time. I cancelled my subscription. It wasn't even "rage quitting." It was more like, "If it's only been one month and they are making huge nerfs, I can't imagine what else is in store." I don't feel like rolling another class if Operatives do indeed become useless. I kind of just needed a reason to quit to push me over that edge and this was it.

And I called it a little while ago. I said they'd to Operatives exactly what they did in DAoC with Critblades - completely ruin them.

The story was good though, I'll give them that. Thank god I caught my subscription before it renews today.

EDIT: If Hidden Strike still completely fills the resolve bar, then the Jarring Strike talent becomes completely useless. There would be NO reason to ever take it. Instead, you could open with Hidden Strike and you'd probably get at least one more attack in before the person reacted. You could then stun them Debilitae and follow up with flash bang later.

They need to fix that if it's the case.

Well ... that sucks for you, ask Bioware to give you something to deal dmg out of stealth.

Seems like ... that without backstab & hidden strike, you've got nothing to hit people with.

Dude ... I almost got 3 bars full of stuff to hit you with ... don't tell me there's not something in there that'll get the job done.

I love how the OP's get the nerf stick and BH's/Troopers and Couns/Sorc's are untouched....time to level a BH and spam missiles....

What are they gonna do to those classes. BH/Trooper are about as bland as it gets as it is.

1 1 1 2 3 1 1 1 2 3 1 1 1 2 3....

Maybe if the fix full auto knockback? Then things will get crazy! A whole extra ability to play with!

Makes no sense. The Gunslinger and Sentinel are insanely fun to play, many abilities, feels like you are actually playing a game.

Commando/BH is just special-ed central. My main is a slinger and i have my commando up to 41 now and its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. Dont nerf these guys for the sake of sanity, please.

One of the only things that made having an OP take my Tank down to 20% before I could do anything bearable was the knowledge that I'd get to enjoy the OPs' tears once their "I WIN" button got nerfed.

To the hundreds of OPs that told us to L2P - Karmas a *****.

Edited by Torcer

The WoW clone is complete :p kneejerk % buffs in the wrong places with 0 compensation for the parts of the class that are lacking.

ha, ha!

This man speaks the truth!

And I bet noone will stop playing still. Too many people not willing to put their money where their mouth is.