Why is Watchman so good in PvP?

AASmirnov

and Awe don't forget! AE interupt!

I sometimes get the feeling that merciless slash interupts too, does it?

If they don't have the traits to reduce induction knockback, Merciless crits will typically cancel out any induction they have. However, most healers have immunity to induction knockback.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for opening a thread like this again, but it have been bugging me for quite some time. As far as I see, Watchman is a DoT tree. And DoTs are weaker in PvP due to presence of healers, so often mentioned 300K damage can be poured into one character and be not enough to kill him, if he's getting heals. Why is then Watchman considered superior to Combat in PvP? Is Merciless Slash that good?

I'm convinced to get 300k consistently as a Watchman, the stars just have to align right. You have to be in a Warzone with:

A: Plenty of heals on your side.

B: A tank or two that *really* know their job, guarding whoever is taking damage.

C: Plenty of heals on *their* side. (Watchman can't burst, so if guys are dying too fast, you're not dealing much damage).

D: A match that lasts 20 minutes (Voidstar).

Granted, A and B can be in the bag if your ambitious (just queue with a healers and a tank and hope you get 1-2 more of either random), but that requires more ambition than people should have to put forward to succeed as easily as a button spamming Sage/Sorcerer who can just do it all on his own.

I'm convinced to get 300k consistently as a Watchman, the stars just have to align right. You have to be in a Warzone with:

A: Plenty of heals on your side.

B: A tank or two that *really* know their job, guarding whoever is taking damage.

C: Plenty of heals on *their* side. (Watchman can't burst, so if guys are dying too fast, you're not dealing much damage).

D: A match that lasts 20 minutes (Voidstar).

Granted, A and B can be in the bag if your ambitious (just queue with a healers and a tank and hope you get 1-2 more of either random), but that requires more ambition than people should have to put forward to succeed as easily as a button spamming Sage/Sorcerer who can just do it all on his own.

Both Huttball and Voidstar are EASY 300k games if they don't get 6-0'd. Alderaan is quite hard to do, and 9/10 times I play Alderaan no one on either team sees 200k, just because the game ends so quickly.

And one more time, Watchman CAN burst.

Im Valor rank 69 on my sent and have tried all 3 builds. I always come back to watchmen. It is very bursty and I am a royal pain in the *** to ANYONE I get on especially healers....no one is mention the snare we get on cauterize or the fact that merciless has a 100% chance to get rid of the cd on cauterize. Basicaly that means I can have cauterize on a target almost 100% of the time so they are snared 100% of the time.

Combat has moments where I feel its great. 4500 dispatch crt was nice the other day.

All in all, I feel I tear targets down faster as watchmen, get higher numbers in wz's with it and love the interupts, point blank force leap, heal ticks etc.

Tried them all and keep coming back to watchmen. Focus was neat and all, but all I felt I got was an occasion high damage aoe. The rest was meh. And even that aoe was situational, not something I could depend on. Though I will admit, the focus tree I gave the least amount of time.

Those saying watchmen is not bursty are soo wrong, I wreck healers all day long.

Humm I haven't had any major issues with my combat specced Sentinel. I will have to give Watchman a try but PVP wise, I still do fairly good. I guess EVE-Online taught me well... If there's one thing I excel at is how I choose my fights carefully.

I'm the type to allow someone to drop 2K of my health while I run next to debris and barrel to give me an edge on movement. Rushing in the middle of a brawl first is simply a bad idea... waiting and rushing in when the fight is locked and engage is very rewarding.

I do greatly agree that buff to our class is needed. Still, Combat spec has been my key tree since the beginning.